• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
Years
  • Really? Except for the fact that they both have long bodies with no arms, Milotic looks nothing like Gyarados. And the limbless pare doesn't even matter, because Rayquaza has arms. I believe Milotic might as well be a snake then, because Ekans, Arbok and Seviver also have long bodies! Heck, Milotic may even be made out of stone or steel, because Onix and Steelix also have long bodies!

That may be, but I'm not comparing facial features or colour scheme; I'm talking about the body; not the arms or any other part. Just the way it compares in coils to Gyarados, Dragonair and kinda Rayquaza. And I'm also not saying that just because Milotic has a long coiling body it should be in the Dragon's Den. It also ties in with other arguments/points that I made that could create it into a potential Dragon's Den member.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • More than a dragon, to say the least.

What are your similarities between Milotic and a dragon?

Mithology, complexity, mystic background, inner strenght, rareness, general apperance, serenity(yes, this is dragon aspect),...
    Yet, you still haven't answered my question, and this is the 3rd time I'm trying to convince you to answer them! Are you avoiding it?

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • Your questions were "Name two reptilian aspects of Milotic" and "Does Milotic look like a fish to you". I gave up on Milotic being a reptile, and told you several reasons why Milotic is an oarfish.
    And yes, Milotic looks like a fish to me.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Maybe you'll change your ming after this.
    It's only fate that this page occure when I was reading manga, and the Pokemon's appereance was most timely!
    Tell me in this picture, does Milotic stll look like just a fish, or like something much more?!

Spoiler:

tkallab

Years
  • Oh my god, that looks kind of like Lugia...

I was just thinking I would definitely agree if Milotic had arms, then I was like "Dragonair and Gyarados don't have arms", so yeah... Well played, good sir. You win.

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
  • Okay, maybe not a snake. But how about an oarfish?
    First of all, an oarfish is a really long fish that lives in the water. This is portrayed by Milotic at least evolving from a fish, having a long body and being a Water type.

Here's an oarfish.
    (Large image goes here)

Imagine the strings under his head starting right above its eyes. Now also imagine that funky hairdo starting at the place where its fin is.

Owned.

Even so, from what I've read, it's possiable that the tales of Sea Serpents/ Sea Dragons came from people's misconceptions of the Oarfish. The fish may not be a literal "dragon" now that it has been studied up-close and everything; but there's a chance that not only Milotic would be based on the animal itself, but also have traits based upon the sea dragon/serpent stories from back then integrated with it.

I will admit, in that manga page, Milotic has a more majestic, dragony look befitting of a dragonair. So the portrayal of that in the manga may of been intentional to make it seem like a dragon in a way as well.

tkallab

Years
  • ...Thank you, Time Guardian!
    I got kind of carried away when I saw Milotic like that. I blame his smile.
    So yeah, I would definitely think Milotic was a dragon if he had arms. The point is, he doesn't, because he's an oarfish. And fishes don't have arms.

And I have to confess, I always type oatfish before realising that's wrong, for some reason.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yes, the manga made Milotic look dragoney (that storyline involving Ruby and Mimi is one of my favourites), but it also looks kinda fishy...like Gyarados still has a resemblance to Magikarp! xD

So....certainly looks like Milotic is a hot topic. I'll leave you guys to argue until Saturday, then probably start.

EDIT: Tkallab, keep your vote secret! They'll remain that way....but no matter how you put it, it'll influence people, so don't

tkallab

Years
  • It's gonna be no. To me, Milotic is an oarfish with some dragon traits. But 'some dragon traits' aren't enough to get Milotic in this club for me. It wasn't enough for Tyranitar either. I don't regret that either, and I'm trying to be consistent.

No overdramatic final lawyer speech this time, sorry.

Didn't notice you saying that, Amore. Note that this is my opinion and not my vote. Although those two usually are greatly related... Haha!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok...so, just to confirm The voting hasn't started.

This argument's getting close to the length of Lugia, so I'm calling it to a close here. Further Milotic-based arguments must take place via pm/vm/not making up your whole post.

We will vote on Milotic.

Ok, so, Tkallab mentioned it, let's see what the general consensus is on voting about...Tyranitar.

The Dragon's Den V.4

The Dragon's Den V.4
    The Dragon's Den V.4

Disclaimer: Anybody who thinks I may favour tkallab and dragoniteuser, take note - They post more than me and Silhouette put together, and we're the owners!

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
  • And I have to confess, I always type oatfish before realising that's wrong, for some reason.

Oatfish...oh god, >_< Now I need to get that mental image out of my mind somehow before it ends up becoming something...very strange.

Anyways, first thing people will say on T-tar, he doesn't have wings. Not all dragons needs to have wings in order to be a dragon. Although i still need to do some comparisons and such to fully form an opinion on T-tar here. But I will admit, T-tar does make me think of Godzilla for some reason. (Oh hey, there's an idea for something when I get the time.)

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • It's true, not all dragons need to have wings!
    Well after a great deal of consideration I've decided that Tyranitar does belong in the Dragon's Den!
    I'm not completly convinced that it's a dragon, but there is a reasonable doubt, and with that alone, I cannot keep claiming that it isn't a dragon!
    Kudos to you tkallab! You'll make a fine argumentator one day! I should know since I never loose arguments, and well..., I just did!
    So I'll vote Tyraniter to stay in.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Tyranitar, I dunno.....
    on the other hand i have something for Milotic:
    It's based on the story of the ugly duckling mixed with the legend that Gyrados is based on.

Ugly Duckling: Feebas

Swan: Milotic

Ugly duckling=Feebas swims up the waterfall and becomes Swan=Milotic, plus Milotic has scales right like any Dragon mostly would, but Sea serpents have scales too so they are still in, yet Eels don't have scales, so they are out.
    Sea Serpents, hmmmm judjing by that Manga Picture i think Milotic is too big to be a sea serpent, and of course your first reaction to this is she's a giant sea serpent, but do giant sea serpents have elegant faces? no, do giant sea serpents have string hanging from their chins? no.
    so that leaves me my ancient enemy the oarfish.... i admit Milotic does seem like she was based on this, but what if, she was based on a water dragon instead? if nobody listened to me before, heres what i mean

Here is a Leviathan a Mlotic and a Gyrados:
    There are many similarities beetween them, especially beetween the water dragon and gyrados, gyrados's appearance was obviously based of of it, but what about the similarites with Milotic long serpentine body, scales and despite Milotic's lack of viciousness she is still cousing of Gyrados and the Leviathan is the missing link beetween the two, not to mention in the bible Leviathan is portrayed as a sea monster, dragons being ferocious and violent at times, they are also portrayed as monsters, so, in conclusion Leviathan is a dragon wich, i think, atomatically makes Milotic and Gyrados Dragons.

I tried my best to prove a point Draggy.

Attachments

• The Dragon's Den V.4
      water_dragon[1].jpg
      62.4 KB · Views: 2
    • The Dragon's Den V.4
      milotic2_2[1].jpg
      16.8 KB · Views: 2
    • The Dragon's Den V.4
      images[4].jpg
      6.2 KB · Views: 1

tkallab

Years
  • For the last time, a sea serpent is a sea dragon that has a lond snakelike body. A snake that lives in the sea is just a sea snake.

And Milotic has nothing to do with that myth. Ugly duckling, maybe, but that just makes Mikotic a swan. I'm indeed going with the oatrfish theroy here.
    By the way, how do you know what the Leviathan looks like? And even if that was the real Leviathan, the only similarities I see are the scales that only make up half of Milotic's body, the end of the tail, and the long limbless body.

By the way, really draggy? Well... Now I'm not sure what to vote. I actually think Tyranitar is just a big reptile now... Hahaha!

DragonsFire128

Triforce Wielder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2011
    Can i become a member? I love dragons both pokemon and others, and I would love to be part of this group.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • NO
    sea serpent and sea snake are the same thing, serpent is another word for snake DUH!
    And as for the Leviathan i saw it on Wikipedia, no thats not the real picture, but its the closest i could get.
    Y'know, i think this discussion is getting out of hand, it's,frankly, becoming quite stupid, i think we should just call it a draw, both sides have made very good points, because it's like this is ripping us apart, a simple difference of opinion has turned into a huge argument, i say enough.

kind of dramatic, i know but it's the truth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back