• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Did the patch add an additional placeholder on top of already existing ones, or were there none in 1.10 and now there is one/some?

Guess maybe we'll see soon who's getting in next? Wonder if they've be able to find out who from the 1.1.1 data....

Lunalie

Years
    From what I've read there were originally two placeholders, The newest patch added a third one.

As for who's going to be added it's anyone's guess. The obvious American/European favorite quickly became Shovel Knight when the ballot was introduced but if I'm not mistaken Japan doesn't even have the game yet, nor do I think it would ever be too popular there unless Nintendo pulls something to hype it up. However, Nintendo really has supported Shovel Knight so It's a toss up.

We can probably also expect a character similar to Marth and Roy's Appearance in Melee in terms of "Who the heck are these two?" Japan is a very different audience than in the states and it would be unreasonable to assume who would make it in based on American popularity alone. As for who they would be, I have no idea, But I can always hope for Goemon to relive my childhood. "But Luna! Goemon is a Konami character." Snake was in Brawl so I can dream! ;_;

Despite them having a costume, after the outstanding success of Splatoon all over the world I would be genuinely surprised if we don't see Inklings in Smash 4.

Finally, I'm willing to bet we'll be seeing more than 3 characters coming from this ballot.

/end speculation

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Both Wolf and King K. Rool are viewed as safe picks due to their high demand from the ballot, and as for the third slot, I personally want Inkling, but there's a chance that the slot may go to either Issac, Bandana Dee, Shantae, or Shovel Knight (4 of which, alongside with Inkling, are also the most popular picks).

Lunalie

Years
    I don't know about wolf being a safe pick. Back in brawl not many people liked him too much for being yet another Starfox character who's moveset resembled Fox's. Not to mention Fox has quite a few custom moves that somewhat resemble Wolf's variations of the moves in brawl like the Impact blaster and Wolf Flash.

K. Rool, Admitedly I mostly forgot about because of his Mii Costume, which is odd because I specifically mentioned the Inkling costume.

As for the other three I could see them all making it (Especially Shantae) I just didn't mention them because I think Shovel Knight and Inkling are just that much more likely.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I don't know about wolf being a safe pick. Back in brawl not many people liked him too much for being yet another Starfox character who's moveset resembled Fox's. Not to mention Fox has quite a few custom moves that somewhat resemble Wolf's variations of the moves in brawl like the Impact blaster and Wolf Flash.
    Ness has all of Lucas' moves as his customs, but that didn't stop him from becoming DLC. Oh, and everyone seems to ignore Wolf's A moveset, which are completely different from Fox and Falco, and the fact that a plethora of characters in the roster share the same counter moves from their B movesets, so it isn't a big deal anymore.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'd put Wolf as a pretty safe pick tbh. Out of the 4 DLC characters we've gotten so far, 3 of them were characters from past games that didn't make it in the launch version of the game, with two of those being semi-clones of other characters both in Smash 4 and the games they were last in. Wolf is similar to Lucas in the sense that he has very similar specials to another character from the franchise (Ness and Fox, respectively) but different ground moves and aerials. He has a fair bit of support amongst the internet community iirc.

I wouldn't mind if we get him as a DLC character (would certainly be better to have than Roy), though I do hope that we (also) get someone who's not just someone brought back from Melee/Brawl.

Lunalie

Years
    Sorry if I came across as aggressive, I'm just stating what I think about the ballot. If they manage to make Wolf feel different enough from Fox I would be fine if he made it. They managed to do it with Fox/Falco and Ness/Lucas so I don't doubt that they can. I'm just saying there are more problems with adding a third similar character now than there were in brawl.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Maybe it's just me being hopeful, but it's not much of a stretch to assume that they'd bring back a stage from Brawl, especially since it's from a game that got re-released on the Wii U. It also seems a bit convenient that the leak predicted something like that, but left something more specific and unpredictable like costumes alone. Again, this might just be me being desperate for another space animal (Wolf) not to get in, but whatever.

I definitely think we'll get more stages and a few more characters for DLC in the future. Having 3 ballot characters and wasting one on a Brawl technically not clone seems silly to me.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Sorry if I came across as aggressive, I'm just stating what I think about the ballot. If they manage to make Wolf feel different enough from Fox I would be fine if he made it. They managed to do it with Fox/Falco and Ness/Lucas so I don't doubt that they can. I'm just saying there are more problems with adding a third similar character now than there were in brawl.
    Ignore Wolf's neutral and down b and tell me again that he's too similar to Fox.

Lunalie

Years
    I actually was ignoring his down b :( Mostly because I had no idea how it was different from Fox's so I didn't want to talk about something I knew nothing about.

And huh, I didn't know Falco had the same speed as Wolf back in Brawl, That must be why I didn't like Falco too much, too slow for his weight.

I've got a question for fellow For Glory players: How do you deal with spammers? people that just spam the same few moves repeatedly.
    It depends on the character spamming. I main Shulk so I have quite a few options on how to approach depending on the character. For example against Link They almost always start off launching arrows and throwing their Boomerang. What I typically do is swap to Monado speed, Shield the first projectile then approach either one of two ways. I either Roll/Shield through the projectiles and approach on the ground or Try to jump over them and hit him with a Forward Air. The problem with approaching him by air is that the gale boomerang's return can ruin your day by guiding you right into an Up smash so you have to be careful doing that. Once you're in close they typically either start rolling away or start throwing around Smash attacks, Being shulk I just need to keep my space and counter with the Monado's superior range, or catch up to his rolling and try to punish it.

It's obnoxious to deal with it but really the only way to counter it is to find a way with your character and practice it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I've got a question for fellow For Glory players: How do you deal with spammers? people that just spam the same few moves repeatedly.
    Who do you normally play as, and which characters tend to give you the most trouble?

Years
    Who do you normally play as, and which characters tend to give you the most trouble?

Ike, and pretty much anything with projectiles like Link and others, I can't reach them without getting hit because Ike's air mobility is not the greatest aside from his side-b which can be punished relatively easily or I can overshoot and side-b of the stage, there's also people that spam counters, and with some like the FE characters they're easy to predict but either Shulk's and Lucario's counter last longer or the visual cues are throwing me of, either that or it's because in a lot of matches the game always seems to lag when they're countering throwing off my timing. There's a couple of character's that spam side-b like Dark Pit and during which they're unsuspectible to attacks, but one of the most annoying nes are the ones that keep rolling around all my attacks, and whenever I try to predict them rolling to the other side they either don't or I accidentally activate a side-sash instead of a side tilt. (I play on the normal3DS, and it doesn't have a c-stick for those).
    I just really don't know how to deal with them as Ike, due to Ike just being too slow.

Lunalie

Years
    Try spot dodging, it's harder to punish and predict than rolling. Of course you'll need to keep it slow and steady, maybe shield a few as well. Once you get close you might try short hopping into a forward air.
    Other than that all I can suggest is practicing perfect shielding.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ike, and pretty much anything with projectiles like Link and others, I can't reach them without getting hit because Ike's air mobility is not the greatest aside from his side-b which can be punished relatively easily or I can overshoot and side-b of the stage, there's also people that spam counters, and with some like the FE characters they're easy to predict but either Shulk's and Lucario's counter last longer or the visual cues are throwing me of, either that or it's because in a lot of matches the game always seems to lag when they're countering throwing off my timing. There's a couple of character's that spam side-b like Dark Pit and during which they're unsuspectible to attacks, but one of the most annoying nes are the ones that keep rolling around all my attacks, and whenever I try to predict them rolling to the other side they either don't or I accidentally activate a side-sash instead of a side tilt. (I play on the normal3DS, and it doesn't have a c-stick for those).
    I just really don't know how to deal with them as Ike, due to Ike just being too slow.
    Yeah Link's kind of a pain in the ass and I'm pretty sure zoner type people aren't great matchups for Ike. Something to try though is walking up to them and shielding (perfect shield if you can) each projectile as it comes until you're close to them, were you beat them out since Ragnell is longer than every other sword in the game except for the Monado (but Shulk's frame data is bad so) and Ike has a decent throw game.

Don't approach Link by jumping and landing in front of him though, that's just gonna make you eat an Usmash or get grabbed. Also don't approach by flying into them with a short hop aerial, that's hella unsafe on shield and bound to get you punished.

But yeah, the key thing is like Spino said, to be patient. Projectile spam tactics thrive on people getting hasty and trying to get in asap. If you play patiently you should be able to eventually get in and then win since most FG projectile spammers don't think much beyond lobbing **** at you.

For the rolly type people it depends on what kind of roller they are. The ones that just roll from one end of the stage to the other are the easiest since they're the most predictable. Walking up to them and then doing an Ftilt in the other direction or doing a down smash will often catch them. Pivot grabs or pivot Ftilts can sometimes work too. Ike's dash attack is also good at punishing rolls in some cases iirc (and it kills too :) )

In general anyway. You do occasionally run into people who projectile spam but know what they're doing so they're a lot harder to break. Fought this Duck Hunt the other day and could not figure out how to break his defenses.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I thought Ike's forward air had pretty good Shield push-back, sorry.
    Eh, I meant more in general. I don't actually remember how much shield push-back his FAir causes, but with the new shield stun formula a well spaced FAir from Ike might be safe on shield against the majority of the cast. It's just that I see a lot of people online charge into me with a very poorly spaced aerial and I find it really easy to shield and punish.

Back