• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: The Battle Tree - Where Strong Opponents Await!

blue

gucci
Years
  • The most recent trailer for Pokémon Sun & Moon has revealed the Battle Tree as a facility to face off against strong trainers who we may be familar with!

"Somewhere in the Alola region, you'll find the Battle Tree: a place where those Trainers who have completed their island challenge—or who are strong enough to have done so—battle one another. All of the Trainers you can encounter at the Battle Tree are strong. It seems you might even encounter two battle prodigies from the Kanto region..."

So far it has confirmed we will be able to battle Cynthia from the Sinnoh region, Wally from Hoenn, and Red and Blue from Kanto.

How do you feel about this news? Are there any other past characters you'd like to see return to this facility? Discuss away.

Check out the daily article here!

Last edited:

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
    Years
  • I hope it's similar to the world tourney and all former gym leaders, rivals, champs, and e4 members are eventually able to be battled. It looks promising for end game content so far though and I'm super excited. I wouldn't even mind if they split above said challengers between each version.

Years
  • Battle Tree confirmed to be PWT 2.0.

But seriously, this was unexpected because I thought we'd never get another PWT. But this also pleases the nostalgia fans who loved these strong trainers and it's awesome to see Red and Blue looking older as well.

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    THIS REVEAL WAS INTENSE, I loved everything about it, suddenly Red and Blue are hot, I wasn't really wanting them to appear but now that I've seen the redesign I love it.
    Also Cynthia is my fav champion so when they showed her first I was literally screaming, I can't wait to see which other characters are back!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Just finished up the article on this, it looks amazing! I love the idea of teaming up with powerful trainers after you defeat them. Red and Blue look super cool when they're older too - Red will take some getting used to but Blue is brilliant.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Battle Tree really caught me off guard when it was revealed, I meant, SERIOUSLY?! Battling and even teaming up with well-known battlers and Champion is like a dream come true for any Pokémon fans around! And I think I see some Pokémon World Tournament vibes in some sense...

Fingers crossed if I'm able to battle alongside/against Gym Leaders, Trial Captains and Kahunas there as well.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    omg please tell me that this is them bringing back PWT cuz that'd be fucking great

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Omg Im gona cry out of excitment. SO MUCH GOOD NEWS TODAY <3
    I wonder if we're actually able to face the Aloloian Elite four..

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Also lowkey hinting that we may be involved in the construction of the Pokémon League?! Very interesting that news on the Pokémon League is on the same page as news about the Battle Tree - wonder if the two would somehow be related. Build a League out of the very best trainers from across the world?!

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Just got scolded my Parents for screaming like a prepubescent fangirl...

Also, Cynthia Red and Blue FTW... YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

It looks like we're going to fight gyms and battling the pokemon League in the Post game this time...

Who said the leaks spoiled everything? Game freak still has a lot tricks up their sleeves XD

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    mega garchomp for cynthia confirmed
    Shouldn't Wally be older? Since Hoenn and Kanto's games takes place within the same timeframe, he can't be that much younger than Red and Blue. If Red and Blue are 20, then Wally should be around his late teens during SM.

Seeing as Cynthia's in the Battle Tree and it mentions famous trainers, that should of course mean Lance, Steven, Iris and Diantha should be available. Wallace and Alder are a possibility, but I doubt the latter will appear due to abdicating his position after BW. I'd like to see the protagonists too, but with mixed genders for diversity (Ethan, May, Dawn, Hilbert, Rosa, and Calem for example). If Wally and Blue are in, then perhaps the other rivals, so Silver, May/Brendan, Barry, Cheren/Bianca, Hugh, and maybe Shauna since she mentioned going to another region.

This goes without saying, but if most of the pre-gen V Gym Leaders were in the PWT, they should be in the Battle Tree. I'd love to see Roxie, Marlon, and the Kalos leaders added into the leader roster.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
  • I absolutely LOVE how Red kept to his old, silent self. Blue seems to have kept his personality so far, though perhaps a bit more mature. Wally looks like he willd end you if you're not careful. Jury is out on Cynthia, though I'm guessing she'll be pretty much the same.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    As someone who beat White 2 and then never returned to the post game, I am filled with regret. Hopefully the Battle Tree will get rid of those regrets real quickly.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Age did not do Red any favors.

I hope they grab all the characters from gen 6, even the ones who didn't have "large-scale" models. Cynthia's appearance = gen 4 remakes 120% confirmed. I hope we get gen 5(!!!) and gen 2 characters here, too.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I reaally want to see Zinnia return, she's one of my all time favourite past characters! Another thing I'd love to see is remixed battle themes, I'm hoping each trainer gets their own theme rather than the generic trainer battle.

Years
  • OMG I KNEW THEY WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS

I'm honestly so excited this is so perfect and Red doesn't talk and omg *fanboys*

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Red looks like he's stuck up and doesn't want to be here. And what's up with Blue's pants?

(That said, it's cool that they're in the game).

Back