• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • In some cases that isn't true (that sand stream pokemon hurt the team). I run CBtar, and it doesn't really bother the likes of Salamence and Articuno.

Also, DDtar isn't even supposed to come into the battle until the end for a late-game sweep.

Since a lot (I'd say a good 40%) of teams have some weather thing going on, you might as well not restrict yourself. Or that's the way I see it (especially since TTar is the best physical attacker in the game to some).

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • I agree with Midnight. If an opposing user has Sandstorm, sure, but our team does not benifit for it. It ruins lefties, & it hurts nape (& Gen) if they are running Sash.

Also, I'd really like to ask that we not bring up the names of Any legendary canidates for this team. Countering them is fine, but to respect the threadmaker's wishes, we won't even consider using them. Besides, I'd like to see this team made.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    We weren't using legendaries iirc either, Waker. >_> What would be the set for this Starmie?

There are two

Starmie@Leftovers
    172 HP / 120 SP.ATT / 216 SPEED
    Timid Nature
    Trait : Natural Cure
    - Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Recover
    - Rapid Spin

This should NOT be used for sweeping but only for Spinning, by that i mean dont let its 100 base sp.att, amazing special movepool and the "special attacker aura" therefore associated with it fool you.

Starmie@Wise Glasses / Life Orb / Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    252 SP.ATT / 216 SPEED / 40 HP
    Trait: Natural Cure
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Surf
    - Rapid Spin

Ive run this, its not as bulky as the other set but it sweeps and Rapid Spin is there if you need it. its a sort of hybrid spinner and sweeper, a compromise between the two sets.

216 Speed evs allow both sets to outrun max speed Timid Gengar.

Its up to you which set we use, first one is bulky whilst the second move has more power and better coverage, but wont last as long as the first set, as the second set lacks Recover.

Last edited:

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    zomg Is this still going? -.-

To be honest I am not going ot read though the last 30+ or w/e pages of post. Can someone update plox.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Here's my rant.

We can't force the team to counter on threat such as Sandstorm. I mean not everyone runs a Pokemon capable of activating Sandstorm on their team.

We lack a a Water/Ice move period so Starmie is up for a lot of consideration. She is the best rapid spinner but we don't have to make her so. Element of suprise right there.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • Well I think if we use Starmie, we can have a spinner and two ice moves.(Dnphan has Ice Shard Punishment too, oh hey you probably don't remember me, I was a newb last time I saw you post around here, plus my username was The Chatot Pirate). And Donphan can Haze.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I'm in support of making Star an all-out sweeper and leaving spinning to the likes of Donphan.

I think that a SpecsStar would be of benefit.

EDIT: For a reliable special attacker basically, and hurts potential switch-ins HARD.

Eos Aduro

Years
  • Hmmm, that looks good, so

Starmie-Choice Specs
    Timid-252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 HP
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Surf
    Grass Knot

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm in support of making Star an all-out sweeper and leaving spinning to the likes of Donphan.

I think that a SpecsStar would be of benefit.

EDIT: For a reliable special attacker basically, and hurts potential switch-ins HARD.

We might aswell make starmie a spinner, as that frees up a slot for Donphan to phaze,

Eos Aduro

Years
  • Yeah, well looking at the team do we really need a Phazer? Its a Phazer, or a scary powerfull Starmie.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    I prefer Donphan to have Knock Off. Disabling hold items really dents your opponents strategy.

-Knock Off
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Rapid Spin

Death_Machine

Metal Addict
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    omg! I've finnally read the 77 pages of this thread!
    well I'm going to enter this conversation (as I won't like to have spent all that time reading for nothing) and i think this team doesn't have a 'nape weakness cuz with Gengar we could switch in on fighting move and use psychic on it

Gengar @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 78 HP/240 Spd/192 SAtk (i'm not good with EVs, I guess som1 could correct me) just enough to outrun a max speed timid nape
    Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Destiny Bond
    - Substitute
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt

Destiny Bond is for a random threat on the team (every ultimate team should have one) and with gengar's speed it's awesome. thunderbolt for starmie and substitute for stalling puposes and luring Destiny. as you see it is MADE for this team.

just a thought but... Weezing could do a lot of good on this team: it is an awesome hera counter, an very good Wall (mediocre HP though) and a good Hazer. Plus it has a status inflicting move (will-o-wisp anyone?) that this team lacks:

Weezing @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/86 SAtk/172 Def
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Haze
    - Pain Split
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Will-o-wisp

Last edited:

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Considering I don't really wish to read 77 pages worth of text, can someone please give me the short version? (i.e. Pokemon used, current threats etc.?)

~T_S

Eos Aduro

Years
  • We're discussing walls for the team that are a Heracross Counter currently, and Starmie for a spinner while being a special attacker, and Donphan as a Phazer, or Starmie as being a full on special sweeper and leaving Donphan as a spinner, or even replacing Gengar with Starmie. Also if you didn't understand that then you need to learn more before trying to help. No offense but Im kind of tired of people not knowing what they're talking about disrupting the thread.

And Weezing is actually an interesting idea, but he can fall to a CBcross. Gliscor looks good to me. He's a hera counter, he helps deal with Sandstorm teams, and Infernape ats up a lot of ice users. Especially wiht U-Turn, don't know it, its more impressive than lots of people think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back