• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Sounds fun! When I was at school I wrote an essay on Disney Princesses. xD

Years
    there's literally a class about Harry Potter being offered at the college I work at

What I wouldn't give to take that class.

I've been wanting to write a Harry Potter fan fiction but it's been such a damnably long time since I've watched them all. My databank has eroded. Moss has grown over the facts. Can't remember the spells and lore. It's a car crash of misinformation in my mind.

But imagine writing something so expansive and complex that educational facilities offer actual classes on it! The mind boggles.

Years
    i love harry potter but i don't know if i love it enough to take a class on it. I feel like there'd be some....people in there who made me feel a bit cringy. I dunno. ~_~

also hi everyone!!

pkmin3033

Honestly I feel the Harry Potter franchise has...overstayed its welcome, just a tad. The Fantastic Beasts movies put me in mind of The Hobbit trilogy - wholly unnecessary and terrible for it.

...I did enjoy the books though, and even if the movies corrupted my vision of the world, they weren't *terrible* really.

Years
    Listen! If you strain your ears and concentrate, you can hear someone on the other side of the world gasp sadly.

If you were talking about Star Wars there, you'd be in serious trouble right around now.

pkmin3033

The only Star Wars films that should exist are the original trilogy >.>

The Expanded Universe, though? Those books were fantastic. Too bad Disney declassified them all as non-canon...and then plagiarised some of the best parts of it.

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    It's getting a tad ridiculous by this point. I enjoy her expanding the universe but like... girl

I want to hear more about the other wizarding schools though. Particularly the ones in South America, Africa and japan

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    it'd be one thing if she was expanding it with interesting facts that make sense towards the world building not ...... what she has been doing. hearing more about the other schools would be a good choice as long as those facts about said schools made sense lol

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    JK Rowling is ruining her brand when she starts making up facts like wizards used to shit and hide it using magic, and how adding a plumbing system at Hogwarts almost revealed the Chamber of Secrets. So ridiculous.

Yeah it is silly. Why would anyone want to learn about what wizards do with their excrement?

Years
    Australian school of wizardry, please. Stereotype it to death and it'll come to life quite nicely, I think. Put a few 'dinky' spells in there, a exclamation of 'crikey' after every incident, perhaps a few 'sheilas' for good measure and you've got a winner. And the main wizard can just be, like, a good bloke in search of a cuppa.

And for a Familiar or whatever, they can have a wombat.

Years
    Indeed they do. It keeps them feeling grounded and sure of themselves, and humans love that sensation of security when it comes to their opinions. It's what the higher-ups prey on.

I wish we weren't always striving for comfort, though - constructing our own walls and trying to shut out the things that don't agree with us, and looking for subject matter that verifies our opinions rather than seek out the things which expose the cracks and rust. And when one starts to feel righteous is when things get genuinely bloody.

I think we should all examine our beliefs and preconceptions under a microscope before we act on them, or worse yet, before we feel hate because of them. You can never think too much.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    it'd be one thing if she was expanding it with interesting facts that make sense towards the world building not ...... what she has been doing. hearing more about the other schools would be a good choice as long as those facts about said schools made sense lol

Yeah like didn't she say there was one school in all of north america? Even though the wizarding population isn't exceedingly large the US has like 300,000,000 people alone

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i'm upset that i was so exhausted from work that i didn't do any community day even though totodile is my favorite starter. :( oh well.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I know exactly how that feels and that sucks big time. I've done almost all of them to some extent.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    yeahhh. thankfully i don't even really play pokemon go so it's not a huge loss for me hahah.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    It's kinda hard not to play around here especially when half the people at work play as well.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i only have one employee who also plays pokemon go hahah. he got me back into it for a while but i've been unstable lately so going out to the college after work (since i don't live in town) is a difficult chore for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back