• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
It's finally complete! Great job to everyone who contributed. This was one of the best community projects that I've seen in a long time and now it's finally complete. :)

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
congrats on completing this. u guys are awesome. I'm going to use these in my hack & give credit.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Congratz bro! Well, you haven't made frame 2 done. :3 None of that matters since I don't hack Emerald anymore. Random users/editors would make frame 2 sprites on their own.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 17, 2016
As everyone has already said, thank you Chaos Rush so much for this. Taking on a project like this is very selfless and helps tons of people. I appreciate all the hard work you and all of the contributors did to make this project successful.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
It feels like it just started yesterday :')
..castform...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Here's my statement about Castform:

Wichu's Sprite Editor does not load Castform's alternate palettes, therefore it is impossible to edit Castform's backsprites with it. The only way is by using unLZ and then find the correct palette.

Second of all, Castform's front sprites in Gen IV and V are EXACTLY the same as in Gen III. I even checked. The backsprites however, are indeed different.

And lastly, I'm done. Yeah, I didn't do Castform back sprites. But I'm done. I'm just, done. There was truth to my statement of "I will no longer be working on this project".

Archeops

Pixel artist and hack player
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Congratulations on completing this project! I'm saying this to Chaos Rush and everyone else who has made contributions. The end result is nothing short of impressive.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I'm so happy I got to be a part of this! :D Congrats Chaos! We're all very proud of you, and now future ROM Hacks will look fantastic!

/replacing all RSE sprites so I can play the game while it looks fabulous~~~~

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Good, needed help to resize images, the images are quite blurry and always give error when putting in advance sprite editor if I could explain or indicate a tutorial thanked ...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 31, 2014
guys, great work! grats! can anyone guide/help me to import some of those to b2? thanks

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen yesterday
guys, great work! grats! can anyone guide/help me to import some of those to b2? thanks
Not to be a butt or anything, but...

The recoloring sure could be useful, but outside of looking probably either really small or really pixelated these would look weird without the extra animation frames anyway (basically Emerald's situation but worse, though for Emerald you can disable animations now.)

Besides, the main point of these sprites is to directly downsize sprites from Gens IV-V. So tl;dr it would probably be much less work to color what sprites were changed to match with the original artwork as that would be the only reason why you would use this resource in B/W2... right? I don't have any experience hacking the DS games, so this is just me spitballing.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Does anyone know of any hacks that use the DS Style 64x64 Sprites?
Let's see...

-Obviously there's Chaos Rush's own DarkViolet.
-My own 251+
-I saw somewhere on the Internet, a hack which transplants these sprites into Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends.

I'm pretty sure there are tons more out there I don't know about, as well as a bunch of wip hacks that are using these. And a whole bunch of people are probably using them in their own personal projects: I myself use them whenever I'm testing things as they're more or less easy to use.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I added the sprites to Emerald, but a gray box appeared in the midst of animation. Is there a reason/solution to this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 1, 2016
I added the sprites to Emerald, but a gray box appeared in the midst of animation. Is there a reason/solution to this?
You forgot to replace the second(animation) sprite, the sheet should look like something like this.
203_zps5c7721a4.png

Its pretty easy to do using paint and Wichu's sprite editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back