• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I went to bed at nearly 3am and woke up about twenty minutes ago. Feels good after my work week.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    ^ Pretty much that. I had to close at work last night and we were pretty much dead by midnight although I had to count plush and put the numbers in. We were actually able to get out right at 2 am thank god.

Years
  • What time do you guys close to customers? Being there until 2 am is murder imo

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I work at a place called Round 1. A Japanese version of Dave and Busters. Although we have bowling, pool tables, darts, ping pong and karaoke.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ooooo that sounds like a fun place! Well, maybe not to work but i've never been to a dave and buster's either. Bowling and Pool are both fun and I wish sometimes I had people to go do those things with hah.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    The actual job itself is not bad. It's just when you throw in coworkers you'd like to punch and customers you'd like to stab is when it gets to be a pain. And we ALL hate Saturdays because that seems like that's when all the stupid, needy, entitled and bitchy people.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I FEEL THAT it's the same at my job. I mean, every day you'll likely get dumb customers but Saturday seems to be the worst of days.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Buy a game card with 150 credits on it and then come back up 10 minutes later saying all the credits are gone. Well DUH STUPID you gave it to your kid and they ran around and swiped it on EVERYTHING and didn't play half of them. So no you can't get a refund and I don't care how pissed off you get. Don't be stupid.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    yikes!! that's definitely not your problem that they can't handle their kids and keep them from running around.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Parents also think we should babysit their kids too. Like no don't drop them off at the store and expect us to watch them. They do something wrong we want you to take care of them ASAP.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ya'll need a huge sign saying "WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR KIDS PLEASE WATCH THEM AT ALL TIMES" but then again that probably wouldn't help because many customers don't know how to read.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Oooooo we had some lady leave her coat somewhere and threw a bitch fit and demanded we find it. Well in that case we'll fill out a lost item report and if we find it we'll let you know. So someone took care of that in bowling and 15 minutes later she comes back up and Julie was leaving and the lady stopped her and started screaming at poor Julie that her coat hasn't been found and that she's going to call the police. Now mind you Julie is the most sweetest person ever and she freaks out. I walk up and try to figure out what's going on and she starts screaming at me which I don't really care. I tell the lady to calm down and that she can't be yelling at staff like that and then go to the office and tell management that they need to get out here and talk to this crazy ass bitch because she just screamed at Julie for no reason.

I was ready to rip my name tag off and stab the lady with it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I--

You lost your coat lady goddamn why are you wasting time screaming at people go find it yourself?? I swear those people are the kind that never had to work in any sort of customer service and think they're above everyone else for no good reason. I had people quit because of customers like her I hope Julie was alright after the whole affair.

Years
  • that woman sounds insane like it's not y'alls fault she cant keep track of her stuff!!

hi everyone today has been a day. my systems kept messing up at work ;_; I think everything's more or less resolved now tho.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back