• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    My brother uses the old bunny ears antenna with his set-top box... XD

Ironically it works fine.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    We never had an antenna anyway, but TV guide left us. :x So we got Direct TV. XD
    It's very pleasant. :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    It's probably an old analogue cable service? We're getting a similar thing over here, so everyone's forced to buy a digital set-top box by 2011.
    I actually think it's 2009, unless they changed it.

I'm surprised them old antennas work - just last week we had to have our old one up on the roof replaced so we could get HD television.

Tater Tot

Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I feel like the only one that doesn't have HD. XD

Yeah, I thought it was 2009.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    That's..unfortunate, Sam. o_o;

I actually haven't really found out much about the Comcast/HD TV thing, aside from it stops TVs using antennas from working or some sort of deal. Unless I'm wrong. XD;

I probably am, but I know California had some props out to get it to stop. :x

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    You can't come into the DCC asking what the topic is.
    Read Other Chat Rules or risk the chance of being infracted.

Anywho, on the topic of TV's....my own TV in my room isn't digital, it's just a small cute TV. I don't have the money to replace it! ;;

Obito.

Uh huh
    Years
    i didnt ask wat the topic was, if i wanted to know that i would have read ttrhough it but i just shut up next time

and on the topic of TVs =D mine sucks

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Most TVs are going out on February 19, 2009. I have digital so I have nothing to worry about. I wonder why they did that though. o.o'

Tater Tot

Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I know, it's a television. What's the matter with having an Antenna? Is 2009 too modern?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I feel uncomfortable when the word rules is mentioned… it makes me feel belittled and makes me feel I have to be unified Dx
    My digital TV needs an aerial I think Oo'' But I just use my computer as a TV anyway xD

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Obviously because companies want you, the consumer, to go and buy their $4,000 television sets for the same thing you had before.

It's all about the money, usually. Why do companies make sequels to games? The money~

I'm pretty sure that this TV-outage will cause a lot of issues.

Tater Tot

Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Obviously because companies want you, the consumer, to go and buy their $4,000 television sets for the same thing you had before.

It's all about the money, usually. Why do companies make sequels to games? The money~

I'm pretty sure that this TV-outage will cause a lot of issues.
    You bet it will. At least I'm out of the mess.

And I feel terrible for anyone who loves Television, but doesn't have the money to buy a brand new one.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Yeah well, there is the government coupon thing that's like, 25% off a converter box, to convert the digital signal down to... analog, or whatever it is now. So, that should help lots of people, but you're right. There will still be some who can't afford it D:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I've got basic cable right now and they keep showing these commercials that are basically saying that by sticking with cable you don't need to get any converter box or a new tv at all. but It really doesn't matter to me if my tv goes out of service. I'll just cancel my cable subscription if that happens. no biggie. I prefer dvds myself anyhow.

Tater Tot

Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    And Video games. XD

But I would want TV, I have to have mah favorite TV shows~ XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back