• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I still don't know why people drink it though :P
    Some people have addictive personalities and they drink because of they just need to. Alcohol lowers inhibitions, changes your mood, and that sort of thing which some people seek out as a for of entertainment and/or a way to cope with their lives. Some people say they like the taste too, and since alcohol has existed since forever there are like millions of flavor options. And of course there is peer pressure, need to fit in, etc.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • I never plan on smoking, and I don't even plan on becoming an alcoholic. But, I'm really self-conscious about drinking when I become of age, so I'm feeling maybe it's best to abstain completely from drinking alcohol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I've seen alcoholism and drug use destroy the lives of two of my relatives (one's basically a vagabond and the other once had a nice job working for BMW before his girlfriend got him into drugs and caused him to fall from grace... hard.) Needless to say, there's no way I'm going to repeat those mistakes and mess up my life.

And I was fortunate enough to have a group of friends in high school and college who weren't into the whole party scene, so I never really felt pressured to go drinking or partying when I didn't want to.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I dont drink much at all. I dont like the way it makes me feel, alcohol tends to make me feel sleepy, so its not something I want very often at all.I also cant really stand drinks that arent sweet.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I never plan on smoking, and I don't even plan on becoming an alcoholic. But, I'm really self-conscious about drinking when I become of age, so I'm feeling maybe it's best to abstain completely from drinking alcohol.

Does anyone actually plan on becoming an alcoholic...?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'm not sure exactly, but maybe one "planned" drink can lead to alcoholism.

I can speak for this personally, the week me and my previous gf broke up I was chugging down jubilee shots like there was no tomorrow and quite frankly it took quite a lot of support from my friends to help me stop drinking to relieve the emotional pain, guess mom was right about alcoholism running deep in our family afterall lol.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Alcohol. One of the few substances that can kill you, even if used as directed.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I want to drink just to get drunk, but I hate the taste of all the alcohol that I've ever had and can't drink enough of it to even feel a buzz. Recently I've also had the urge to get high and smoke marijuana, but I have no idea who or where to go for that. *siiiigh*

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I want to drink just to get drunk, but I hate the taste of all the alcohol that I've ever had and can't drink enough of it to even feel a buzz. Recently I've also had the urge to get high and smoke marijuana, but I have no idea who or where to go for that. *siiiigh*

My sister once made me fruit punch vodka and orange soda. It has like next to no alcohol taste and is actually really good. I recommend it!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    But that wouldn't get me drunk unless I had a ton of it, I'd imagine! And then I'd spend the entire time in and out of the bathroom... or peeing all over myself. :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    I haven't had a drink in while. :/ I think I should fix that, though. lol
    I'm not heavy drinker, and I have a high tolerance so drinks usually just relax me. I either get the major giggles and the urge to have a good time or the urge to fall asleep. haha

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I got tipsy off of two drinks, but maybe I'm a lightweight compared to you, haha. Although most alcohol has the in and out of the bathroom problem from my experience. I also like vanilla vodka and coke, but that tastes a bit more like alcohol because the tastes aren't quite strong enough to cover up the vodka taste. It's grown on me though. :3

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    It only takes 1 maybe 2 drinks to start having their effect on me nowadays but I tend to border on being either the person who's acting like they're having a lot of fun or the type of person that just wants to beat the **** out of someone. Usually it's the former personality that I end up enveloped in most often when I do drink but I'll always start off arguing with someone regardless because I'm an ahole like that lol.

Thank god I got a bladder of steel though haha.

I prefer not to drink when hanging out with friends though because quite frankly I tend to go off on any of them in a moment's notice when intoxicated if not passed out on the floor first lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back