• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    A smoker you say? :V

But yeah, I know people get a lot of flack for smoking... Why can't people just mind their own business?
    Well often it's just bothering people because they don't want to second-hand smoke or whatever so I mean I can understand why they'd want someone to stop then. And it's just bad for you so might as well tell them to quit too because it's justified, because it's bad.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I find it annoying just because...I don't think there's a person in the a first-world country that doesn't know the effects of smoking. So the person smoking isn't getting anything new from your preaching, obviously they considered that and made the decision themselves, lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    There are very few indoor places that allow smoking, and a lot of outside places ban it as well. Just hold your breath if you see smoke if you're THAT worried about it, no smoke cloud is so big that you'll be unable to hold your breath through it. ;x

I'm strongly against banning smoking if you can't tell, lmao.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    OMG RAZOR I THOUGHT YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE QUITTING!!! Do you want me to yell at you on MSN again?

But, yeah... I fully support smoking bans in public indoor places, but outdoors is fine by me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Who wants to live to be 100? Live it up however you want for the first few decades I say; ain't no reason to look forward to old age when you're just cheating death anyway.
    I don't like having second hand smoke in my face. My friends and I play a game where if someone smoking walks by, we cough for a bit and see if they put it out.
    I would laugh at you.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I don't like having second hand smoke in my face. My friends and I play a game where if someone smoking walks by, we cough for a bit and see if they put it out.

...why? It's not your problem. You're just insulting people you've never met before. I'd be inclined to come closer to you to make you have to have my smoke in your face if you did that tbh.

OMG RAZOR I THOUGHT YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE QUITTING!!! Do you want me to yell at you on MSN again?

IT TAKES A LONG TIME OK. And more effort than I'm putting in right now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I cant stand it when people smoke around me. I think its gross. I always get annoyed if people smoke near me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2019
    I don't mind people who smoke. I'd just rather them not do it in my face. Especialy if I don't know them. People should be courteous enough to try and stay away from you if they're smoking unless it's a smoking area. NOW, weed on the other hand. Please smoke that infront of me, then ask me if I want a hit. ;D

Years
    Man I hate it when people within my vicinity smoke. My lungs are weak enough as it is without having to breathe in second hand smoke, which is even more damaging than first hand smoke. Just stay the hell away from me if you smoke.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I quite dislike people smoking around others or positioned in such a way that the wind carries the smoke to everyone anyway. It's their choice and all, but at least consider others with it. It's quite annoying around one of my uni buildings as you have to walk through a gaggle of smokers to get to class. >_>

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Eh I'm so used to seeing people around me smoke I just don't care as much anymore in all honesty, it irritates me when someone tries to get me or one of my friends to start smoking now though which just pisses me off if anything.

Years
    From when I was age 10 to age 14, I watched as both of my Maternal Great-Grandmothers, my surviving maternal Great-Grandfather, and an Aunt, die slow, horrible, painful deaths as a result of smoking and smoking related health issues. And just recently this past November, one of their daughters payed the ultimate price from their smoking as well. And another aunt cheated the reaper and survived.

That being said, the nonchalant posts defending it by some of you on this subject are really pissing me off.

:3!!!!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    (I had a rather large post written up about this, but I decided to remove it all and just leave the opening statement.)

The issue with smoking is that is doesn't just effect a single person. I'd have nothing against it if it only harmed the user, but it doesn't. Secondhand smoke has been proven to cause severe medical issues.

Edit - You know what? Changed my mind. I'll post the rest.

Imo, I don't give a damn how intrusive that this law sounds but I believe that it should be illegal for a person to smoke inside their own home if they have a young child living their. Not because the child could pick up the habit of inhaling poisons, but because of the health issues second and third hand smoke can cause.

Want a list of the issues it causes? Here.
    https://no-smoke.org/document.php?id=212

You can say that this link is biased all you want, but the sources that it gets the information from and cites are only 'biased' by medical fact.

Tobacco companies are doing what is called Corperate Denialism. Which, from a consumer protection standpoint is pretty much the over-exaggeration of anything, no matter how small, that supports their goals and the pushing aside of anything, no matter how proven, that is against their goals. Essentially, they have through disinformation created a tobacco denialism movement which (not suprisingly) shares a lot of similarities with HIV-AIDS denialism.

Tobacco companies are completely full of **** too. Know why? The tobacco companies acknowledge the fact that secondhand smoke is harmful to nonsmokers, yet they still try to deny this to the public. Want proof? Google Philip Morris RICO Lawsuit. Better yet, here. Another link.

https://publichealthlawcenter.org/t...ion/united-states-v-philip-morris-doj-lawsuit

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I am Kyurem hear me roar lol.

I love using this Poke in my White game so much, just tears everything up to pieces in the blink of an eye lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back