• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Hey, to those with MSN, who likes those Pyong Emotes?
    I like the Pyong emotes. :D

However, I've since gone off them in favour of using deviantART's plz account avatars since they display a wider array of emotions, many of which are humourous (used as emotes on the site, and being 50x50 they're the right size for MSN). Many of these are yellow faces like this:
    The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Ashen

※ あなたを…
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    Makes me glad that I use an all-in-one client so I don't have to worry about all those. It's really annoying when people have those custom ones that change the vertical spacing of the lines...

Also, sometimes I hate college schoolwork, especially since, if you get behind, it's practically impossible to catch back up. It doesn't help that I didn't have Saturdays for a good long while because of marching band. Ugh... I hate being so amotivational about my schoolwork.

Ayesha

惚け
    Years
  • Wow this thread is old. Pretty much we will have a new one in about one month and a half! xD And so, my birthday is also inching closer. =3 I'm very anxious.

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
  • Birthdays are always fun, even if you don't get tonnes of presents. =3

I remember a couple of days before my birthday, my mum took me out for a birthday treat to May Sums, and all you can eat Chinese restaurant ~^_^~

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Birthdays used to be a lot more fun when you had big parties and all your friends came. When you're older it's just like "Meh, happy birthday, here's some money" XD

Hmm....Last year I think I just had a small party with my closer friends. The year before that was fun though and a lot more people came. But usually my birthdays don't feel any different from any other day =/

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • I love my birthdays, I always do something fun with my family and friends, I even take two days, one with my friends, and other with my family:D

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    I've never had a party in about 8 years. I just go out with my friends for a nice lunch or dinner, lol.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Birthdays are great when you're young. Your parents let you have a party and spoil you for the day. When you grow out of the cute and cuddly age, birthdays are basically the same as most other days of the year, with the exception of the fact that you're handed money by relations and close friends.

Well, that's my experience of them, anyway.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've never had a party in about 8 years. I just go out with my friends for a nice lunch or dinner, lol.
    I too don't have parties on my birthdays anymore... or this year (WHEN I TURNED 18) I was on a festival... and the day after, I did go to a party... but that's different. It wasn't a party that I organised. Not really MY party.

Birthdays are great when you're young. Your parents let you have a party and spoil you for the day. When you grow out of the cute and cuddly age, birthdays are basically the same as most other days of the year, with the exception of the fact that you're handed money by relations and close friends.

Well, that's my experience of them, anyway.
    True. The sad truth is that I don't really care about getting spoiled with presents and attention anymore. Give me the money and let me go out and hang with some friends as usual, thankyou :/

Though this year I DID get a car... *_*

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • I too don't have parties on my birthdays anymore... or this year (WHEN I TURNED 18) I was on a festival... and the day after, I did go to a party... but that's different. It wasn't a party that I organised. Not really MY party.

True. The sad truth is that I don't really care about getting spoiled with presents and attention anymore. Give me the money and let me go out and hang with some friends as usual, thankyou :/

Though this year I DID get a car... *_*

If I were you I had planned the party that was the next day and made it my own:D.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Lol, the only year I've ever missed having a birthday party was when I was 13 and didn't know/like anyone here, ahaha. Then I almost didn't have one this year but my friends threw me a surprise party. Then again, our parties are just us hanging out, so it's nothing crazy big or special. Just fun.

But yeah, for the most part birthdays are just like any other day for me--except I guilt my family into doing my chores for me. :P

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • The best part about birthdays nowadays is just chilling with your friends. I mean, yeah you could do that any day, but in some ways it's better than an elaborate party with too many people. Just give me pizza, soda, movies, video games and my best friends and you definitely have a party =P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If I were you I had planned the party that was the next day and made it my own:D.
    Well, I did make myself the brightest star that night ;D Oh the memories of my first night out at the clubs... They'll probably never come back to me xD

Lol, the only year I've ever missed having a birthday party was when I was 13 and didn't know/like anyone here, ahaha. Then I almost didn't have one this year but my friends threw me a surprise party. Then again, our parties are just us hanging out, so it's nothing crazy big or special. Just fun.

But yeah, for the most part birthdays are just like any other day for me--except I guilt my family into doing my chores for me. :P
    I'd want a surprise party, but I doubt anyone would make the effort of throwing me one. I'm in a lazy group of people, though it normally suits me fine ;) If we do something on somebody's birthday it's mostly having dinner and then maybe, if it's a suitable day, we go out and buy the b-day child a drink... or two ^^

But it's different when it's a guy friend. For some reason, they all want to party hard the night of their b-day and feel bad as hell the morning after O.o" Am I in bad company?

Hahaha, of course, in my family there's a (more or less O_o) unwritten rule that the b-day child doesn't have to do anything like that in that day. Tiz nice. For the b-day child xD

Ashen

※ あなたを…
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    I remember for my 18th birthday, I asked for a surprise party because I had never had one before. It didn't exactly work... but it was still awesome fun. Some people came who I never thought would. But again, they're usually the best when you're younger and easier to buy stuff for. When you get older, usually your stuff gets either more obscure, more specific, or more expensive – usually combinations of all of them. It happens with Christmas too.

In other news, I effing slept through all my classes. ... again. It's the only day of class for this week with those classes; I feel completely, you know, pissed off at myself.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Aiyh, I know the feeling.

Every Wednesday morning I am supposed to go to a Math tutorial from 8:30-9:30 AM to write a quiz. But last week I woke up at 9 AM, making it impossible for me to make it. I was so annoyed at myself. >>

Though I've also managed to fall asleep during class, on two occasions. XDD The first was in English, and the second in Computer Science. Both instances were the result of me being super-bored, with the latter also because I was super-sleepy. XD

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • All my classes are in the afternoon except for chem lab wednesday morning, so I can get lots of rest =]

Although next semester I didn't get so lucky. I have 4 morning classes, 2 being at 8:30, every week. On the bright side, I'm not doubling up on the sciences ^_^

Ashen

※ あなたを…
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    Well, the thing is, my classes started at 11am. That's pretty late, to be honest. And yet I still slept through everything. Next semester I have an 8am class – I had one this semester too, but I had to withdraw because of lack of attendance. I still haven't managed to fall asleep during class, though. Last time I did that was in high school. Might've been because I was made to go to class then, so I guess if I was made to go to class now, I might actually fall asleep in a class. (ehehe)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back