• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Game Grumps Fan Club - WHAT IS THIS?!

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Not really. But then again, I stopped watching Game Grumps for an x amount of time. Seeing as how they insist on another bad Sonic game, and pointing out everything wrong with it... yeah, Sonic '06 was a game that made me unsubscribe until I found out JonTron left GameGrumps.

I do like some of their songs, but I don't know what else they've been working on.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I found a lot of the songs from the first Starbomb album difficult to listen to. While I love instrumental versions of their songs--especially Luigi's Ballad--Arin's rapping and reliance of overly-sexual jokes turned me off from Starbomb. While Arin's rapping skills seem to have improved between albums, I'm not really interested in any of the songs. That might change when I actually listen to them, but I'm not counting down the days for the album's release.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I think the reason why the first album was over sexualized was because it has a heavy NSP influence on it (if you haven't looked at Dan's band, check them out; you'll understand then.) The new album actually is in a completely new direction lyrically, and to my knowledge I can't even recall a sex joke that they did in their new songs.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Has everyone been enjoying this years Jingle Grumps and Steam Sleigh? The one-offs have been pretty good so far, but I haven't watched the series yet. Good to see that they are doing another Silent Hill series; the first Silent Hills series was great.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
I loved their Wrestlemania X8 playthrough. It's a nostalgic game for me so it's funny to see people who don't know much about wrestling play the game and be creative with their created characters.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Username: Wilhelm
Favorite Grump: Arin "That's up to interpretation" Hanson
Favorite Series: Sonic '06
Favorite One-Off:

I really relate to Arin, we actually have pretty similar personalities and mind sets, he just is a bit more open and crude about it than I am. Even now when I see a lot of people saying that he's not as funny any more, I still like him.

There was a comment I saw in one video recently, the one for the Fish game recently, when Arin had yelled "We aren't playing this for fun!" about the fact that they were using a guide. The comment took that one line out of context and said it "explained a lot". This pissed me off and I wanted to respond to him so bad (I had forgotten my Google password oops!). Anyway I just wanted to point out that they play video games as a job and it becomes harder to put on a show like that as time passes. People on YT need to realize that it won't always be great.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Username: Wilhelm
Favorite Grump: Arin "That's up to interpretation" Hanson
Favorite Series: Sonic '06
Favorite One-Off:

I really relate to Arin, we actually have pretty similar personalities and mind sets, he just is a bit more open and crude about it than I am. Even now when I see a lot of people saying that he's not as funny any more, I still like him.

There was a comment I saw in one video recently, the one for the Fish game recently, when Arin had yelled "We aren't playing this for fun!" about the fact that they were using a guide. The comment took that one line out of context and said it "explained a lot". This pissed me off and I wanted to respond to him so bad (I had forgotten my Google password oops!). Anyway I just wanted to point out that they play video games as a job and it becomes harder to put on a show like that as time passes. People on YT need to realize that it won't always be great.
Wait, so are you saying that the show is losing some of its appeal because they're treating it more like a job ban for fun? I'm just a tad confused.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Wait, so are you saying that the show is losing some of its appeal because they're treating it more like a job ban for fun? I'm just a tad confused.
Well that may be true for Arin, at least. I read some comments a while back talking about how they thought Arin seemed "tired" and almost forced due to the constant nature of Game Grumps and that he should probably take a break for a while. I don't completely disagree, I could see Arin taking a break doing a lot of good for the show.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Well that may be true for Arin, at least. I read some comments a while back talking about how they thought Arin seemed "tired" and almost forced due to the constant nature of Game Grumps and that he should probably take a break for a while. I don't completely disagree, I could see Arin taking a break doing a lot of good for the show.

Steam Train seems more like a job than anything. Besides the most recent series of Rust, when was the last time that the show has had an actual series? It's mainly one offs nowadays. Plus, I miss the good old days of the Ross-Danny Steam Train episodes; those were the best (although the Barry-Ross combo is pretty good as well.)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I don't think that there's anything wrong with treating it as a job, I just think that people hitting on comments like that as if it "explains why GG is going downhill" is rather ignorant. The commenters don't get that it's hard to keep something like this up and that rough patches are bound to happen. Honestly I think that Arin has become burnt out on Steam Train because he did it SO MUCH this year. I suppose I just wanted to rant about the nay sayers on YT who like to say bad things but watch the show anyway. If you don't enjoy it, there are a million other Let's Players out there.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I don't think that there's anything wrong with treating it as a job, I just think that people hitting on comments like that as if it "explains why GG is going downhill" is rather ignorant. The commenters don't get that it's hard to keep something like this up and that rough patches are bound to happen. Honestly I think that Arin has become burnt out on Steam Train because he did it SO MUCH this year. I suppose I just wanted to rant about the nay sayers on YT who like to say bad things but watch the show anyway. If you don't enjoy it, there are a million other Let's Players out there.

YouTube comments in general are pretty shit, so don't read too much into it. If you want to read some qualitative comments on their videos, check out the Game Grumps subreddit. You'll find some pretty funny shit there.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I found that the quality of GG has gone downhill in very recent times, but it's understandable due to how much everyone on the team was doing. They were working on not only the show, but also a new album, animating music videos to coincide with the release of the album, and whatever personal projects each member was doing for their own channels (NSP, Ross's animation, Arin's work). Not to mention that they were working longer hours to make sure there was enough footage for episodes when they took their break to Japan.

The Jingle Grumps episodes have brought the channel back to the quality that I remember seeing before. Every one-off has been great, and Steam Train has been good as well. The improvement there, for me at least, is the change in cast: Ross and Barry play off so well with each other.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I'm hoping that Danny returns to Steam Train soon. I just assumed that he wasn't so active on the channel because he was writing the new Starbomb album.

What do y'all think of Kevin being the new editor for Game Grumps?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Today's Katamari episode has really good energy. It sounds like they're relieved after all the stuff they did recently. On another note, I really loath that Arin has such hatred for the Sonic games.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
On another note, I really loath that Arin has such hatred for the Sonic games.
I don't really mind that he doesn't like them so much as I think he simplifies them too often. Or rather, he simplifies their flaws to often and generalizes them to the entire series. For instance, in the Sonic 06 playthrough he equated Sonic 06's terribleness to the Adventure games, saying they were all terrible. I can see why he doesn't like the Adventure games, sure, but the flaws that are held by 06 and those by the Adventure games are hardly comparable.

He recently did the same with Generations, which bothers me particularly because it does a lot to remedy and address a lot about its surrounding games. I'm not exactly a die-hard Sonic fan, I'll say that much. I've played Sonic games since I was little, but I'd still be the first to call a Sonic game out on its flaws. Generations is one of the most "right" things Sega has done with the series in a while, and it's not so much that Arin doesn't like the game that bothers me so much as it does that he thinks it's a bad game. The hate borders on irrational, even if it did have a logical basis originally.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Those games are on the mind now though, so maybe Danny will force him to play one of the good ones in the near future, lol

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Generations is one of the most "right" things Sega has done with the series in a while, and it's not so much that Arin doesn't like the game that bothers me so much as it does that he thinks it's a bad game. The hate borders on irrational, even if it did have a logical basis originally.

That's kinda why I don't like Arin all that much. He bashes on a game's flaws hard even though half the time he barely pays attention with what goes on in a game and blames the game for not explaining better. It's like a politician who doesn't know politics.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
That's kinda why I don't like Arin all that much. He bashes on a game's flaws hard even though half the time he barely pays attention with what goes on in a game and blames the game for not explaining better. It's like a politician who doesn't know politics.

I mean, give the man some credit: he has to be a comedian and play the game at the same time, it's actually incredibly difficult to do. I've tried doing it and my god you really need to pick one or the other.

Back