• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    my sister is really the only one who ever drinks coffee from my immediate family. i think my dad drinks it occasionally or something now? my grandmother (on my mom's side) drinks it so we had a carafe for when she visited but that was it for most of my life.

then i got hired at dunkin and now my sister mooches off of me when she can and even though i still don't drink it very often i definitely have drank it more often in the past 4.5 years than i had the 21 years prior lol.

it's likely though i know some people who use caffeine to relax ig it depends on your body?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    no tea at all angie? damn that's honestly more surprising than coffee.

not dunkin's it's literally a latte with sugar. an americano or a macchiato on the other hand with that extra shot probably would more so (but in general yes )

Years
  • the only person who drinks coffee in my family is my mom and everyone else... doesn't, I guess?? So I was never really exposed much to it. same thing with tea bc no one in my family drinks tea.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    god yeah idk how many times i have to add liquid sugar to our already sweet tea bc it's not "sweet" enough for the customer. i myself can't stand super sweet tea anymore bc between it and the heat i get sick real fast.

Years
  • fwiw though I do enjoy drinking lots of other herbal and natural teas without sweetener, but unsweetened black tea is bleh

oh and not so hot either

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I feel you unsweetened tea is the worst thing pls don't ever give that to me if you want us to be friends. Especially iced tea???

And yeah i have to put a few pieces of ice in my hot tea (same with my hot chocolate or any hot drinks rly) because I am weak and don't like hot things (which is why I don't like hot coffee drinks either).

TY

I can drink tea and hot chocolate boiling hot one after another and not be affected at all by it.

Internship gave me an immunity to it

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    As an Asian household my family loves having tea - but I completely hated tea until I was 15 because I thought it was way too bitter (as I mostly only ever drank the ones they had at yum cha or restaurants). Then I got introduced to iced tea and milk tea which are very sweet sure, but I like them a lot :D So I guess if that counts I do drink some tea? Just the more unhealthy ones.

I have never really enjoyed coffee at all. My sister loves it but I guess I never got into it. Whilst I've considered drinking it for caffeine so I can stay awake usually I just take a power nap if I'm that tired in the first place :p

Years
  • I haven't tried milk tea before, but probably because it's often served with boba, which is something that just doesn't stick to me :<

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    there's places where you can request it without boba! i know there's a place my sis and i like to eat and the option 'no boba' is a thing for their milk teas. def something to think about if you ever wanna try it. i personally like it a lot hahah. but in my black tea i can't stand having creamer or any dairy in it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Yup, same here! I believe boba is an optional topping so you can always get different kinds of milk tea (regular milk tea, Jasmine milk tea, Thai milk tea etc.) without it. You can also potentially get other toppings other than boba if you feel like it (such as herbal jelly or aloe vera) if that sounds appealing to you. If you just want to try milk tea by itself then I know that Asian supermarkets sell milk tea in a bottle which can be a lot less expensive and just as good as milk tea from a boba shop. :D

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • On the topic of sleep, I've been lacking it lately, and I don't know why. I'm always so eager to stay up late... and then I end up just dozing off. It's really weird because my sleep schedule is screwed up as it is. ;o;

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    My sleep schedule is jacked up because of my work schedule and closing most of the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back