• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't watch anime in a while, but it's been a while since I tried to marathon an anime.

The last one I watched I "had" to watch because…well, the PS3 and the Mac is in the same room and I really can't watch Californication when Naruto Shippuden is playing near max volume.

Years
    Well, I've marathoned portions of a couple series recently (TTGL and Pokemon Johto), but I don't religiously watch any because it's usually impossibly hard to get access to the TV with the DVR hooked up to it, though it's gotten a bit easier now that my brother's hooked on Age of Empires.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Following anime used to be part of my usual routine, but nowadays I only watch it whenever I can be bothered to. I've yet to work up the effort to finally finish up K-On!, for instance.

Years
    I make it a part of my weekly/monthly routine because I sometimes need to be entertained through a passive media.

Also, you'll probably hate me for having scored Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann below a 10, after having poked around your MAL for a bit. But I'm very stingy when it comes to doling out even 9s. Though, it's hard to rate a series below a 5 for me, as well, on the other end. An anime has to be truly outstanding or truly terrible to achieve better than an 8 or drop below a 5.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I make it a part of my weekly/monthly routine because I sometimes need to be entertained through a passive media.

Also, you'll probably hate me for having scored Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann below a 10, after having poked around your MAL for a bit. But I'm very stingy when it comes to doling out even 9s. Though, it's hard to rate a series below a 5 for me, as well, on the other end. An anime has to be truly outstanding or truly terrible to achieve better than an 8 or drop below a 5.

You clearly never watched Naruto before. Interpret that how you want.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    You clearly never watched Naruto before. Interpret that how you want.
    It would take an idiot to rate that show more highly than Code Geass, even considering just how much of a trainwreck it became in its second season.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    Naruto and Bleach aren't too bad, it's that they spend episodes of talking sometimes. I mean doesn't people in Japan wait a week for a new episode? I'd feel pissed. Too much plot and stuff like this tend to pull me off. I liked it in the past but.. I don't know about now =/
    Watching Elfen Lied only to see if the opening has a meaning or it's a creepy opening for no reason =/
    I wasn't like this but now I prefer the shorter ones.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Indeed I haven't. It's one of the few series I wholly intend to avoid.
    I love you.
    Naruto and Bleach aren't too bad, it's that they spend episodes of talking sometimes. I mean doesn't people in Japan wait a week for a new episode? I'd feel pissed.
    I wasn't like this but now I prefer the shorter ones.

They spend episodes "fighting." I use the term loosely when referring to anime shows because in actual dramatic fight scenes they talk for about 20 episodes(not counting the flashbacks in Bleach) before the 5 minute fight. Even Hajime No Ippo isn't immune to this sadly.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Thread is dying =[

Anyway Elfen Lied is one of the most creepy things I ever saw.
    Indeed at both of them.
    It does this sometimes. Just get Erica and the suck-ups will be swarming.
    this thread is only temporarily (bad spelling?) dead.

i haven't wathed much anime. bleach a few times, naruto because it was on before bleach, pokemon when angeline's watching it, and now nothing :p

You watch Bleach AND Naruto? You poor, poor person.

Seriously, Dondon, if you see this, watch Hajime No Ippo. It's gets super special awesome at around Episode 8.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back