• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lunalie

Years
    Well since Cloud from Final Fantasy VII will be a fighter in Smash Bros for 3DS and WiiU, I bet there could be a Final Fantasy themed stage added. Probably Midgar or one of the other locations in Final Fantasy VII.
    There is a FFVII stage, I dont know what it's called considering I've never played FFVII (gasp) but it's a dark looking city and Aeons attack it.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I hope Cloud isn't the fan's votes... I mean, I don't have anything against him, but I want so many other characters.

i would love to see King K. Rool, Paper Mario, Midna and Wolf Link, Banjo and Conker (a girl can dream), Rayman... Looks like I don't want another Swordsman lol.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Cloud is pretty hype and deserved. You can definitely tell he isn't ballot, and if you truly hate his inclusion, they have a huge smash bros direct next month! That should be really good and I am looking forward to it!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Cloud is pretty hype and deserved. You can definitely tell he isn't ballot, and if you truly hate his inclusion, they have a huge smash bros direct next month! That should be really good and I am looking forward to it!

Aww man I'm so hyped up. If Cloud is officially part of the roster do other Final Fantasy characters get to be invited too? Are we gonna see Sephiroth and Golbez show up next? Oh please Nintendo make it happen. Seeing Final Fantasy villains getting creamed by characters like Pikachu and Kirby would make my week. It'd be freaking hilarious.

Reactions: Z25

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Yay, more swords.

J-just like everyone wanted, right?

We all wanted another JRPG swordsman, right?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I can't wait for it.

I hope they add Lightning later as we've had no female as DLC (SSB Mewtwo is iffy and has a manly voice, so I don't count it) thus far, but more importantly she's awesome!

Reactions: Z25

LucarioFan3

Needs A New Username lol
    Years
    Hi left field, how are you doing today?

Seriously though, this means that we could get literally anyone for smash.
    Goku as a suggestion is no longer a troll, It could seriously happen.

At least Cloud is a video game character, even if one without much history with Nintendo, so Goku would still be trollish.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    imo the best part of that trailer was watching SE's name pop onto the affiliates list.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Yay, more swords.

Not just another JRPG swordsman, it's THE GRANDDADDY of JRPG swordsmen. But hey, at least it was a newcomer as DLC and not a veteran, which was what you've previously wanted.

I hope they add Lightning later as we've had no female as DLC (SSB Mewtwo is iffy and has a manly voice, so I don't count it) thus far, but more importantly she's awesome!

There are better choices for a female DLC fighter, considering how lukewarm Lightning received from fans when Square Enix kept shoving her down on everyone's throats.

Aww man I'm so hyped up. If Cloud is officially part of the roster do other Final Fantasy characters get to be invited too?

Nope, it's one rep per third-party franchise. We didn't get a second Mega Man rep when another Capcom character.

There ARE Dragon Ball Z fighting games. Still might not be THAT impossible.

One of the general rules for Smash Bros. is that the character in question has to originate from a video game. Goku originated from a manga, so he's automatically disqualified.

Lunalie

Years
    At least Cloud is a video game character, even if one without much history with Nintendo, so Goku would still be trollish.

I'm not saying it's likely, just possiable.
    Personally, I still want Phoenix Wright.

Yay, more swords.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017

Did anyone else notice the Brawl music that was played during the "Super Smash Bros. Special Broadcast" notice at the end of the Direct...?

*cough* Wolf *cough* Ivysaur *cough* Squirtle

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    woo a character I don't give a **** about, just like I expected

Was expecting more than one character to get revealed though....

I am both excited and worried at the same time. Excited because it's another iconic third-party franchise getting representation in Smash, and worried because it's a character from the most polarized entry in the series.
    I thought that XIII was the more polarized entry?

A lot of people on the Twitter are really upset about Cloud being in Smash, but here's my argument:

It could have been Lightning, and the tagline could have been "Lightning Returns". Which is the worse option?
    It's always gonna be a mixed reaction really, no matter who gets in.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I thought that XIII was the more polarized entry?

XIII is mostly hated by fans; VII is the entry that you either love for its story and characters or hate for creating tropes that would plague the Final Fantasy series from then onwards. Some would prefer the Black Mage or Chocobo as a better representation of Final Fantasy. Heck, there's even a petition to remove Cloud from Smash.

Reactions: Nah

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    A lot of people on the Twitter are really upset about Cloud being in Smash, but here's my argument:

It could have been Lightning, and the tagline could have been "Lightning Returns". Which is the worse option?

And let's not forget, Lightening is Sakurai's favorite FF character.
    And the hate for Cloud will blow over, especially when he is released and they reveal more DLC.

Back