• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Club Lounge~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Okay, I'm thinking of starting up a Nintendo 3DS club. But, it kinda gets me thinking if it borderlines the Video Games forum or if the topic is too narrow. I could always make it a general Nintendo club but then we have the Game Boy Fanboy Club, and its universe is too broad :x ;;

Sometimes thinking up of clubs that would make a big appeal to everyone is hard :/

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Okay, I'm thinking of starting up a Nintendo 3DS club. But, it kinda gets me thinking if it borderlines the Video Games forum or if the topic is too narrow. I could always make it a general Nintendo club but then we have the Game Boy Fanboy Club, and its universe is too broad :x ;;

Sometimes thinking up of clubs that would make a big appeal to everyone is hard :/

Lol i agree u never know what people would go for :)
Id join a 3ds Fanclub maybe u could open it up to wii u aswell? That would make it a little more broad and a little less than all of Nintendo.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I might make a Monstercat fanclub. It has a ton of different types of music so everybody could probably find a few tracks they like. Only prob is i don't really follow any news lol.

Oh and Hollywood Undead fanclub, cause i love HU and i actually follow their news <3

How much do you know about Monstercat? It's not required to "follow the news" if you want to create a club about it.

Lol i agree u never know what people would go for :)
Id join a 3ds Fanclub maybe u could open it up to wii u aswell? That would make it a little more broad and a little less than all of Nintendo.

Let Doctor Professor Patrick Axy explain her expertise on video game clubs.

The main reasons why I allowed the Game Boy club (and the PlayStation club back a couple months ago, ran by user Zorogami), was because there was 1. enthusiasm, 2. topics already planned in advance, 3. amount of fans in fanbase. Video Game console clubs are okay subjects here as long as discussion about the games within that console is at a minimum and we do not want them to dominate. The PlayStation club was a perfect example.

So, yes, Nintendo in general is super broad. We have the consoles, the games, the franchises within them (and each franchise, like Mario and Square Enix), are more worthy of a club themselves. It does not really borderline with the VG forum because you are always protected by sign-up requirements (which is why I almost always require it whenever I approve clubs!), clubs also protect fandomers from the outside world, so that way there is always a safe environment to discuss your particular club subjects.

Salzorrah

Years
Well, I might try to get some topics ready for it, and formulate a plan of attack for it before I submit it to Megan haha :3 But if I did create a club for the 3DS, would anyone join in?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
If it's got news for the 3ds, especially for the new one coming soon(ish), then I will join. <3

Man, it's been a while since I made a club myself (last one was the Music Listeners...gonna post a topic soon :D) one of my resolutions is to make bigger and better clubs that pertain to current fandom interests. Anyone else got any "FC&G" club resolutions? Share!

Salzorrah

Years
Anyone else got any "FC&G" club resolutions? Share!

Uhm, the main one would me being active in said forum. I wanna try to make a club that would really be successful. I did that with the PC Fanclub, but then I wanted to leave PC, so I gave it to Ashley, and 6 days later I returned because of the ORAS announcement =-= Tbh a big regret yet not haha x3

Also, I want to really branch out to other clubs because the only club I'm consistent with, is the Homestuck Club :3

Aaaand I also want to contribute to the section a bit more. I'm planning to donate some CSS templates as well x3

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Hello!!

If you are new to club making and need help setting up a club, you can ask here.
→Got an idea for a club but don't know how to shoot it off? No worries! We can help you here.

I want to have a Harvest Moon fan club, if some people are interested :)
But... I don't really know how I can do that?? (you know, making a good active club)

I might make a Monstercat fanclub. It has a ton of different types of music so everybody could probably find a few tracks they like. Only prob is i don't really follow any news lol.

I will totally join it !! (and I do follow the news a little bit lol. A monstercat fan here!!)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Club Lounge is now a section DCC! Finally added that prefix so that way we can boost some activity for this thread alone. Hate to see it die for weeks.

I was wondering though...would anyone like to see a coffee lovers club? I am literally a coffee connoseuse (sp?), I'd love to teach people the wonders of coffee.

I want to have a Harvest Moon fan club, if some people are interested :)
But... I don't really know how I can do that?? (you know, making a good active club)

There's a teeny section in the rules guide that explains how to make a club active. Basically, you just gotta be on top of it. Make new discussions, respond to members, advertise on your signature, etc! It does take a bit of work to get it out there, which is why there is always an option to get a co-owner to help out if you feel being a lone owner is hard enough.

Salzorrah

Years
I was wondering though...would anyone like to see a coffee lovers club? I am literally a coffee connoseuse (sp?), I'd love to teach people the wonders of coffee.

I might not be a coffee lover per se, but I think it's a nice idea! I don't know if anyone else wants it haha x3

Btw, I'm set on starting up a Taylor Swift Fan Club! I know there are a lot of you Swifties out there, dont deny it ;3 Would anyone want to join tho?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Drinking coffee has giving me such interest. Like, I know which roasts are awesome and what flavors are popular to people. I'll probably end up giving that a try. *sips on cup of coffee*

I'm reviving the Animal Lovers Association, it died a few months ago.

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
Years
Would anybody be up for a Monster Hunter club? 4 is out (soon) with its fancy wi-fi shenanigans, so it could be a platform for partying up, or just chatting about the last thing that maimed you horribly.

I won't be setting it up for a little while (life seems to be conspiring against my internet use at the moment), but it would be good to know if it would fly like a Wyvern or crash like a... er... Crashing thing.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Late response, but since the new Monster Hunter game is coming out next week (I think?!), it would probably make sense to make one asap! I lost my demo code that I got from the email. I'm regretting deleting it. fml.

I have a question that is more uhh...club related? I'm in a crave for more clubs, I got a few templates ready to go but I don't know what to make. What's everyone into nowadays? What do YOU want to see here?

I had an idea, since Animal Lovers was a bit more anticipated than I thought, how about I start a club for people (like me) love to go shopping? I could go beyond narrow.

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
Years
Late response, but since the new Monster Hunter game is coming out next week (I think?!), it would probably make sense to make one asap! I lost my demo code that I got from the email. I'm regretting deleting it. fml.

Yeah, the 13th, I think it comes out. Darn, time to choose between video games and food again.I'm kidding - food always wins Didn't even manage to get the demo of the game this time around :/ Wow. I am really not on top of things right now XP

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Would anyone be interested in a kingdom hearts thread? Or another RWBY thread?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Would anyone be interested in a kingdom hearts thread? Or another RWBY thread?

If you're looking for a Kingdom Hearts thread come and join the Final Fantasy Fan Club, it covers all things Square related which includes Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, The World Ends With you , Bravely Default and anything else with the Square Enix/Squaresoft name slapped onto it. The Final Fantasy Fan Club just sounds better than The Square Club. No?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
If you're looking for a Kingdom Hearts thread come and join the Final Fantasy Fan Club, it covers all things Square related which includes Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, The World Ends With you , Bravely Default and anything else with the Square Enix/Squaresoft name slapped onto it. The Final Fantasy Fan Club just sounds better than The Square Club. No?

Well, if you're gonna talk about other Square Enix games in the Final Fantasy Club, you're risking the club going off-topic way too frequently. A long time ago, I remember one of the older club mods made a general Square Enix fan club that was pretty active, and it covered the majority of the games. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts as standalone clubs can really work since both franchises are still popular among members and around the fandom nowadays.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Well, if you're gonna talk about other Square Enix games in the Final Fantasy Club, you're risking the club going off-topic way too frequently. A long time ago, I remember one of the older club mods made a general Square Enix fan club that was pretty active, and it covered the majority of the games. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts as standalone clubs can really work since both franchises are still popular among members and around the fandom nowadays.

So far it's been working out fine, the topics have been generalized enough that people who like FF, KH, or any of the other games have had an opportunity to be able to input on them. It probably also helps that the club isn't the most active. I mean, I could always make a separate club for KH but then I'd be real tempted to make several other clubs for all of the other popular Square games that would just clutter up the forum and then be forgotten. Or I could just rename the thread to better represent it as a more generalized club, which is what I've been thinking about doing since activity has been down. I just haven't been able to think of a name that didn't sound overly dumb.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
We talk about all of mspaintadventures.com in the Homestuck fanclub. Granted, the step from HS to PS (another webcomic there) isn't too big so it's not bothersome. I can see how it would be different with a big thing such as Square Enix 8)

Also Megaaaan the splash banner is missing a background pic. Or is it just not loading for me?

*bumping my clubs, check them out from my signature, yes yes!*

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
MLP Season 5 is starting in a month now, and I canNOT wait. Posting news in MLP fan club. Head on over if you like!

So far it's been working out fine, the topics have been generalized enough that people who like FF, KH, or any of the other games have had an opportunity to be able to input on them. It probably also helps that the club isn't the most active. I mean, I could always make a separate club for KH but then I'd be real tempted to make several other clubs for all of the other popular Square games that would just clutter up the forum and then be forgotten. Or I could just rename the thread to better represent it as a more generalized club, which is what I've been thinking about doing since activity has been down. I just haven't been able to think of a name that didn't sound overly dumb.

The better way to do this is to close the FF fan club, and remake a generalized Square Enix club. Tell your members to move to that club in order to continue discussion. That way you can start fresh, with new discussions, and possibly bring in new members too. Here's the club for reference if you would like to see.

Having to simply rename the FF club would just get everything too cluttered and confuse peeps who may be dedicated to the club. Making a new one is the way to go.

Also Megaaaan the splash banner is missing a background pic. Or is it just not loading for me?

It's loading pretty slowly on my end, too. I'll see what I can do. Might have to find an image that isn't too big in terms of size. Thanks for letting me know~

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
to be honest i wonder if Square Enix isn't too large a subject to put in a single club. i myself am a big Square Enix fan, but i've only played games such as Final Fantasy Tactics and Crystal Chronicles, Bravely Default and a few from the Mana series. so i wouldn't join a club like that cause i know the main conversation will only be about the main Final Fantasy series and larger franchises like Kingdom Hearts.

not to sound bitter or something, lol. i just think the Final Fantasy main series and Kingdom Hearts are better off as separate clubs ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back