• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Symphonia

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    Legendary_Pokemaster said:
    Magnius?
    *goes to get strategy guide*
    you should take out the underlings first so you can concentrate on Magnius without interruption. make sure you use Unison Attacks whenever possible.

It is true that you should take out his underlings first, but instead of using your Unison Attacks whenever possible, I think you should use them when he's trying to cast a spell. This will cancel out his spells, and will also help you preserve your health and your Apple Gels. Although you can cancel out his spells by knocking him off balance, it may not work everytime, so if you happen to have a Unison Attack, wait until he's casting his spell. One more thing, when he's knocked down by your attacks, use that time to heal any of your team mates with Apple Gels if they need to be.

Also, remember to ALWAYS block when he's attacking you. My friends tend to get carried away and constantly slash at the foes, but they always eventually die due to not blocking when the enemy attacks. It may take a little while longer to defeat him by blocking his attacks, but atleast you'll win.

Although, I'm pretty sure you already know that it's good to block when your enemies are attacking you.

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    <<NICK>> said:
    It is true that you should take out his underlings first, but instead of using your Unison Attacks whenever possible, use them when he's trying to cast a spell. This will cancel out his spell, and will also help you preserve your health and your Apple Gels.

Also, remember to ALWAYS block when he's attacking you. My friends tend to get carried away and constantly slash at the foes, but they always eventually die due to not blocking when the enemy attacks. It may take a little while longer to defeat him by blocking his attacks, but atleast you'll win.

Although, I'm pretty sure you already know that it's good to block when your enemies are attacking you.
    Hey, I constantly slash at foes and still win! But then again, I level up my characters like mad.

So when in the game can you get Kratos back?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It's pretty late in the game, I'll say that. I'm not there yet, but I know his secret. ^_^ Was quite obvious. And I'm wondering about that blonde kid that flows you around for a while…eh. @_@;
    Oh, and I thought I'd add I went and killed the dragon in the Earth Temple a ton of times, rebuilt Luin, and bought the uber weapons. Yay~ X3

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Well, I finally got to play TOS, although it was at a special games event where you got to preview games before they were available. So, I never got chance to play the game for long. But it was still as good as I expected.

Skrin

Still the best!!!xD
    Years
    Heh, blocking's never done me any good. -_-;

But anyways, I'm at v-what's the rest of his short but hard to remember name.XD Anyways, thew guy with the energy robots, the one who casts lighting spell,oh, I don't know, EVERY 1 MILISECOND!? -_-; got any tips against him??

also, I've got the twin blade made from the masume, white silver, and black silver, ya know, the best onee from the luin.

Also, I still can't beleive that later in the game
    Spoiler: Big Spoilers.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Bob V said:
    Heh, blocking's never done me any good. -_-;

But anyways, I'm at v-what's the rest of his short but hard to remember name.XD Anyways, thew guy with the energy robots, the one who casts lighting spell,oh, I don't know, EVERY 1 MILISECOND!? -_-; got any tips against him??

also, I've got the twin blade made from the masume, white silver, and black silver, ya know, the best onee from the luin.

Also, I still can't beleive that later in the game
    Spoiler: Big Spoilers.
    I'm pretty sure you're talking about Kvar, but I may be wrong :S
    If you are, take out the energy Stones first, then focus on Kvar himself, I found it much easier, and I didnt have the guide when i fought him ^^;;
    gave Genis use spells thatarent of the lightning element. It's next to impossible to defend yourself from his attacks, so keep an eye on your HP, and back away to use recovery items as needed. it all depends on who your group of 3 is as well though. ^^;;

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    protoman said:
    hey guys what is your fav u-attack?
    You mean Unison Attack? The only combo one I've seen is Photon Tempest. @_@;

Skrin

Still the best!!!xD
    Years
    I brought Kratos and Sheena along. I know, shoot me.XD

But, I'm trying to perform one type of union atatck I know I can pull off on Kvar- Cross thrust.XD

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Okay. Kvar? Sheena and Kratos? No problem. :P

Okay. First set Kratos to "heal". Next thing set everyone to "scatter". "Frontlines" setup seems to be weaker here, so Irecommend jsut keep it at "move freely".

Next thing you need to learn is how to keep Kvar on the screen at all times so you know when he's casting a spell. You CAN dodge lightning strikes via the backward jump option (hold the block button and push back), but it's difficult with timing, so use at your own risk.

When going up against the stones, I recommend tetra slash (3 hit combo + tech) and then immediately backward jump. The stone would throw an attack and do nothing to you. Repeat until the stone is destroyed. Repeat that until all 3 are done. You MUST keep both Sheena and Kratos alive (and Kratos with lots of TP) in order for this plan to work, since they BOTH will distract Kvar. Since you won't be taking damage at all from this, I don't think it's much of a problem (since I noticed how the stone usually activate one at a time for some reason) and Kratos will always be healing Sheena.

Once The stones are done (You might even want to unison attack the stones to finish them more quickly), set headto Kratos' tech section and turn off ALL spells, including the healing. Set everyone to frontlines and hopefully they'll keep on attacking Kvar. When they're not attacking, YOU fill in the ranks so Kvar's stagger continues. Attacking with all 3 characters should be enought to eat Kvar, not allowing him to cast a single spell (or in my case, do anything for half the battle). Remember that keeping his stagger for as long as possible is the key to beating him quickly (and it's the only way to get decent grade later on in the game). If somehow Kvar actually makes a decent offense, heal with apple gels and try to get him to stagger (and kept it) as soon as possible, as the longer thsi battle takes, the less of a chance you'll have.

If you take my advice and actually do it flawlessly, you should have spent no more than 10 apple gels, 5 orange gels, and 0 life bottles.

Skrin

Still the best!!!xD
    Years
    Well, that would've been great, except that I already beat him by 11:16!!XD

Anyways, I have to go back to the tower of mana to get that book, since i missed it. Where is it?? :'(

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    Bob V said:
    Well, that would've been great, except that I already beat him by 11:16!!XD

Anyways, I have to go back to the tower of mana to get that book, since i missed it. Where is it?? :'(

Err...are you talking about Boltzeman's Healing Book?? If you are, it's in the left bookshelf when you first walk in.

Skrin

Still the best!!!xD
    Years
    Ug... why do I ask just before I figure out what to do??XD

anyways, This is a hard thing. In tethe-alla, I'm trying to get to the mines, but I don't know where to go!! Help!! :(

Back