• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "The first Pokemon I caught in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire was"....

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I messed up that Poochyena encounter on purpose and instead caught me a Zigzagoon which now serves me as an HM slave until I get Latios.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    There's always a Poochyena appearing to demonstrate the DexNav? I didn't know that, haha, I just remembered reading somewhere that these wild pokémon would have egg moves so that was the first Pokémon I caught. It had Fire Fang so it was pretty useful at the beginning as Mudkip was my starter.

FroakieFTW

Ribbit!
    Years
  • Yeah, I caught that Fire Fang Poocheyana first :P I used him for a bit but he was quickly replaced after like level 17.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Fire Fang Poochyena. I mean it was good and I hate to miss the opportunity. It is in the PC now, tho.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Funny thing......
    I was going to catch the 'mystery Pokemon' Brendan was talking about, but I did it wrong. I didn't follow instructions with the dexnav and rushed at the last second. But I still ran into a Female Level 2 or 3 Wurple, so I thought I did good. Caught her and went to show off, then Brendan laughed at me and said not to rush. Alas, a lesson learned too late. Oh well though cause I always use the first encounter on my team. XD Intreatingly, I can only ever get Wurple to Bueatifly, but she evolved into Dustox for me. Love that Toxic spam~ She took Winona's Altaria down by herself pretty impressive and 'special' I must say. X3

Wait does Beldum count

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Poochyena in Omega Ruby, Caught after being forced into the encounter with the Dexvision or whatever. It had Thunder Fang :p So I found it useful for a bit.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I caught a Poochyena and named it Oblivion. xD I ended up boxing it after a few gyms.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    A level 3 wingull I caught on Route 104 right outside of the forest. I nicknamed her Flan and will probably keep her on my team until I defeat the Elite 4. A Pokemon that knows excellent flying and water type moves do well in this game imo.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • why, Taillow of course! I'd wanted my AS team to be ripped straight from Emerald and Taillow was the second step (after Mudkip), though I did eventually drop it in a box to rot.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    First catch (so not including the starter or shiny Beldum) was the Poochyena from the sneaking tutorial. I got one with Fire Fang.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2015
    Groudon, I never caught any until Groudon, I used 2 starters, Mudkip and Torchic, got the free Beldum and the mega Glalie from the demo (couldn't use for a while)

Back