• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Still leaving florida again sooner than us haha.

If i moved out of florida itd probably be another place with things like walking trails and such. Id miss disney but (when im not lazy/busy) i like going on trails and taking in the nature. Something that my area had quite a bit of and its nice.

Years
  • Florida would be a great state to live in if drivers just knew how to fucking drive

Like the one guy this morning that pulled out in front of me and by the time I got around him had his high beams on. in fog.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Honestly im not the best driver myself so i guess i fit in. Though i would never have my high beams anywhere near other cars jfc. And i actually use my blinker.

Thing that mostly gets me is the weather i hate it most of the year.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I was about to be all :thonk: about hating the weather but then I remembered I've literally only ever been to Florida in the winter when it's gorgeous to escape cold weather here like all Canadians. :// Guess you guys get all the hurricanes and stuff when they're still strong, huh.

Years
  • We had Irma in 2017 and although that was just a category 1 by the time it was up here, there was lots of damage, power outages, you name it

Oh and I had to evacuate as well

Years
  • I feel like hurricanes happen less often here nowadays??? I can't imagine a major hurricane that affected me too badly, at least.

Years
  • last year was the third year in a row that Florida had a major hurricane. before that, it went 11 years without a single one

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Irma was insane for me ughh. Chaos at my store because of people evacuating (and when they were all driving back and we had to throw all our cooler/freezer product out bc we lost power during the hurricane), plus i lost power at my place for a week so we were stuck at my moms house that time.

God forbid we ever get another hurricane and that happens with all the animals i have now @_@

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Last semester my university got hit with two hurricanes and despite the flooding and high speed winds I still had to go to class because "it wasn't enough to warrant closure". Whereas with Irma which had no flooding, just intense winds, we did cancel school. Either way I definitely feel like where I lived in the US despite being fairly inland has been getting slammed more and more with hurricanes.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Wow. Better safe than sorry imo sucks that didnt close the area for those two hurricanes ://

I vaguely remember seeing that video lol.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • Gotta love Florida colleges. Not to mention the drivers in them haha. I recall a young driver that stopped in the middle of an intersection to text. While traffic was light, it is at times like these you get to see the potential rage of other drivers.

Fortunately I was walking.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If that's the case thats even more of a yikes you didnt close

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • Yeah except I don't live in Florida. XD This was in South Carolina. We close for pretty much everything man.

Ah my bad, here I am assuming you were in Florida.

I've been lucky that they seem to avoid hitting my area. I have yet to experience anything major other than weakened tropical storms despite being in Florida. Props for those who lived through the horrible storms.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Yeah it was much worse on the coast than for us since in SC I live pretty inland but the storms moved slowly which meant lots of flooding

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Sometimes we close for a tropical storm

It's not fun because it's essentially a day wasted

Eh last time we closed and really didnt need to i was okay with it bc it was a free paid day off for me lmao.

Years
  • Eh last time we closed and really didnt need to i was okay with it bc it was a free paid day off for me lmao.
    At least it was a paid day off! when we closed for a tropical storm a couple of years ago, I did not get paid

However during Irma I was at least paid because that was more than a week's worth of wages that would have been lost under current policy for part-time employment, and the college has a lot of part-time regulars as well

pkmin3033

Exciting weather never happens here...and when it does (we had snow last Friday) it disappears overnight so I still have to go to work. Sigh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back