• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I wish I had any sort of job. Not having money to spend is bad enough, but living with your annoying, nosy parents who think you're a complete failure is nothing short of torture :/

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    I just got promoted at my job -- right now I'm trying to build up my resume as much as possible, so the promotion was a welcome addition. I'm not concerned with having a job for the money; it's more the experience that so many employers now require after college, that I'm getting pretty concerned about my job prospects when I do graduate without having a solid background related to my career goals. I don't mind living off rice for the time being. XD

However, my main goal at the moment though should be to get my GPA as high as possible…

Also does anyone know what happened to the theme PokeGeneric? It not being there makes me sad.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I'm too lazy to get a job even though I'd love to (or I don't, I don't even know what I find haha) Uhh yeah as of now I'm too busy with school to have one anyway.

Years
    I just got promoted at my job -- right now I'm trying to build up my resume as much as possible, so the promotion was a welcome addition. I'm not concerned with having a job for the money; it's more the experience that so many employers now require after college, that I'm getting pretty concerned about my job prospects when I do graduate without having a solid background related to my career goals. I don't mind living off rice for the time being. XD

However, my main goal at the moment though should be to get my GPA as high as possible…

Also does anyone know what happened to the theme PokeGeneric? It not being there makes me sad.
    Congrats. I tried to work while I was in school and it was just too much for me and my grades suffered for it. I don't know how people manage it.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Congrats. I tried to work while I was in school and it was just too much for me and my grades suffered for it. I don't know how people manage it.

I worked very briefly while I was still in high school. Only had an hour to eat something, shower and get into my uniform, and basically had no time to rest up.

And the result, I went in dead tired every time, I finally had to pull the plug on it, but unfortunately, I haven't been back working since...

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]It's pretty much impossible to work while in school where I live. High school anyway. With child labor laws constricting hours and days. Who would want to hire someone who could only work on such a limited schedule? No one.[/SIZE]

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I work til 9pm every Friday and Saturday night Team Fail, so I know how you feel. I've done that pretty much every week for the last three years. Though I don't have school and I only work Tuesday/Wednesday during the week (unless I'm covering for someone else) so I still have like 3 days a week to myself lol

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years

I actually work at the university so it works out well for me — I finish class, then go straight to work for a few hours. You're only allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours/week so it's not too demanding. Last semester I worked until midnight two days a week and then until 10pm on a Sunday.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I actually work at the university so it works out well for me — I finish class, then go straight to work for a few hours. You're only allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours/week so it's not too demanding. Last semester I worked until midnight two days a week and then until 10pm on a Sunday.

I'd like to work at the university too. There are actually several things I could do there~ but later. For now, I want to pass all my courses with higher grades until I think about money :x

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I live in like the country. It's like impossible to get a job here : \

I know, right? I've spent a year looking for a job in the tiny hick town where I live, and it's all been a wasted effort :/

Bah, I have to agree with you two. ;__; And my town isn't even THAT small! The only reason I have a job at all right now is that my grandmother's fiance needs help with his job, and when that ends I am screwed again. ;__;

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I'm soooooooooo unbelievably glad that I have a secured job. I have no idea HOW I got the job, but I'm definitely not complaining. So many of my friends have graduated from uni with nothing and I feel really bad for them. It really sucks, at the moment.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years

I'd like to work at the university too. There are actually several things I could do there~ but later. For now, I want to pass all my courses with higher grades until I think about money :x

The job I do sounds more impressive when I tell people than what I actually do, so it doesn't effect my studies. In fact, I did better last semester than I had prior. :P

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    The only thing that came close to a job that I did was just job experience and we have to do that for school etc haha. I did meet one of my two best friends there so I guess it wasn't all that bad.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    I didn't care about getting a job until I was in college and realized I needed experience for my resume. If you don't need money, don't worry about it for now. ;p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back