• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Do you customize your controls? How do you like them? Do you the stick or button to jump?

I put shield on Y. Grab on R Shoulder.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
Dude with connection like that, I hope I get matched up with you in the brackets so I can finally have a flawless For Glory match. xD
Matches with Polar are nice and lag-free. I've done a bunch with him, and only 1 match had lag. The rest have been lag-free.

Do you customize your controls? How do you like them? Do you the stick or button to jump?

I put shield on Y. Grab on R Shoulder.
I have the up to jump option turned off and I have grab on Y. I don't like jumping with the stick and the default L for grab doesn't work with me on the 3DS. I did try using R+A to grab for a while, but that didn't work so well either.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I keep forgetting to try customizing my controls by removing the up stick to jump and moving the Grab button else where.

Does anyone care about their For Glory rankings? I do, because I got my butt kicked by a Sonic main every single time I face him; not even my best mains could stop him. I don't know if I'm overall terrible or if Sonic is way too good in this installment, which is starting to make me hate the character. I do not want my lose ratio to overlap my win ratio, for I want a balance to show how average I am.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
My win ratio is much greater than my loss. I like to keep it that way. Though no one can look at my records anyway so it's just for my own personal enjoyment.

And I agree that Sonic is a little too fast to the point where I feel like it is very difficult to shield in time because his moves go by so fast. I feel like he can just recover off of the ground immediately with that Neutral Air or Forward Air (the one where he spins himself around like a drill).

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
Does anyone care about their For Glory rankings? I do, because I got my butt kicked by a Sonic main every single time I face him; not even my best mains could stop him. I don't know if I'm overall terrible or if Sonic is way too good in this installment, which is starting to make me hate the character. I do not want my lose ratio to overlap my win ratio, for I want a balance to show how average I am.

I've only fought a Sonic player once online, and I got wrecked by him too. Dude just ****ing spammed his spin dashes and homing attack (which is basically what the CPUs do, but not as well). Can't say I like him either in Smash because of that spamming and Sonic being a cocky bastard.

My For Glory record is currently 43 wins, 45 losses.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
So I checked my For Glory record and it turns out to be 8-6. Damn, I thought I had more wins. 1 of the losses was a disconnect because I turned off my 3DS. I couldn't pause and the lag was horrendous so I had no option but to shut off my game.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I've only fought a Sonic player once online, and I got wrecked by him too. Dude just ****ing spammed his spin dashes and homing attack (which is basically what the CPUs do, but not as well). Can't say I like him either in Smash because of that spamming and Sonic being a cocky bastard.
That's what the Sonic player has been doing to me too. No matter how I can to rush into him, roll to avoid him, or try to attack him while he's spin dashing or homing, I always get caught by his combos. In case if both players are one of the same, does he go by the name Jc?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
That's what the Sonic player has been doing to me too. No matter how I can to rush into him, roll to avoid him, or try to attack him while he's spin dashing or homing, I always get caught by his combos. In case if both players are one of the same, does he go by the name Jc?
I don't remember what his name was. =/

Years
I fought a Sonic player yesterday that did the same thing. I didn't have a chance to do anything. God, that was so annoying.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
Because I'm bored, here's my take on a few characters I've been trying out in classic mode.

Yoshi is often put near or at top tier, and I can see why. But he seems to have somewhat floaty controls to me. Is there any reliable way to get around this?

Duck Hunt is probably my favorite newcomer, at least after Greninja. His moves make him super versatile, and I love that he's just a dog with a duck and not really anthropomorphized in any way. The idea of the dog making friends and fighting with a duck is adorable.

Playing as the villager is fun and hilarious at times, but I can't see myself actually using him seriously.

Also, a slight rant about the Wii U version of the game, regarding a specific stage.
Spoiler:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I've checked my For Glory record in comparison: 65 Victories, 80 Top-Half Victories, and 84 Losses. This is a terrible record I'm telling you.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
My current For Glory record is... blank. I should probably hit up For Glory mode sometime. xD

Also, did anyone else hear about that Amazon.com leak? Spoiler'd just in case some don't wanna know (I got accidentally spoiled when ZeldaInformer's article on it appeared on my Facebook feed xD):
Spoiler:

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Sonic, I find feels spammy to play against - because, well I played as him in a few - and a lot of his moves are the same yo :v

Like, they work differently, but a laughable majority are just; "He spins in a ball and slams into you"

:I

Also yes my matches are glorious and lag free unless it's with 3 other people. Don't know why that pic actually shows me with 23 ping, it's usually down to 9 :U

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Also, a slight rant about the Wii U version of the game, regarding a specific stage.
Spoiler:
No, bad. Unova League in 3DS version, good. >:l

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Well as of last night, I finally got Bowser Jr. Course he was tough, like I predicted he would be. It took me three attempts to beat him. I defeated him using Dark Pit. So when I fought Bowser Jr, I basically "fought fire with fire." In other words, I used an unlockable character to get an unlockable character.

Years
So from what I'm getting from the above posts I've been using sonic wrong this whole time as I'm getting wrecked by cpu's although said cpus were rosalina and palutena. Also I think I figured out how priority in attacks work, if you se soni using a homing attack and do a smash attack in the direction he's coming from you should hit him before he can hit you.
(Why am I telling people about the weakness of one of my mains?)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm wondering how to combo in the game...

Most I have got is 28. I can't quite combo in fighting games in general very well, and that 100-combo challenge looks impossible to me.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
I'm wondering how to combo in the game...

Most I have got is 28. I can't quite combo in fighting games in general very well, and that 100-combo challenge looks impossible to me.

For the 100-combo just use this trick.

In training mode, Pick Ness. Set the damage to 999%. Grab your opponent and keep hitting the L button (or whatever button you use for grabbing) and keep hitting it until you have 100 hits.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
For the 100-combo just use this trick.

In training mode, Pick Ness. Set the damage to 999%. Grab your opponent and keep hitting the L button (or whatever button you use for grabbing) and keep hitting it until you have 100 hits.

Or you can have your opponent getting caught on four smart bombs by having standing near three of them and you throwing the fourth one at him/her, as shown from one of Game Explain's videos.

Back