• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • I just find it funny, my first year watching the team, and they are doing historically bad.

Well I wouldn't expect it to turn around anytime soon, the squad is pretty weak due to consecutive seasons of poor transfers. They need to stop leaking goals straight away, conceding 10 in 3 games is unacceptable at any level.

West Ham and Newcastle are strangely similar in a way. Both clubs should at least be as successful as a team like Everton due to the size of their fanbases and stadiums, but both struggle to finish in the top half of the table and every few years or so they even get relegated to the Championship. I always feel like eventually the clubs will be sold to a rich owner who could turn either of them into the next Man City.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I didn't watch the game, but Gary Neville's comments on the performance suggest Arsenal are hopeless this season. 3 points from 3 games is a bad start and I thought they were very lucky to beat Leicester on the opening day, so it could easily have been even fewer points.

Bad start? They've conceded eight goals in three games and their response was to get rid of not one but two defenders.

And yes, they got Kolasinac or however it's spelt on a free (LB of the season for Bundesliga) but it means nothing when he's on the bench xD

Arsenal were outclassed in every department vs Liverpool. They played a high line against fast pacy wingers (Salah? more like sublime) and were punished for it. Doesn't help when half the team doesn't do defensive duties because they don't care.

Years
  • Bad start? They've conceded eight goals in three games and their response was to get rid of not one but two defenders.

And yes, they got Kolasinac or however it's spelt on a free (LB of the season for Bundesliga) but it means nothing when he's on the bench xD

Arsenal were outclassed in every department vs Liverpool. They played a high line against fast pacy wingers (Salah? more like sublime) and were punished for it. Doesn't help when half the team doesn't do defensive duties because they don't care.

I imagine playing 3 at the back with full backs playing centre back doesn't work too well either. It certainly didn't for my team at the weekend.

It's going to be even more frustrating for Arsenal fans than last season, especially now they're receiving £35m for Ox and they know it won't be reinvested.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Sounds like exciting times, have you been going to the games?

Not too bad a start for Southampton either.

Back down to earth this weekend with 2 harsh defeats lol

Yeah I have a season ticket so I'm at every home game, and I also travel to every away game. Except today because I was working. :'(

Years
  • Looks like we're panic buying Grant Hanley.

XDBsO2O.png

Years
  • Not to mention Thomas Lemar might be going to Liverpool...despite Wenger saying that door is closed

Looks like the door really was closed.

Now Sanchez might be heading for exit door as well, it could be the end for Wenger this season.

Back down to earth this weekend with 2 harsh defeats lol

Yeah I have a season ticket so I'm at every home game, and I also travel to every away game. Except today because I was working. :'(

That's really cool, I can't imagine supporting a non-league team so loyally.

Looks like we're panic buying Grant Hanley.

XDBsO2O.png

RIP Norwich. Did you watch the Milwall game or any highlights of it? Worrying signs.

That might just help Newcastle out a lot, they need to shift a lot of players before they make signings. Apparently Fulham want Gayle too.

Years
  • Will Peprandi start with 3 defenders against Liverpool tonight? I hope it goes the same way as Arsenal and Hoffenheim.

Years
  • Whoop! It was sort of like that but this time Liverpool were the victims.
    Should have defended better nevertheless. Some of those goals, we wouldn't have stopped even if there were 11 men on the pitch.

Years
  • Oh well I've heard that a few times but I don't think that's true or that Liverpool fans try to always paint themselves as the victims any more than other groups of supporters. There was an offiside goal we conceded earlier this season that cost us 2 points but there hasn't been much hoopla over it.

The red decision was something of a 50-50, he could have given a yellow and people might not have complained but, but no complaints for red either. After all his boot ended up near Ederson's face and he didn't even get the ball. Nevertheless being down to 10 men is no excuse for such shambolic defending.

Years
  • Frank de Boer sacked. He was brought in to supposedly instill a total football philosophy in the club. 4 matches later he's gone. Parish pressed the abort way too soon.
    The fixtures list isn't good news for Woy. They could realistically have 0 points in 8 matches. Are they going to get a new manager again then?
    21544186_1149999228435519_8220802959759012633_o.jpg

Years
  • Didn't see that result coming. Seems we did what your lot did to us at Carrow Road a couple of years ago.

5 league clean sheets in a row, think that's a record for us.

Yeah, we were hopeless in that game. No chance of us breaking down a team after they've gone one up. We actually looked much worse in the 2-2 at Brentford a few days later though, we got away with a point due to Brentford being really terrible themselves. Hopefully we've managed to push the reset button over the international break.

Do you want Howson back by the way? please say yes

Palace are going to break a few records this season.

Is it too early to suggest they might beat Derby's point record?

Years
  • Surprised to see him not performing. Only spells I really remember him being poor here were when he was stifled playing a defensive role or shunted our onto the right wing (weird couple of months). We absolutely lack a runner from the middle so a player like Howson would be Ideal.

Would have been offering James Husband back a month ago, not so sure now. Taken a bit of time to settle in but he's looked more than capable in his last few appearances.

Back