• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Sweet Time in PokéLand ~ The Trivia Frontier! ☆

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
  • I took a few days longer than my pair but I've achieved Gold Casteliacone as well now.

Nice one, nice one!! I'll get your symbol upgraded right away. ^-^

Since it looks like you've earned more than what was needed, you'll be able to save up your Sweetness Overload posts for another time! You're doing awesome!

Great to see you here, Poke! I hope you have a fun time playing all sorts of games with us. :D

---

Anyway, just to let everyone know, the games for Lava Cookie Week are officially up, so the next Frontier Symbol is up for grabs!

Silver_Symbol_2.png
    Gold_Symbol_2.png

It's the same drill as before: 10 posts will earn you a Silver Symbol, and 25 posts total will upgrade it to a Gold Symbol! You can still rack up posts in the Sweetness Overload games to count towards the Lava Cookie Symbol, of course! Here's a link to an index with all the Lava Cookie games:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116&prefixid=lavacookie_week

If you haven't earned (or upgraded) your Casteliacone Symbol yet, there's nothing to worry about! You'll have the entire duration of this event to finish up any previous Frontier Symbols as needed!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    No wonder you get your VPP's done so quickly...lol. I'm still working on last weeks threads.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    And I should be nearly done with the lava cookies and then might use most of the sweetness overload ones for the Casteliacone.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    This just gives me a reason to do something since it is collecting something and can help out with the VPP. So speed is key!

pkmin3033

I've gone through like 4 or 5 VPP since I started posting in Trivia. xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Oh nice! Also....quick question with the Sweetness Overload. If they are a free card does that mean we put the amount we want in the same category as the one we are trying to reach? Or...how does it work?

Meadow

Years
  • Wow, all of you are doing amazing!! Keep it up, everyone! I've got a looot of catching up to do myself! :D

Time to go update everyone's Frontier Symbols now, yippee!!

Oh nice! Also....quick question with the Sweetness Overload. If they are a free card does that mean we put the amount we want in the same category as the one we are trying to reach? Or...how does it work?

Ah! So with the Sweetness Overload games, you can freely distribute those posts across any number of categories you'd like!

For example, if you have 25 Sweetness Overload posts, no Casteliacone Week posts at all, and 10 Lava Cookie Week posts, you could choose to do either of the following:

• Make all 25 of your Sweetness Overload posts count towards Casteliacone Week (earning you the Gold Casteliacone Symbol)
    • Make 10 of your Sweetness Overload posts count towards Casteliacone Week (earning you the Silver Casteliacone Symbol), and add the remaining 15 Sweetness Overload posts to your 10 Lava Cookie posts, giving you a total of 25 posts for Lava Cookie Week (also earning you the Gold Lava Cookie Symbol)
    • Use none of your Sweetness Overload posts at all for now, and save them for future weeks instead

Does this make things a bit more clear? If not, please let me know and I can clarify further! I might not be the best at explaining things, but I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Years
  • Oh, I forgot to mention it, but I would also like to participate in this. I'm gonna use this post to track my progress

Spoiler: Sweetness Overload
    7 Posts (2 in Ghost Count, 1 in Choice Quest, 4 in Ultimate Hybrid

Spoiler: Casteliacone Week

Spoiler: Lava Cookie Week
    1 Post (1k Ways to get kicked out of a PKMN-Center)

Spoiler: Malasada Week

Spoiler: Gummi Week

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
  • Oh, I forgot to mention it, but I would also like to participate in this. I'm gonna use this post to track my progress soon - no badges yet though, I'm very slow D:

Ooooh, hi there!! Glad to have you aboard! o/

I'll get you added to the list of participants in the meantime! And haha, I'm also very slow, so you're not alone. :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    The main thing I was wondering if we wanted to use a sweetness overload for a different one do we post it in say the casteliacone do we post it as if it was a casteliacone? Sorry if this isn't making sense....

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
  • The main thing I was wondering if we wanted to use a sweetness overload for a different one do we post it in say the casteliacone do we post it as if it was a casteliacone? Sorry if this isn't making sense....

Ohhh!! Do you mean when you're keeping track of your progress, like your post below?

This seems interesting and fun.

Sweetness Overload:18

Casteliacone Week:25 (COMPLETE)
    Spoiler:

Lava Cookies:25 (COMPLETE!)
    Spoiler:

There's no strict rule about how you need to sort your posts, so you can feel free to sort them in any way that's easy for you to keep track of. I see you've listed your Sweetness Overload posts separately from the other categories, and that's perfectly fine! Whenever you decide to use them for another category, you can just specify how many of those posts are being used (and which categories they're being used for), if that makes sense!

Or, if it's easier for you to put your Sweetness Overload posts together with the other categories that you used them for, then you don't necessarily need to track "Sweetness Overload" as its own separate category. Just as an example, this is what Dawn did to keep track:

Casteliacone Week - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Lava Cookie Week - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

As you can see here, there's no separate group for Sweetness Overload in Dawn's post. The Sweetness Overload posts are incorporated directly with the other categories.

However, you don't have to follow the same method as Dawn! As I said above, it's still 100% fine to list Sweetness Overload posts separately, as long as it's easy for you to personally keep track of. Please let me know if this answers your question! :)

Meadow

Years
  • Where are the Malasada week threads?

aaaaaaa, sorry I'm late!! ;__; The list of Malasada Week games can be found at the index below! :D

With that being said, the Malasada Symbol has officially been unlocked!

Silver_Symbol_3.png
    Gold_Symbol_3.png

The requirements for earning it are the same as usual—10 posts in Malasada Week (and/or Sweetness Overload) games will earn you a Silver Symbol, and 25 posts will upgrade it to a Gold Symbol! And just as a reminder, the previous weeks are still open for anyone who hasn't finished earning the other two Frontier Symbols yet!

Good luck, everyone! ^‿^

pkmin3033

I've probably made enough posts in the sweetness topics to cover this symbol by now, but since I haven't kept track, I guess I'll just have to keep posting everywhere >:3

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
  • I've probably made enough posts in the sweetness topics to cover this symbol by now, but since I haven't kept track, I guess I'll just have to keep posting everywhere >:3

Hehehe, I can always count on you to keep the games alive! (*w*) If you ever feel like applying those unused posts to a Frontier Symbol, I can totally go back and track them on your behalf to save you the trouble!! Just let me know anytime! :D

I know I am about 3 weeks late, but, sure, I'll join.

Lava Cookie:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10225155#post10225155
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10225285#post10225285

That's the only two I've done so far, oof.

Hey there, welcome to PokéLand!! No need to worry about being late—I'm definitely open to extending the deadline for anyone who wants to finish up but couldn't find the time to! There wouldn't be any negative impact on others who've finished early, as they'll still be able to receive their rewards without delay. ^^ So you can tackle this at your own comfortable pace!

---

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that the Gummi Symbol is now open!

Silver_Symbol_4.png
    Gold_Symbol_4.png

As always, 10 posts in Gummi Week (and/or Sweetness Overload) games will earn you a Silver Symbol, and 25 posts will upgrade it to a Gold Symbol! The index of Gummi Week games is linked below:

Have fun! I'll try to get the Hall of Sweets updated sometime soon—please bear with me in the meantime! <3

Back