• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Count To Infinity - v12

Years
243 163.

What sometimes annoys me in the newer games is their insistence on going through every message that applies to a fight/move even when they're redundant.
Like my Baxcalibur was knocking out opponents with a single Icicle Spear hit... but hey, gotta display that 'hit x times' message, ya know? Clearly I can't count or see it go down in one hit :rolleyes:

Days
243 164

but hey, gotta display that 'hit x times' message
And if it's super-effective or vice versa, we also get the message that the move is super-effective/not-effective for each hit !! And this is happening from the generation of Bullet Seed.

We should say that Normal type is not yet super-effective, otherwise Maushold holding Loaded Dice and using Population Bomb would have been very long !

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
243 166

A lot of the slow-ness could be avoided if things happened simultaneously. Like, a move that deals damage and also gives a status condition should do both at the same time. And not first the damage animation+message and then afterwards the status condition animation+message.

Also, if you switch out in SV the game always waits for another animation cycle of the opposing Pokemon, for some odd reason?

Days
Lots of RPG's have options to speed up battles.
Especially for this reason, I had played all the official games on my Desktop; using DeSmuMe for NDS era, VisualBoyAdvance for GBA games, and Citra for 3DS. Didn't managed to play switch games because my PC was not strong enough to run that much graphics.

We can control the frameskip to speed up the things, but then music also gets bad, and in 3DS and NDS, the frameskip is only possible by value of 10.

243 168

Days
243 172

which turned me off from trying any more fangames.
I guess you took the wrong game; try playing Pokemon Reborn and then say if you managed to finish the game easily !
I was playing this game from the time when it was still in development, but only managed to finish it during lockdown, though major reason was that I was kid when the game was in development and I was still learning Pokemon battle skills at basic level....

I can't play on handheld system because NDS, GBA and 3DS are now outdated, whereas Switch is expensive as I need to import it from somewhere, hence the emulations are my way to go, and also I could play the other outdated games which people don't know much about using them.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
243 173
Especially for this reason, I had played all the official games on my Desktop; using DeSmuMe for NDS era, VisualBoyAdvance for GBA games, and Citra for 3DS. Didn't managed to play switch games because my PC was not strong enough to run that much graphics.
I've played Platinum on DeSmuMe but apparently that's like the worst emulator you can play DS Pokemon on? At least I've heart the dev really hates Pokemon and does not care to make those run better on it.

For my general purpose emulation stuff I just use mednafen. It covers all the old consoles and since it's a command line tool I can even write scripts around it.

I tried out Retroarch in the past. But that thing is just way too bloated. <_<

Days
243 175

I will get Sw/Sh, S/V once they will be old and expired, so that I will be able to play them on PC Desktop. And till that time, I am happy with Pokemon GO, as it is cross generational game and I can catch Pokemon across all generations in it.

t Retroarch
So much confusing to use; it uses original Citra, DeSmuME backend, but offers it's own frontend !! And was so much tough to configure that I gave up from it settled on Citra instead. You know, we can even perform QR code scan of Alola via Citra ?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
243 176
So much confusing to use; it uses original Citra, DeSmuME backend, but offers it's own frontend !! And was so much tough to configure that I gave up from it settled on Citra instead. You know, we can even perform QR code scan of Alola via Citra ?
You can use whichever core suits you in retroarch. I think they even have a mednafen one there. What annoyed me about retroarch is that you have to use the frontend which is clearly not made for regular PCs.

Never used Citra, either. But my laptop can't even handle PS2 games that well. Which is a shame, because that't the only way I could play all the Xenosaga games. <_<

Years
243 177

78383c3014796bd71f9b706ddc819490d0a24cd5.gif

Back