• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Alola Starters - who will you choose?

Which starter will you choose?

• Rowlet

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • Popplio

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Litten

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • I noticed Popplio is now close to overtaking Litten on the poll, and I think Primarina was definitely the redemption that saved Popplio's fate where it was once viewed as the least chosen Alola starter.

Years
  • Probably worth noting that this poll was created sometime before the second and the third evos were officially confirmed, and I've noticed some people have changed their minds here and there, so what's being seen may not be truly reflective of how people actually feel.

Of course, given the reactions in this thread and what's shown in the poll, I think the difference will be mostly marginal if there was a new one.

Well, that understands it. Popplio was the most hated of the three based on first stage alone, while Rowlet was the most popular and seems to have stayed that way even with the entire lines now revealed whereas Popplio had to wait for its evo reveals to see the hate towards it dwindle significantly since it wasn't the clown people were dreading it to be. I feel Rowlet's already-huge fanbase got even bigger when Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina were first leaked on the concept art, while Popplio rose slightly and Litten slightly fell, likely based on Incineroar initially dreaded to be Fire/Fighting, along with Decidueye and Primarina's designs being more original and not used in Pokemon yet.

If a new poll were to be created now, I think the popularity rank for the Alola starters will be, based on the final evolutions - Rowlet > Popplio > Litten.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2019
    I was going to start off my play through of Moon with Litten, but I may choose Rowlet now since he has the ghost typing added to his final evolution. I am also getting Sun so Ill probably choose Popplio for my play through of it.

Illusionss

Banned
    Years
  • Which starter are you choosing?

I really can't decide. I usually always go with the fire starter, however I dislike the appearance of Litten's final evolution. I may just transfer two and have all three starters, lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    For the longest time I was thinking I was gonna be choosing Rowlet, but now I'm heavily considering Popplio because I'm really digging Primarina's design and typing. So I dunno yet

%

percent
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    For the longest time I was thinking I was gonna be choosing Rowlet, but now I'm heavily considering Popplio because I'm really digging Primarina's design and typing. So I dunno yet

same here. i liked rowlet, but i like primarina a lot more than any of the other final evolutions. i don't really like popplio and brionne but if i can get past them quick it's fine

Years
  • I'm choosing Popplio! Been siding with that cute sea lion since day one of the Alola starters and its evolution designs and concept have not let me down in any way.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • I'm not sure :( I'm stuck between all three. They're all so adorable! I'll vote in the poll when I get the game tomorrow, though. I'll see which one I choose when I actually get the game.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Everyone likes soft-resetting for females of the "feminine" starter. I'll just accept a male Popplio when I get my game tomorrow.

Can't say you're wrong. Did the same when I used Fennekin in X/Y. Some people don't care at all about gender. I mean, If Machamp and co can be female, I don't see why these couldn't be male.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    When I first saw the leaks, I didn't really like Decidueye or Incineroar at all, but I liked Primarina.

After the initial reveal, I like them much more. I still don't exactly like Incineroar, but I don't dislike it nearly as much, and after seeing it in game, I actually like Decidueye a lot more. Plus, I love Ghost-types.

However, I generally get the Water starter, and was planning on getting Popplio from the beginning, and that hasn't changed. I don't exactly love it - this is the first time I'v e never fell in love with the design of at least one starter - but it's my favorite of the three, and there's nothing wrong with it.

There's about 10 minutes until the release, and I'm seriously second guessing my choice. I've never been this unsure about my starter choice before.

I love Ghost-types, and I'm a big fan of the other two bird starters (Blaziken and Empoleon), plus I've actually never used a Grass-starter on my initial playthrough of a region. And it's generally easier for me to find a Water-type - in the sense that I like a lot more Water-types than Grass-types - than it would be for me to find a Grass-type, so I kind of want to go with Decidueye.

But then there's Primarina, and Popplio was the one I originally gravitated to when the starters were revealed, and I like Primarina's design, and I think it would probably be a better battler...

I don't know.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Rowlet. Even though I might replace it later on, it's the best one of the three. Decidueye is part Ghost, and has a nice signature move.

Back