• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Mystic

Years
  • Guys, this is something that actually exists in my town:

cUiyc9K.jpg

Years
  • If it wasn't for the streets being so clean/well kept, I'd say you look like you're in SF haha
    Close to SF actually, has a lot of similar buildings from the same time period. Oh, but I heard that SF has CRAZY stuff, like pokestops on the 20th floor of a building that you have to go up to reach because you might look like you're right on the stop on your map but because it's so far above you can't reach it. I've also heard that you'll find 1700+ Gyarados's and Dragonites in gyms all over the place.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I'm in the more rural part of the bay, so it's somewhat barren here, unfortunately. Closer into the city is definitely a lot more competitive. Gyms here are around ~900cp. I'm trying to make some plans with some of my SF friends to go hunting soon, excited to see what that'll bring B)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    All of a sudden, my closest gym is INSTINCT controlled! How/when?? I've only seen Valor and Mystic here before haha. My roomie said he saw three guys camping outside (it's a store) so maybe those were Instinct and did the deed.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Valor are holding down this gym at a nearby Nandos. I assume they work there because their Pokémon aren't that strong so I dunno how they took down my strong Tangela.
    That's the downside/peculiar side of gym battles.

As long as the challenger is diligent and is capable of taking out one Pokémon, the gym will eventually go down. Essentially it can be 6v1 all the way, slowly whittling down the gym's prestige points.

That's why in gym runs, oftentimes it's 3, 4 or even more people on one team attacking a single gym. It'll go down in an instant, even if your team is full of CP800-1000 vs. a CP1600 Dragonite anchoring the gym.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • Hi, I'm Mystic too :3
    I chose Mystic because Articuno is cool, and because of #birdinthenorth. Also blue is the best colour.

My village and the neighbouring town is mostly controlled by Valor though, apart from one gym near me, which is Mystic. Mystic tried to take one of Valor's gyms after I'd returned home but Valor got it back :(

It's late now, but I will play again tomorrow before work. My brother also gets back from his school trip to France (where they don't have Go yet hahaha) in a few days, so I can't wait to introduce him to Go (and force him to join Mystic because it's the only real choice here lol)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Mystic woo! Working to try and keep my village under blue control but there's an Instinct trainer with a pesky Jynx who keeps getting in my way. Given there are only about 10 people in the village I'm from I think I'll be seeing a lot of this Instinct guy but once I move to a bigger town in a few weeks I'll start spreading the blue flag properly!

As for why I joined Mystic - I like Articuno and also blue is not yellow or red. Sorted.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Mystic checking in here!

I picked team Mystic because blue is my favorite color out of the 3, and I'd say Articuno is my favorite legendary bird.

Also, I live in a college town and our colors are red, so most everyone is team Valor.

Years
  • I'm going to join. Haven't been here in years and Pokemon Go decided to bring me back to pc.

Why Mystic? Well because Valor sucks, and no one really cares about Instinct. (Just kidding! ..or am I :P )

Well there ain't no Team but Team Mystic!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Evolved a Horsea into a Seadra and my eevee into a Flareon, ironically at a CP of 911, last night. Super pumped by it! Soon enough, I shall be helping my Mystic brethren take over my campus. So far so good as they are holding down my area really well the last couple of days.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Oh hello Mystic club, I didn't see you here! Jumping on in if that's alright?

I joined mystic cause that's just what us in a group of friends decided to be, to all be on the same team. But I feel like the underdog here in Berlin, because there are so many Instinct and Valor players... Or at least gyms lol. Maybe us Mystic members are the ones with lives outside XD

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • Captured a gym for Mystic today, then two guys come over who are also playing Go. I ask them what team they are, they just take one look at the gym and they go "ew, blue?" A while later it's turned red. Typical Valor...

I took another gym in town as well, which lasted slightly longer than the first one. Valor is everywhere in town, but in my village Mystic are starting to come through. I saw Instinct capture a gym in the town centre just as I was finishing work - that is a rare sight around this area.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Got a 10k egg on my walk today, crossing my fingers for a Hitmonchan! I could not catch another Pokemon for the rest of my life as long as I have Hitmonchan :3

Back