• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Dr. Eggman could easily be a Bowser Jr. clone. Just replace the Clown Car with that bowl-ship Eggman rides on in Sonic 1, 2, and 3.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Does anyone else think Rosalina is just a little bit over-powered? She has incredible range, power, juggling, disjointed hitboxes, and ON TOP of all this, she gets Luma. It's just unfair because there aren't that many negative trade-offs to balance Rosalina out.

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Does anyone else think Rosalina is just a little bit over-powered? She has incredible range, power, juggling, disjointed hitboxes, and ON TOP of all this, she gets Luma. It's just unfair because there aren't that many negative trade-offs to balance Rosalina out.

Didn't even consider it. I don't think she's OP, and I think all characters on the new smash are well balanced. Little Mac is slightly OP on the ground, that is if you don't know how to fight him and what his weak point is. But after you do he's super easy.

I do think that Rosalina could be a very powerful character if someone mastered her. So far none have and that's one of her downsides.

Rosalina is a very very hard character to pick up and extremely hard to master.
    Comparing Rosalinas pluses to other characters when she's without Luma, Rosalina might be considered one of the worst characters ever.
    Adding to the hard to master, you have to be constantly looking out for Luma and controlling her on top of focusing on yourself and the battle.
    Like I said with Little Mac, if you know her downsides and weaknesses, and generally how to use her, she's not all that tough. Jumping over her Luma bodyguard is very easy and then after that, all Rosalina is focusing on is getting Luma to come back and help whilst getting beat up and trying to avoid attacks.

But like I said, if you could master her then she would be powerful, but not OP at that point either.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Didn't even consider it. I don't think she's OP, and I think all characters on the new smash are well balanced. Little Mac is slightly OP on the ground, that is if you don't know how to fight him and what his weak point is. But after you do he's super easy.

I do think that Rosalina could be a very powerful character if someone mastered her. So far none have and that's one of her downsides.

Rosalina is a very very hard character to pick up and extremely hard to master.
    Comparing Rosalinas pluses to other characters when she's without Luma, Rosalina might be considered one of the worst characters ever.
    Adding to the hard to master, you have to be constantly looking out for Luma and controlling her on top of focusing on yourself and the battle.
    Like I said with Little Mac, if you know her downsides and weaknesses, and generally how to use her, she's not all that tough. Jumping over her Luma bodyguard is very easy and then after that, all Rosalina is focusing on is getting Luma to come back and help whilst getting beat up and trying to avoid attacks.

But like I said, if you could master her then she would be powerful, but not OP at that point either.
    OP doesn't neccesarily mean unbeatable, I said she's a little OP. What I mean is that she has a slight unfair advantage compared to everyone else, in that she's a bit unbalanced. When she is without Luma, she is still at an advantage. Her attacks have incredible range, power, and speed, and she doesn't even need Luma to juggle opponents. Plus, because she's so light, it's very difficult to combo her.

I don't really know that many weaknesses of hers. Any characters in particular you know that counter her?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Rosalina by design of being a puppet archetype is bound to be one of the strongest characters. Unlike pretty much every other puppet character in other fighting games however, Rosalina is actually really easy to use.

She's not OP, but the fact that she shuts down so many characters is ridiculous.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    Yeah, I thought she'd be sort of clunky, like other characters in other games such as Granny Chiyo and Kankuro from the Naruto fighting games. But nope, she's fun to use. I don't think I'm good enough to main her, but if you can, you'd be a really tough opponent.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Dr. Eggman could easily be a Bowser Jr. clone. Just replace the Clown Car with that bowl-ship Eggman rides on in Sonic 1, 2, and 3.
    And then this for the Final Smash

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Yeah, I thought she'd be sort of clunky, like other characters in other games such as Granny Chiyo and Kankuro from the Naruto fighting games. But nope, she's fun to use. I don't think I'm good enough to main her, but if you can, you'd be a really tough opponent.

My thoughts exactly.

OP doesn't neccesarily mean unbeatable, I said she's a little OP. What I mean is that she has a slight unfair advantage compared to everyone else, in that she's a bit unbalanced. When she is without Luma, she is still at an advantage. Her attacks have incredible range, power, and speed, and she doesn't even need Luma to juggle opponents. Plus, because she's so light, it's very difficult to combo her.

I don't really know that many weaknesses of hers. Any characters in particular you know that counter her?

Never really put a lot of thought into it. I personally never like to believe that certain characters can only be beat easily with a certain set of characters, but I think maybe a ranged/tactical person like Megaman would be tough for Rosalina to handle. Or any quick opponents such as Sonic, Sheik or maybe even someone like R.O.B. to take her down.

But as for a strategy for taking Rosalina down personally? Taking out her Luma, for me anyways, has always been an easy task and then opens up a whole variety of ways to attack her. And Rosalina by herself seems vulnerable to, like I said, aggressive and quick opponents like my main, Marth.

Again, never put much thought into Roslaina so don't quote me on this stuff xD

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I bet I could whoop Rosalina with Ganondorf. I got really good with him during the Year of Gaming event.
    I have two stocked a decent enough Rosalina online with Ganondorf.

It just means I was the better player. Doesn't change the fact Rosalina can shut him down hard.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I was more commenting on the fact that someone said that a fast character could beat Rosalina, but if you used Ganondorf right you could probably get the same results.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Using Ganon right means you basically read your opponent like a 3rd grade book.

So it means unless you're better than the Rosalina player you're not gonna win. :V Ganon is all about fundamentals but he just gets shut down by Rosalina by design.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    My thoughts exactly.

Never really put a lot of thought into it. I personally never like to believe that certain characters can only be beat easily with a certain set of characters, but I think maybe a ranged/tactical person like Megaman would be tough for Rosalina to handle. Or any quick opponents such as Sonic, Sheik or maybe even someone like R.O.B. to take her down.

But as for a strategy for taking Rosalina down personally? Taking out her Luma, for me anyways, has always been an easy task and then opens up a whole variety of ways to attack her. And Rosalina by herself seems vulnerable to, like I said, aggressive and quick opponents like my main, Marth.

Again, never put much thought into Roslaina so don't quote me on this stuff xD
    I'm quoting you right now to reply to you :P. Taking out her Luma does help a lot, that's true, but even without it she has still got high-range, high-speed attacks and her aerials. I main Sheik AND R.O.B, and it's still a pretty difficult fight. Perhaps I need to improve my reads though, I'm not sure.

Unfortunately, certain characters can be beaten easily with another set of characters, but fortunately it's not a complete extreme. This game (Smash 4), is pretty balanced, but also quite match-up heavy.

For example, in a fight between two players of decent and similar skill level using Rosalina VS Luigi, it is fairly likely the Rosalina will win. That doesn't mean the Luigi can't win, it just means that Rosalina will have an advantage and that it will be an uphill batlle for Luigi.

Rosalina doesn't have to many weaknesses. Even for aggresive characters, like you said, it will be easier, but Rosalina can still handle pretty well because of her juggles and fast attacks.

I do get your point though, but Rosalina might just be a little OP. That doesn't mean she doesn't have weaknesses, it just means she doesn't have enough or the right weaknesses to balance her out fairly compared to the rest of the cast.

P.S I've even heard some people say ZSS is OP, and then that Sheik is OP. I don't really think either of that's true.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    Spoiler:

I guess but it's just its wierd since he's pretty much the same as Mario with only a few different move sets. Seems a bit lazy I would of revived Pichu since we already have enough Mario characters :/

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    I main Samus, Luigi, and Shulk, and out of those 3, I've found Shulk to be the best at countering Rosalina. Provided you can predict her attacks, you can get a few good counters (ha!) off to take out her Luma, then go in close to semi-close range and go for her. The range of Shulk's Monado allows for solid hits without being too close and getting hit himself, as without her Luma, Rosalina loses her own range game.

Back