• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event THE AMAZING PC RACE - WHO WILL BE CROWNED PC'S FIRST EVER "AMAZING DUO"?

d

The great part is she could have given her team a majority vote if she hadn't abstained, but now they don't have one and Chu will probably be on in a few hours. Sun and Moon will get the vote if another Pikachu doesn't post.

I should congratulate Brendino on his new orange...

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • The great part is she could have given her team a majority vote if she hadn't abstained, but now they don't have one and Chu will probably be on in a few hours. Sun and Moon will get the vote if another Pikachu doesn't post.

I should congratulate Brendino on his new orange...
    Why would I swim with the stream when I can be a badass and do the opposite?

Lol, let's see what Chu do.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Oh boy -_-!

BOARD MEETING #10 CURRENT VOTE COUNT

AmetsuCAT - 3 Votes (Snivy88, Linyit, CatBountieHunter)

Team Sparkling Pikachus, no majority yet. Its been almost two days now, so if there isn't a majority within a couple of hours or so, the Voting goes to Team Sun & Team Moon, & there might be more than one Elimination from ur Team.

Breaking News - Mr. Once-In-A-Blue-Moon, aka our very own Catman :P, has been noticed lurking around the Event Thread right now {D:}. So what brings u here, Kittenboy {XD}?

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Name: Faerydae
    Team name: Sparkling Pikachus
    Voting against: AmetsuCAT
    Q_Q'
    *Extremely hopes AmetsuCAT is chosen to return.

Years

• There's no rules saying we can't vote an abstention, unless Chu makes one up after the fact.

I am not pleased with how this challenge has gone. I don't think it was unfair in a way that is malicious. What the challenge reminds me of is a 300 level (calculus based) economics prelim I once took (A prelim at Cornell is any test that is not a final examination. They are usually given at night and take two to three hours.) The mean score was 30/100 points. The professor could have thrown the tests on the stairs and based their scores on where they landed to get the same results.

Also, the badgering to answer threads when we are two days before Thanksgiving in the United States is also getting to me. I want to voice my displeasure in a way that is meaningful and does not cause a flame war.

As for eliminations, I don't think Chu can do any worse of a job than we can do to ourselves. And if Chu does the eliminations, those who remain have the added advantage of knowing they did not vote off a team member due to this godawful challenge.

Last edited:

d

Well yeah the Thanksgiving thing is probably why he gave you so much time. We usually get less.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years

• There's no rules saying we can't vote an abstention, unless Chu makes one up after the fact.

I am not pleased with how this challenge has gone. I don't think it was unfair in a way that is malicious. What the challenge reminds me of is a 300 level (calculus based) economics prelim I once took (A prelim at Cornell is any test that is not a final examination. They are usually given at night and take two to three hours.) The mean score was 30/100 points. The professor could have thrown the tests on the stairs and based their scores on where they landed to get the same results.

Also, the badgering to answer threads when we are two days before Thanksgiving in the United States is also getting to me. I want to voice my displeasure in a way that is meaningful and does not cause a flame war.

As for eliminations, I don't think Chu can do any worse of a job than we can do to ourselves. And if Chu does the eliminations, those who remain have the added advantage of knowing they did not vote off a team member due to this godawful challenge.
    Yep, badass who knows what's up. I like you.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

Na its okay, I understand what u're trying to say & don't worry there won't be any flame wars.

See, Voting/Eliminations are part of the Event, as is explained on the OP, so unfortunately, even if u don't want to, it has to be done. This time, I can let this pass, but when u go solo, its gonna be individual votes, so every Vote matters & I'll have to be stricter, so if someone doesn't vote on time or abstains, it will have to be counted as a Self Vote, no other choice.

As for the Challenge, I think most people did like it. We have moved on from the initial stages, so challenges have to be more challenging. Easy challenges now will make the Event dull & I like keeping things interesting. But not all upcoming Challenges will be this cryptic, don't worry.

I've already explained on ur GC, I'll put it up again. There is a procedure Big Events have to go through, before they are passed. I wanted to have this on another section, but that did not materialize, so I had to shift it to this section. Also, there's a lot of planning/discussions that happens before the final draft of an Event is made. All that takes a lot of time.

Everybody here is from different parts of the world, but I'm also aware its Thanksgiving season in the U.S, so I did give u a lot of time, much more than I usually do, I mean its been two days.

See, I know everyone has rl stuff to take care of, but u will also have to understand that the Event cannot be stalled for too long, coz if someone makes a request (of course genuine ones will be addressed), others will too & I'll have to be fair to everybody. With a whole lot of u being on the Event, that is logically not possible. We have to keep moving on.

d

MizEileen makes a good point. I think it should be mentioned in the rules in the opening post that voting is mandatory and therefore choosing to abstain is a no-no.

Last edited:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • MizEileen makes a good point. I think it should be mentioned in the rules in the opening post that voting is mandatory and therefore choosing to abstain is a no-no.
    Okay I'll make it clearer in the OP.

So the voting ends here.

BOARD MEETING #10 FINAL VOTE COUNT

AmetsuCAT - 5 Votes (Snivy88, Linyit, CatBountieHunter, Faerydae, AmetsuCAT (self-Vote))

So AmetsuCAT gets eliminated. But don't worry, u will get a chance to make it back via the Wild Card Leg :).

Spoiler:
    And speaking of that, all those who are eligible, be ready, ur Wild Card Leg Challenge will be sent to u via PM, in about 11-12 hours from now. Only some of u will get the opportunity to make it back into the game, so best of luck everyone :).

Years

• Thanks for being so understanding, Chu.

In about an hour I catch a bus home and then eat something, gather up the frozen food, toiletries and the rest of the baggage, including books, papers, and flash drive (I might get lucky) and walk into town, take two trains to the Greyhound station, a Greyhound for eighteen hours, and arrive in New York City tomorrow afternoon. Then it's a commuter train to Westchester County to meet up with my mom. This resembles my most common nightmare when I am trying to get ready for a trip and can't leave for some reason.

Back