• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The best flag?

Years
    Ever notice the flags of different countries? Which nation do you like the flag of the most?

I personally have always liked Bhutan's, because it's a dragon. It isn't the only dragon flag, but I think it is the coolest one. It's a sleek eastern dragon, and in it's claws this benevolent being can be seen holding jewels!

Mexico's flag also looks quite majestic with the eagle perched on the cactus and the serpent. These are definitely two favorites.

I decided to Google the flags of different countries, and refresh my memory on the details of some, and check out what others look like for the first time. I added Albania's flag to my favorite list after doing so. Red with a black double-headed eagle? Heck yeah! The double eagle appears in multiple flags, but I like the starkness of the way it is presented in the design here the most.

My #1 pick though has now got be
    Papau New Guinea. It's beautiful, stars and a bird of paradise.

Take a look at different flags of the world. Which ones do you enjoy?

https://flagpedia.net/index

If there's a flag for a state/province/territory that you like, you can give that some love too. The bear flag of California is one I have never forgotten since living there. I'll give it a nod.

Last edited:

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I like Canada's flag cos I find the maple leaf being on it funny, it's the sort of flag I'd design for them as a joke and I respect that

Also I love the little square one Switzerland has

Years
    Bhutan's is awesome. Some of them have really intricate designs but Afghanistan nails it pretty well. The simple flower on Hong Kong's is good as well.
    No idea what the fuck is up with the Isle of Man but that is nightmare inducing.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hong Kong is gorgeous. Some kind of flower. Very pretty.
    The Isle of Man flag is hilarious. Looks like an enemy I saw in a video game once.
    Martinique is cool, kinda reminds me of Slytherin lmao
    Mayotte is really pretty. Gotta appreciate the underappreciated seahorse.
    The Ugandan flag has a freakin roadrunner chicken thing on it- okay that's apparently a crane and I would've never guessed that.
    The Wales flag has an awesome dragon on it. I mean c'mon.

But my favorite flag is the Japanese one. It represents the rising sun and is really simplistic but beautiful. Also I'm a weeb. Sue me.

Isle of Man's flag is great!

The best flag?

Amusing to me to see three feet attached to each other regardless of the backstory haha.

Years
    Flags are great if they're simple. +1 to Japan, it takes that to the extremes and I love it for that~

Years
    In no particular order:

I've always loved the Japanese, Canadian, and Swiss flags... I sense a strong theme here ;)

I also love Croatia, South Korea, Austria, Hong Kong, Bhutan, Macau & Ukraine. Nauru is also a really cool design with the line depicting the equator and star the location of the country! USA is obviously iconic too.

Tbh I may have missed some of my favourites and also there's something nice in just about all flags!

Years
    I think I like the Canada flag the most. Although I doubt because I also think the flag of Australia is very beautiful.

Years
    In no particular order:

I've always loved the Japanese, Canadian, and Swiss flags... I sense a strong theme here ;)

I also love Croatia, South Korea, Austria, Hong Kong, Bhutan, Macau & Ukraine. Nauru is also a really cool design with the line depicting the equator and star the location of the country! USA is obviously iconic too.

Tbh I may have missed some of my favourites and also there's something nice in just about all flags!

I knew I'd miss my favourites out...

I have always loved Estonia's flag too. The colours just work for me and the meaning behind them makes it even more special!

papper

pikachu clone
    Years
    I like argentina's flag, it's not super overdesigned and I think the blue looks pretty nice with the sun's yellow!

Years
    • Age 25
    • He/Him | It/Its
    • Chile
    • Seen Mar 12, 2023
    Argentinian here! I love Argentina's flag cause pastel blue lol
    I live in Chile now and i don't care much for the flag here. Reminds me of the old polandball memes of USA calling Chile "Texas". Funny but in bad taste

Back