• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race [Part 2]

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I'm not fond of Pineco either. It seems to love using Selfdestruct, and it doesn't look as good as Geodude or Koffing.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Oh, here's another reason to kill it: pine cones are part of a plant, right? So why the heck is it a bug type? Yep, as good as dead indeed.

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

It's a pure Bug type. And prior to generation 4, it only learnt Normal typed moves by level! There it goes.

Years

Pineco is based on a bagworm, Lycan. Its pinecone appearance helps protect it from predators.

Anyways, Forretress time.

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I hate Selfdestruct and Explosion too. I hate it when a wild Pokemon uses it, I hate it when a trainer's Pokemon uses it, and I never teach it to my own Pokemon.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

Ehhhhh, the only real exposure to Forretress I had is Brock's, and he never used it for anything. I think we can just let that one go and nothing of value will be lost, especially since there's a much better Bug/Steel type in the same generation anyway.

Years

I always viewed Forretress as one of Brock's more boring Pokemon. It was his only Pokemon that he brought with him to Hoenn though.

Back