• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • Haha, I assumed it would be Leeds or Sunderland who didn't pick us. No surprise there.

All of this just adds pressure, would be nice to be under the radar like Norwich.

Years
  • Yeah, I think I'll skip on the Fantasy League. I usually forget to update it anyway.

A lot of unknown quantities in that Norwich side now. Sunderland and Derby draw to open up the Championship season, probably a bit disappointing for both sides really.

Years
  • Pretty funny, but if I was the boss it would make me want to drop him even more.

Bad start for us, but oh well. Hopefully Monk learned a few lessons, the first being that playing Fletcher over Bamford is dumb.

Years
  • He was dropped from the squad tonight and Farke was cagey in his post match presser. Bit worried.

Football wise we're clearly a work in progress. Pass the ball around in defence and midfield a lot and can't defend set pieces, suppose they call that 'philosophy'.

Saw a goose do a couple of laps of the stadium, that was fun.

Years
  • I caught your highlights on Channel 5, seems like both you & Fulham could have scored a lot more with the chances available. Bad start for Watkins as he missed a couple of sitters as well.

Maybe we can add Oliveira to our overindulgent selection of strikers.

Years
  • Bar snatching at a couple of chances Watkins actually had a good game. I was surprised at how quick he was. A really direct runner too, missed that last night.

Zimmermann has probably impressed most from the new players so far, considering Farke said he would take a while to get up to this level it's been a nice surprise.

After 2 games I'm not convinced with Husband. Although with Josh Murphy in front of him and Reed/Vrancic in the middle there really isn't much support for him. Ryan Fredricks of Fulham tore him apart. Steipermann and Jamal Lewis (youth player that broke through over the summer) must fancy their chances,

Years
  • Yeah, the first two games certainly kicked the Premiership off well. I didn't watch Liverpool, but Arsenal v Leicester was insane. Some great performances from Burnley and Huddersfield provided some more interesting results.

Pretty poor performance for most of the game from Boro today, but a win is a win and it's clear we will be playing some entertaining stuff this season when it all comes together.

Hopefully I will be able to watch Norwich v Sunderland and Man Utd vs West Ham tomorrow.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • What a start to the season for my team AFC Totton! 2 wins in first 2 league games, both 3-1, top of the League, and through to the next FA Cup qualifying round after a 5-0 win last night.

Far too early to get too excited but it's been a few years since we've been able to say "WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!" ^^

Last edited:

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • So, UCL groups are here!
    It seems like a doable group for my Napoli.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    West Ham better get on the points board here against Newcastle.

Years
  • So, UCL groups are here!
    It seems like a doable group for my Napoli.

The contrast between Group E and H is ridiculous.

Napoli should do just fine in that group.

West Ham better get on the points board here against Newcastle.

It's going to be a loooong season for West Ham. Newcastle looked spectacularly poor when I watched them last week so for them to win 3-0, the Hammers must be in really poor form.

It seems inevitable that Bilic will be replaced soon.

What a start to the season for my team AFC Totton! 2 wins in first 2 league games, both 3-1, top of the League, and through to the next FA Cup qualifying round after a 5-0 win last night.

Far too early to get too excited but it's been a few years since we've been able to say "WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!" ^^

Sounds like exciting times, have you been going to the games?

Not too bad a start for Southampton either.

Arsenal went to Liverpool for nothing

I didn't watch the game, but Gary Neville's comments on the performance suggest Arsenal are hopeless this season. 3 points from 3 games is a bad start and I thought they were very lucky to beat Leicester on the opening day, so it could easily have been even fewer points.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    It's going to be a loooong season for West Ham. Newcastle looked spectacularly poor when I watched them last week so for them to win 3-0, the Hammers must be in really poor form.

I just find it funny, my first year watching the team, and they are doing historically bad.

Back