• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I have like... zero time to play Pokemon GO these days. ;__; I'm also kinda put off on playing it because there's so few pokestops in my area and I'd actually have to travel quite some distance to find anything worthwhile, so I just don't bother.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I guess it doesn't help that I work in a mall so its kinda hard not to play. (on company time...shhhhh)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    yeah it'd be a lot easier if i still lived in town but i like in smaller town 20 minutes out with like ... three poke stops so i'm basically in the same position as angie.

Bay

Years
    I too am relaxing after PoGO Community Day and a Deoxys Ex-Raid haha. I live in a medium sized city and there's a sizeable group of people that plays Go every so often.

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    i'm just here realising i'm completely screwed because my computing mock is tomorrow and i haven't studied enough lmao... i've been trying but it's just so difficult to pay attention to something i don't understand for so long

Years
    What's going on today, everyone?

Time to bore everyone rigid, but it's not as though they have to pay me any attention. Walls of text don't seem to be enticing for most.

I went to a storytelling class today, and it was the first step in my path to become an actor and a better writer. You had to learn all about story structure and the bodily gestures that best help convey what is going on. Against all expectations, I had to participate in that. They told me to convey how I felt with a gesture, so I did a mortifying dab. Think Fortnite, but a mangled version of the move. I looked retarded. Then I was assigned to a stranger, and we had to take turns - one of us would say a sentence, and then the other would act it out. She did brilliant. I sucked. She said I was exquisite but yeah, you gotta take compliments with a grain of salt because... you're you. In my world, that's often a very confronting and inconvenient truth.

And we were assigned three random cards with the option to act out all three, or just pick one. I got Dislike, Fury and Regret. Grim. Needless to say, I did Fury. At first I was blank, and then I remembered something pretty personal and violent from a while back. Internally violent, of course. But yes, that did it. I basically just punched the air, but the dynamism was amplified somewhat because my hair pitched forward and my hat flew off and decapitated someone. Or nearly. It hit the door at the side.

It was my first time doing anything like this in front of people, and in a week's time I shall be performing a short story of my own live in front of an audience of thirty.

Bit sudden, isn't it. I've just got to get something off my chest...
    Spoiler:

I haven't got a story yet, and I have never written a short story in my fucking life. Did I mention I have to tell it in five minutes? Five? Five?! Five?!?!!!!!!!

I'm overdue for an anxiety attack. Knowing me, I'll have it just before I go on. But the idea of going up on that stage, the youngest performer there, and wowing them... sounds bloody brilliant, doesn't it.

Years
    What I was afraid of happening with my booking of a holiday back home is happening. It's still over two weeks away and people are asking me to do too many things since I'll be over and part of the reason I booked this holiday was so I could relax. My friend warned me this always happens if you book holidays home even if you don't expect it to.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    It's good to have a mall that's still popular and in use. Don't know what I would do without Auntie Anne's pretzels!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Auntie Anne's is good. I tend to go there whenever i go to the mall

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Not gonna lie that sounds REALLY good right now. Though it's even worse when I'm at work and the front half of the store smells like Cinnabon because its only 3 stores down and that is ALL you can smell. xD

Years
    i've never been to an auntie annes. I've walked by it tho. I do like pretzels, I .... just have never actually thought to go and get something from there.

also hi everyone i've been inactive the past day or so because i had food poisoning!!!!! i'm now mostly over it.

Years
    Yuck that sounds like no fun at all but I'm glad you're feeling better.
    Thank you!!
    oof glad you're feeling better tyler. :c do you know what even gave you the food poisoning?
    An omelette from IHOP! Which is crazy bc my bf also ate an omelette, and didn't get sick. We did have different meats, though, so I guess maybe that was the issue? orz

Either way, today I've been taking it easy. Like, I'm p hungry rn, but I'm just trying to snack on an apple and just see if I can keep it down.

Years
    How long did it take for you to feel sick? If it was around 4 hours that apparently means your food was sneezed on or something like that. #SharingIsCaring

Years
    How long did it take for you to feel sick? If it was around 4 hours that apparently means your food was sneezed on or something like that. #SharingIsCaring

I think we ate around 1:30 AM, and I started feeling sick around 10:00 AM. Like, it got to the point of me having to cancel the auditions I was hosting, and then later having to pull over because I was semi-dehydrated and felt too woozy to drive. I'm finally able to keep the apple slices I've eaten and banana i ate last night down, but....I'm just weary to eat anything else lmao.

Years
    I think we ate around 1:30 AM, and I started feeling sick around 10:00 AM. Like, it got to the point of me having to cancel the auditions I was hosting, and then later having to pull over because I was semi-dehydrated and felt too woozy to drive. I'm finally able to keep the apple slices I've eaten and banana i ate last night down, but....I'm just weary to eat anything else lmao.

I hate feeling like that, when you know you have to eat but your body is like NO NOT YET. I force myself to have energy drinks for the electrolytes, even though I hate energy drinks.

Years
    I hate feeling like that, when you know you have to eat but your body is like NO NOT YET. I force myself to have energy drinks for the electrolytes, even though I hate energy drinks.

I couldn't even keep down the water/gatorade with electrolytes for the longest time. now that i have been able to, i feel so much better. i don't think i'll be going to ihop again any time soon lmao

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back