• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The best rival

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I kinda always liked Silver and Cheren and Bianca a little more than the other characters usually considered rivals

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Silver is definitely my favourite. I really liked how he pushed you to become stronger, similar to Blue, but that he was a more three-dimensional character especially with his ties to Team Rocket, as well as eventually realising that his means of training Pokemon was wrong and thus eventually mellows out over the course of the game.

Years
  • Cheren and Bianca were always fun to interact with. I feel like they are the most flashed out rivals.

And I also like Hau. He might feels annoying, because he keeps interrupting your adventure, but I like his internal struggle with who he wants to be. The final battle against him in Ultra versions are peak of modern Pokémon.

Days
  • May and Brendan are great because they are powerful rivals keeping you on track, but also incredibly helpful because that's just their nature. I especially love how they contrast with Wally, as they are like your equal while Wally falls behind.

Years
  • Barry is my fav, because he is funny and I don't find him annoying. Being quite a silent and introverted person irl, I had many friends like Barry lol, so it kind of resonates with an actual friend I would have, I guess. I like his design, love his battle theme and honestly, a little bit like Nemona, the fact that he's always so frenetic and energetic, justifies him wanting to battle so frequently with us. Also has a nice story going on, with the lost pride when he's defeated by Jupiter and taking revenge by helping us at the Spear Pillar and then trying to beat his dad.

On the other hand, I found Hau very annoying.

Back