• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Years
OK.. Now that Ash, the main character since the beginning, has not won again.. I can honestly say that I hope the show cancels.. Worst idea ever to not have him win.

As Weedle said, the Kalos saga has been probably the worst-rated saga in Pokemon history, at least in Japan so it is making me feel worried if the eventual Alola saga will rate even worse. I just believe the writers have a thing against allowing Ash to win a league in a major region that appears in the games - he did win both Orange Islands and Battle Frontier but they were not considered "main" so they let those be exceptions.

Now I do hope Ash outright declares he doesn't want to be a Pokemon Master anymore since he feels his Pokemon are better than just chasing a title.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Have you all become completely blind to what you all suggested? Are you so pissed that you forgot that the anime isn't over again? Have you forgotten the opening?

Ash and Alaine will probably battle again. And the preview for the next episode seems to imply that there will be at least some sort of fight.

You can also blame the games for rushing to complete the anime because Sun and Moon is coming out in November.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
The only reason the anime has been getting low ratings is because of its age. With any TV show you'll find that as the show progresses through the years the ratings begin to bomb, but it's still popular. The XY series having low ratings has no impact on the quality of the show.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 17, 2017
Putting the Team Flare arc behind the league was a mistake in a way. With the way they set things up it was inevitable that Ash was going to lose (though it doesn't make it any less disappointing). But the anime isn't over jfc. The Team Flare, although the reason for his loss and the bad writing of the battle overall, looks really neat so I look forward to it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
OK.. Now that Ash, the main character since the beginning, has not won again.. I can honestly say that I hope the show cancels.. Worst idea ever to not have him win.

First off, absolutely not. Ash losing the league isn't gonna be the end of the anime. =/ It doesn't really matter to Ash if he won or lost the League. It's not the "worst idea ever" either.

Though, I do agree rushing the League was a very bad idea. All this focus on Team Flare is discouraging for me, but I hope it's better than the Pokemon League, at least. :|

Years
First off, absolutely not. Ash losing the league isn't gonna be the end of the anime. =/ It doesn't really matter to Ash if he won or lost the League. It's not the "worst idea ever" either.

Though, I do agree rushing the League was a very bad idea. All this focus on Team Flare is discouraging for me, but I hope it's better than the Pokemon League, at least. :|

I'm with you, if the league wasn't rushed and Alain didn't have such a cheap Mega it would have been better. Team Flare arc is looking good based on the next episode preview, and hopefully the Alola saga will be one that's worth watching since I felt the last "good" saga to me was Sinnoh.

Years
So, it appears the XY series has 10 episodes remaining and the episode that aired this week was the 132nd episode of the saga. That means XY will end with 142 episodes, which will have it tied with its predecessor Best Wishes for the shortest saga of the anime.

Original series ended at 274 episodes, Advanced Generation at 192, and Diamond & Pearl at 191. Very scary that the sagas in Pokemon are getting shorter.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Where are you guys reading there's only ten episodes left? That's a a pretty short arc, though. I'm wondering how they're gonna wrap up XYZ in just ten episodes... that seems kind of rushed, if you ask me.

Years
Where are you guys reading there's only ten episodes left? That's a a pretty short arc, though. I'm wondering how they're gonna wrap up XYZ in just ten episodes... that seems kind of rushed, if you ask me.

Remember that September is soon and that will mean only two months left before Sun & Moon's release and the official launch of 7th Gen.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Original series ended at 274 episodes, Advanced Generation at 192, and Diamond & Pearl at 191. Very scary that the sagas in Pokemon are getting shorter.

The length of the series are based on the games, nothing else. GameFreak has decided to release new games/gens quicker, so the anime has to follow suit. Both AG and DP would have been shorter too had the games come out faster.

Personally I would like Serena to stick around even if its unlikely, because as said she's only been around 3 years and it feels even shorter than that because she didn't get active until a year into XY...making it feel like she's only been around 2 years. That and she only has 3 pokemon, and she can get a customized new design for the next arc.

I feel like Serena needs another full arc to "redeem herself." She definitely doesn't feel nearly as complete a character arc as May and Dawn did when AG/DP ended.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
So, new topic.

So, three of the Elite Four members have appeared in the anime (well, Wikstrom has only appeared in the movies, but), do you guys think Drasna is going to appear, or do you feel it's unlikely at this point? I've been wondering when she'll appear, if at all... (maybe in an anime special with Iris or something? Unlikely, tbh, but.)

Years
It'll be very unlikely I'm afraid, like how I've now ruled out the possibility of Iris appearing.

But anyways, we have this to look forward to:
tumblr_inline_od6ldpJrtI1sx60a9_540.png

I believe it'll be the official preview trailer for the Sun & Moon series. It's very obvious by now since the games are getting closer and we want to see Ash's new outfit, and just a general idea of what will be happening.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ash other have said, the number of episodes is based on the length of the generation. It isn't based on anything else. The original saga was also based in 3 regions. If you split that up, that is 137 episodes. each, not taking in account of the orange islands.

So they have gotten longer.

Half of of the first 4 seasons were fillers. Kalos had far fewer filler episodes.

Also diamond and pearl had more than advanced by 1 episodes. We also have new writers which aren't making as many useless fillers and are actually making small arcs. Which is far better than being filled with fillers.

The announcement is almost definitely S/M Anime and probably a trailer for it.

Last edited:
Years
I also hope the Sun & Moon anime trailer will give us a glimpse of Ash's new traveling companions, to hopefully confirm if Mallow's appearance in the Alola starters' final evos art can finally have its speculation put to rest.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm pretty sure that this'll be a trailer for Sun/Moon, but I doubt it'll spoil too much. Don't be greedy, guys, aha. So... Sun/Moon anime confirmed? Sort of? I'm hoping that whoever Ash's companions end up being, they're not two trial captains, can we please avoid that? u_u

Years
I hope he doesn't get two trial captains for his Alola companions, because that will mean he catches all three starters again and that would mean only one of them will evolve, because with Kanto, Johto and Unova he caught all three starters and throughout that region's run only one evolved - Charizard, Bayleef and Pignite, although Quilava did happen come Sinnoh as well.

The concept art is suggesting Litten may be his only Alola starter to evolve if he gets all three, and I really don't want only his Fire starter evolving again.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I hope he doesn't get two trial captains for his Alola companions, because that will mean he catches all three starters again and that would mean only one of them will evolve, because with Kanto, Johto and Unova he caught all three starters and throughout that region's run only one evolved - Charizard, Bayleef and Pignite, although Quilava did happen come Sinnoh as well.

The concept art is suggesting Litten may be his only Alola starter to evolve if he gets all three, and I really don't want only his Fire starter evolving again.
He has had Grass starters evolving too though, and now also Water with Greninja. I don't think it would be a weird thing if they made the Fire starter evolve this time, although I'd prefer if he got one of each stage. One final, one middle and one not evolving at all.

Also hi lol I'm slooowly watching the XY anime these days. Can't wait to reach XYZ! I've heard it's pretty good.

Years
When it comes to starters owned by the main cast, any Fire-type starter will always evolve. So for the Alola saga I kinda doubt Litten (whether owned by Ash or a new companion) will stay in its base stage if that is an established tradition.

Years
The length of the series are based on the games, nothing else. GameFreak has decided to release new games/gens quicker, so the anime has to follow suit. Both AG and DP would have been shorter too had the games come out faster.

Personally I would like Serena to stick around even if its unlikely, because as said she's only been around 3 years and it feels even shorter than that because she didn't get active until a year into XY...making it feel like she's only been around 2 years. That and she only has 3 pokemon, and she can get a customized new design for the next arc.

I feel like Serena needs another full arc to "redeem herself." She definitely doesn't feel nearly as complete a character arc as May and Dawn did when AG/DP ended.

I'm playing Devil's advocate here since we know now that she's not staying, but even if she had stayed for another three years, I'm willing to bet everything I own that she'd still be handled poorly regardless (i.e. she'd mainly be used as shipping bait like she was in XY).

Back