• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I once got sick from food from something I ate on a Wednesday night, but I didn't start feeling sick until that Friday morning. Being sick from food sucks.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Eww jeez. I hope you're continuing to feel better.

I got sick from seafood once without even realizing that's what it was til after a couple of days.

I was sick for almost a week, and all I could was just lay in bed and feel sick. It was gross.

Years
  • It's just called the DCC now, huh. Maybe my presence converted everyone here: maybe the gay guys found my sheer masculinity too overwhelming and the gay girls have seen the light.

They say it's a symptom of schizophrenia to constantly find personal meaning in things. More often than not, I say it's a symptom of being a self-absorbed asshead. And I know that I'm off-topic but that's what the section is called, and we're discussing sickness and schizophrenia seems to be under that classification.

But you lot are all grownups, right? One grows out of being self-absorbed, right? I'd hate to be like Woody Allen from Annie a few years from now, where he is so caught up in his own psyche - unravelling nothing and just adding to the tangle.

Years
  • It's just called the DCC now, huh. Maybe my presence converted everyone here: maybe the gay guys found my sheer masculinity too overwhelming and the gay girls have seen the light.

They say it's a symptom of schizophrenia to constantly find personal meaning in things. More often than not, I say it's a symptom of being a self-absorbed asshead. And I know that I'm off-topic but that's what the section is called, and we're discussing sickness and schizophrenia seems to be under that classification.

But you lot are all grownups, right? One grows out of being self-absorbed, right? I'd hate to be like Woody Allen from Annie a few years from now, where he is so caught up in his own psyche - unravelling nothing and just adding to the tangle.

what

also hi everyone hope you're having spectacular sundays

Years
  • I genuinely want to clean and re-organize my room, but I have no idea how to go about doing it. @__@ I'd have to move my TV along with my Switch and PS4, move my bed around to a different position... in general it's times like these that I hate how small my room is.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I love cleaning my room. Nothing like making the wooden furniture shine after being dusty for a few weeks.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Im glad i took a nap bc i looked at the dcc earlier and it wasnt gay i guess it was a dream.

I need to clean my room and house tomorrow. Was gonna do some cleaning today but came home and crashed oop.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I know we need to clean up the house but I just don't feel like it while I'm on my work break.

Years
  • same

speaking of cleaning, have y'all watched that tidying up with marie kondo show? it's got me in the mood to reorganize my whole life

Sirfetch’d

speaking of cleaning, have y'all watched that tidying up with marie kondo show? it's got me in the mood to reorganize my whole life

I saw the netflic recommendation!! I can't wait to check it out

Years
  • Neglect a mess long enough and someone else is bound to clean it. That applies to a lot of things, but not one's life. That's the frustrating thing about it - that it'll always be down to you to clean up the mess and to systematically disconnect from the people who make it worse. It's nearly unbearable to have that level of control, and individuals typically like to outsource it. But then there's that quote - "the only unbearable thing is that nothing is unbearable", so we can all expect to endure without end because the alternative is self-imposed death, and that's no alternative.

... but yes, impromptu philosophising aside, I ignored my room for two years and someone eventually cleaned it for me. You just gotta wait it out sometimes, but not as a fucking way of life, y'know?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back