• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Game Grumps Fan Club - WHAT IS THIS?!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
For today's episode, we're going to go to the first episode that Dan ever appeared on: Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!: Around the World - Part 1!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
Well, I love Punch Out!!, but, back in the day, this was the death of Grumps to me. I avoided it like a plague. However, looking back, this series is average at best, but does have an incredible moment: the Macho Man Randy Savage moment. When they were discussing how he stopped the apocalypse, I couldn't stop laughing, Arin's impression is hilarious!

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Well you also have to remember, that was Danny's first series being a Grump (and his first episode, to me more specific.) So of course there was a lot of nervousness/anxiety going into it and the fact that Arin and him still needed time to gel on a comedic level. I don't understand why people are still so resentful of him - Danny's awesome.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Watching that punch out episode brought back good times lol. I miss how they were last year. I like when Arin and Danny are literally just having a conversation and joking about the game they're playing.

I'm watching their Mario 3D World playthrough and it's almost like a chore for me to continue. It's just become a "f*** you! no f*** you!" kind of video and that got old after awhile.

Years
Well, the "F*** you" attitude was the driving force of the Jon era, and people loved that. I'll admit I actually only became a full-on Grump fan after Danny joined (though I was well aware of their existence and influence before then, and I'd even watched some of their videos) exactly because the dynamic changed. It was no longer- The humor no longer came from exchanging hostilities or laughing at the game separately, Arin and Danny are capable of laughing at a game together, and laughing at each other, in a sort of... in a way that sort of flows together. I like to use a very simple sentence for this.
"Jon and Arin were funny on their own, but Danny and Arin are funny together."

This is what the Grumps are supposed to be about now.

On a completely different note, I'm not watching the new Five Nights series. Partly because I've been trying to completely avoid that game for various reasons, partly because it's Steam Train without Ross or Danny. So it kind of loses the Steam Train label.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Yeah I get what you mean. I've been a fan of Game Grumps since Jon has been around when they were uploading their Smash Bros VS. I did like them when they were always bickering. However ever since Danny's debut, I just found Danny funnier overall. I enjoyed his impersonations and stories and hearing Arin tag along with his comedic routines. However I feel like it's going back to the Jon route of constant back and forth remarks lol. Idk, I guess it's just that I don't find the older episodes of Jon funny anymore yet I rewatch the playthroughs with Danny a bunch of times.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
@Punch Out

I've began to watch Game Grumps series in order, beginning with Punch Out, and I just finished it yesterday. You can tell that it's one of Dan's first series because of how Dan's humor was all geared toward the game and that the two weren't messing with each other. It's good to see how much they've improved their interactions since then.

I'll agree with Richard Fightmaster's opinion saying that the series was average, at best. The first episode wasn't really that entertaining but the series improved with each episode. I blame it on the fact that my first impression of Dan was during their newer series.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Has anyone noticed an increase in Youtube comments about Jon? I don't remember there being so much mention of Jon during other playthroughs such as Wind Waker HD or Super Mario World. Where did all of this come from?

It just confuses me because I could understand everyone asking what happened to Jon or "I hate Grumps" when Danny was first introduced, but to continue something that died off over a year ago is just, wow...

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I haven't been reading the comments, but when I do it's usually just someone making a joke about the episode or someone's favorite part. Also I've been catching up on their older stuff rather than watching the newer series, so that doesn't help.

Idk, if they don't like it then they don't have to watch it. Game Grumps is still enjoyable for many fans and eventually the older fans will be faded away by the newer fans, who will have nostalgia with Dan rather than Jon. The older Grumps' series are still available to watch and Jon is still doing his own videos, and it's not Dan's fault for not being Jon...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
The main reason why the "Where's Jon?" comments haven't died down is because people are still looking for an answer as to why he left. There's been so many conspiracies about the situation that no one knows what the true story is. There are some really dedicated people who try to get to the bottom of this situation to find out why Jon left, and they bring up what they find, which gets spread around the Grumps fandom and it just never ends.

I think the major ramp in activity is because of the image that was floating around. I'll just post it here instead of trying to explain the situation:
Spoiler:

It also doesn't really help when Jon says that he's willing to talk about Game Grumps but can't due to legal issues, Dan and Ross are friendly when they talk about Jon, but Arin and Suzy completely deny Jon's existence. So the Grumps fandom goes on crazy hunts in order to find out what's going on because they can't get a straight answer from anyone involved in the situation.

Personally, I like Danny. I wish his humor could be showcased more in the show instead of him being drowned out by Arin, but I do enjoy the episodes where he and Arin work together on a game and carry the comedy that way. I was so close to unsubscribing from Game Grumps until the Trauma Center series, and every episode of that has had me laughing. Though Super Mario 3D World has been funny whenever Danny trolls Arin or just has child-like glee when he's playing as Toad.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I think that the picture you posted was proven wrong by a Reddit user the other day. It was something along the lines of that the guy had several posts that were similar to that post that was in the video. I don't have the actual link to disprove it because I'm at work at the moment, but I do remember seeing that on the Grump Subreddit.

If anything, if something like that did actually happen, I think they would have just not aired it instead of trying to cover it up. Also, I'm pretty sure thy aren't allowed to talk about it because of a contract that Jon and Arin have with Polaris. There's a video circling the YouTube world that has Jon saying he can't talk about it because of "contract" reasons - but again, I'm at work so I can't actually provide the link at this time.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
Username:Railgun
Favorite Grump:Danny (Dear Lord people love Danny)
Favorite Series:Chulip
Favorite One-Off:The Amazing Frog

Danny brings all the lovelies to the yard!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Look, I know this isn't the best thing to say in a fanclub, and this isn't particularly about you guys, or even most of the GG fans (just the vocal minority that comment), but Jesus...Game Grumps fans really are the worst. I mean it. Like, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just decided to stop because of all of this, and I could easily see someone else just leaving the show if they weren't Dan (but, as mentioned in the Wind Waker series, he knew what he was signing up for).

But the fact that this very vocal minority can act as if they are entitled to information that has little to do with them and go out of their way to force information out of them in ways that makes things more difficult on them, Jon himself, and Barry that really makes me sick to my stomach. And there are very obvious reasons as to why they won't say, apart from it not being entitled information and that they actually did give a reason that people just don't want to accept.

It's just complaining for the sake of complaining. Though there are trolls involved that do this just to start up trouble, and I get why people want to know, but it's gross how they're going about it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Yeah the comments have gotten really bad since Jon left. I kinda wish those vocal "fans" would give it a rest and do something more progressive with their lives instead of looking into every little detail they can for an answer that has already been given.

However those comments will never stop me from enjoying Game Grumps at all. I love their content even if some episodes are hit or miss.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
It's just complaining for the sake of complaining. Though there are trolls involved that do this just to start up trouble, and I get why people want to know, but it's gross how they're going about it.

You don't have to worry about stating what you did. To be blunt, that's not just the Game Grump fanbase, but Youtube as a whole. For some...bizarre reason, the Youtube comment section has gone completely out of control as of late: Game Grumps, Rooster Teeth, TotalBiscuit, PewDiePie, JonTron, Markiplier...they're all basically the same outcome (aka pretty damn trollish.) It's just a common trend that I've seen across a wide slew of Let's Players, which is why you'll sometimes see the gamers make fun of the Youtube community (which personally, I don't blame them.) In the end though, it should be remembered that the majority of fanbases are the ones that click on the video, don't respond in anyway, shape, or form, and move on to the next video. It's just the vocal minority that seems to catch all the attention.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
Username: SeekerOfDarkness (although I just put in a name change request, so if it's been filled out before this is seen, it's Freddy Fazbear)
Favorite Grump: Barry
Favorite Series: Ummm tie between Civ V and Mario Party 8 and Spore
Favorite One-off: The Daring Game for Girls. Or the Stanley Parable

I try not to think about why Jon left, because I think that it's just like Doctor Who (if anyone watches that). It's not important why Jon left, but that the show can now try new things, regenerate themselves. I like both Jon and Danny (I think Jon is slightly funnier but they're both hilarious), so to me it's like the Not So Grump role has been passed down solemnly, and with no hard feelings. Even if Arin and Jon had some sort of falling out, it doesn't matter to me, because the Grumps are past that chapter now. And I would't mind seeing the cast continue to change over the years - as one grump leaves another follows behind. I've always kinda expected Arin to someday leave the Grumps, and even though he's a huge part of the show, I would be okay with his departure as long as his successor was funny enough to be worthy of his title. Just my thoughts, sorry for rambling.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I don't think that Arin is going to leave Game Grumps. Considering the way Youtubes payment practice works, it royally screws over animators, which is why I'm pretty sure that was part of the reason why he created Game Grumps in the first place; to get a steady pay through a gaming lifestyle that has quickly become popular and has shown that people can make a living off of (see PewDiePie, Markiplier, SeaNanners, CaptainSparklez, etc. etc.)

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
How do people feel about the current lineup of Grump games? In my opinion, things are getting really old really fast. I'm not too keen on very long game series because I like diversity, and I feel like this is the first time that they've had three ongoing long playthroughs. I'm the biggest fan of it to say the least.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
I haven't been interested in the slightest in their current series. None of them appeal to me, and I've always preferred their one-offs anyways. Lately I've been researching old grumps episodes to fill my grump needs.

Back