• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    The current temperature here at the moment is 28 degrees celcius, so any sign of snow will not unlikely happen! D:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think hail can happen irrespective of actual temperature if it's formed too high up.

Everyone was surprised that we got hail in the first place.

Years
    Hail requires strong updrafts to keep it refreezing as it gets bigger and bigger. Hail generally can't happen below freezing because there is no part of the atmosphere warm enough to melt it enough so it flies back up due to the updrafts.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hail requires strong updrafts to keep it refreezing as it gets bigger and bigger. Hail generally can't happen below freezing because there is no part of the atmosphere warm enough to melt it enough so it flies back up due to the updrafts.

Then I guess it must be so high up there where the hail was formed for it to happen. :P

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Woah. Well, you learn something new every day.

Though I've never seen a tornado out here in my life so far.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I've never seen an actual torndo, but I've apparently (according to news reports afterward) been in the vicinity of them twice.

And yesterday was so cold I thought the world was coming to an end. You know, hell freezing over and all that stuff.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Hail (sometimes) occurs here on the coldest time of the year, probably this January or February. :)

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I wish I had personally seen hail and snow. Missed that one chance to witness hail without leaving my home that one time last year. :P

Years
    I've never seen hail in my neck of the woods (Maryland) but its really cold here, so it may snow sooner or later. More of an excuse to drink insane amounts of hot coco. :P

Years
    I've never seen hail in my neck of the woods (Maryland) but its really cold here, so it may snow sooner or later. More of an excuse to drink insane amounts of hot coco. :P
    You have no idea how good hot cocoa sounds right now. I didn't sleep at all and I want something warm and comforting.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    There was severe hail on Christmas day in Melbourne and I personally know people whose cars were damaged by how large and damaging the hail was, was sure a 'white' Christmas : \

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I've never seen a tornado in my life either, but I've been in a tornado warning once. :D

Hail, however, last time I've seen hail was back when I was living in San Diego when this huuuge severe thunderstorm came through. Best sight ever. :D

Years
    I've seen a Tornado in the distance once, one touched down several miles from house, and, When we came back from vacation in North Carolina a few years ago, One almost hit there too. D:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    During one of the Tropical Storms a few years ago, there was apparently a little tornado up the street or something from my house. Didn't do too much damage, I don't think, but it caused some damage to the house at the end of the street, and killed one of their horses.

Years
    @ Scarf - I'm sorry to hear that... (Hands a big mug of it with marshmallows floating on top) I put so many marshmallows on it, you might as well just dunk the things in there and eat them like that. xD

@ Jubilation - If I ever see hail, I hope its not THAT big! Luckily, I've never seen that sort damaging weather in my life, well that I can remember. Where I live, most storms are broken up by the Appalachia Mountains before they get to us. But there was this tornado that came through my town one time and tore up part of the high school, though I was very young when it happened...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back