• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
  • I suck at chess ;; I can't even beat a computer on easy mode, fff. /and yet I love games about tactics

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I spent New Year's Eve playing online chess with Vendak. I lost, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Took a whole 15 minues at least before any checkmates were in the offing!

Her

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Bah, did I post without seeing the next page again lmao

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Tsk tsk tsk, Andy.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I have tried Chess several times, and every time I failed miserably. The only memorable fail was when I played a game of chess with a friend of mine through Yahoo messenger. He thoroughly whooped me, but the game decided to end in a draw. xD He was pissed and I was laughing so hard. :P

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Bah, did I post without seeing the next page again lmao
    That happens too often to me hahahah.

Uhh staying on-topic here, I played chess for the first time in many years with Ryan some time ago and lost baaad lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I hate Chess tbh. :( Too difficult and people that play it tend to be competitive so they don't teach me how to be good, they just beat me and feel superior while I end up hating the game lool.

Zet

Years
  • I usually just do random moves in Chess. I don't think about strategy much since the people I used to play with didn't know much about it other than the basics.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I like the horseys in chess. I like that they go two up and one across. They're like the rebel badasses of the chessboard XD

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Rooks are my favorite piece. They're all bold and stuffs, moving in one straight direction across the board, but also keeping their mentality, unlike those nasty bishops. >:(

Years
  • I like playing chess, mostly because of the banter between my cousin and I, being competitive with each other over all sorts of traditional card games and board games. There were many times where we'd get to a stalemate in chess, depending on which rules we wanted to use.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I used to love playing chess...I was actually pretty good at it in high school. Even made it on the chess team, but I haven't played it since I as in high school either. So I probably suck at it now.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I was coaxed to join the chess team in 10th grade and I'd always get my rear handed to me in matches. Then the family moved and the new school didn't have a chess team. Haven't played the game since.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I used to love playing chess...I was actually pretty good at it in high school. Even made it on the chess team, but I haven't played it since I as in high school either. So I probably suck at it now.

At least you went to a school that was apparently good enough to even have a chess team :|

Oddly, the only people I knew at my high school who knew how to play chess were delinquents, and they were pretty good. More often than chess I was usually sneaking off with friends to play Yu-Gi-Oh in hidden areas like the dressing room behind the stage, though.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • At least you went to a school that was apparently good enough to even have a chess team :|
    We only played friendly matches against the other small school next door. It's not like we were particularly great or much of a big deal. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back