• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    What does the DSi have that the DS doesn't?
    2 cameras
    SD card slot
    None of which can really be used for new features. What are you gonna do with the cameras? Take a low quality picture of yourself? And do what with it? And what about the SD card slot? What new feature could that be used for? Not a damn thing.

In fact, the DSi is Pokemon's worst friend. No GBA slot, and bad battery life compared to the DSL.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    DSi is faster than previous version... if they want to improve in graphics, i think they'll need this

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Knowing their fascination with making one game for the price of two, I wouldn't be surprised if the Gen 5 games had some different content depending on which console the game was played on. DS gives you one of the Gen 1 starters later on, DSi gives you one of the Gen 2 starters, etc., that kind of thing.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Knowing their fascination with making one game for the price of two, I wouldn't be surprised if the Gen 5 games had some different content depending on which console the game was played on. DS gives you one of the Gen 1 starters later on, DSi gives you one of the Gen 2 starters, etc., that kind of thing.
    I find it hard to see how they can actually implement that. Won't it be so much easier to do it per game like they normally do?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

I find it hard to see how they can actually implement that. Won't it be so much easier to do it per game like they normally do?

They would have to create sepperate games for each console which would be a waste of their time and despite it being an agrivating money grab they'd probably lose more money by making sepperate software. (Not that I know anything about software development.)
    So yeah I agree.

gtfo you terrible mod, I can't say someone is wrong? What a world we live in.

I don't know what you're replying to but personal insults will always make you look like the bad guy and the smaller man...=/

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    gtfo you terrible mod, I can't say someone is wrong? What a world we live in.

You're asking to be banned. If you don't like the way things work here, then LEAVE because, to be quite honest with you, you've trolled and disrespected our mods, our members, and the forum as a whole. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

On topic:

What do you all think we'll be seeing in CoroCoro or on Pokemon Sunday concerning 5th gen? I'm hoping for a reveal of the starters.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    What do you all think we'll be seeing in CoroCoro or on Pokemon Sunday concerning 5th gen? I'm hoping for a reveal of the starters.

As much as I'd like to see the starters, I can't see it happening yet, they're focusing on the movie now so most things will be related to that. (Especially Pokemon Sunday)

CoroCoro I have more hope for, but I think the April issue will be a good issue! =D

Years
    I'm surprised they showed the Ranger game before they showed us the Gen 5 game. I mean, they made a filler Ranger game too? WTH? HG/SS is of course filler until we see Gen 5....so does that mean that the Ranger game is going to be epic as well? What more can they introduce?

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    Oh, I haven't heard THAT lie before. I have better ideas and push down crap ones so I'm a troll? Then I say someone is wrong about a fact(they were) and my post gets deleted? You people are fu*king ret*rded. Please remove yourselves from the gene pool by walking onto oncoming traffic. The person in charge must throw a dart to decide the mods. I can't blame him, it's fun to laugh at idiot mods.

Ahh.. you're so kind and thoughtful aren't you? :D
    Nicest user I've ever seen! Kudos.

-----
    I'm not really that pushed about Gen V. 'Twas the same with D/P though, saw Munchlax and I wasn't really bothered, but once I saw other monz, well, Bob's your uncle!
    If there's a couple more fire Pokemon and a little less water (a lot less), I'll be happy.

Years
    Look, I don't know who the hell you are, I couldn't care less, but stay on topic. Troll somewhere else, this is POKEMON, not TROLLING THREAD. *I made it bigger for you to see*

Like Pichu said, stop. You clog up PC with that sort of stuff.

Anyway, what does anyone think of Zorua and Zoroark?

One last thing. Why do people Troll? Does it help you guys in anyway?

SirFluffysworth

Your Mother
    Years
    Oh, I haven't heard THAT lie before. I have better ideas and push down crap ones so I'm a troll? Then I say someone is wrong about a fact(they were) and my post gets deleted? You people are fu*king ret*rded. Please remove yourselves from the gene pool by walking onto oncoming traffic. The person in charge must throw a dart to decide the mods. I can't blame him, it's fun to laugh at idiot mods.

Man, what is your problem, seriously? If you have a problem with the people here and the mods then you shouldn't be here.

Anyway back to the actual thread, does everyone think it would be stupid to change the starters types from Grass, Fire and Water to something else?
    Rumours have been going around saying that there may be Psychic, Dark and Fighting starters, which would upset me if they changed it to that.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Man, what is your problem, seriously? If you have a problem with the people here and the mods then you shouldn't be here.

Anyway back to the actual thread, does everyone think it would be stupid to change the starters types from Grass, Fire and Water to something else?
    Rumours have been going around saying that there may be Psychic, Dark and Fighting starters, which would upset me if they changed it to that.
    Those rumors have been going around since D/P and it won't happen as there is perfect ballance between the three!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I doubt that the starters will change type, Nintendo likes to keep things like that fairly constant between generations. I would like to see some interesting new secondary types though. :D

Does anyone else think that Nintengod is lying about his age...?

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I would actually like to keep the starters the same. Like I've said before, I prefer the classic Fire, Water and Grass to any other combination - but that's just more personal than anything.

I just want them to bring the classic simple but innovative ideas that we cherish so much back into the Pokemon games because, frankly, although they are still fun to play, I think they're starting to get repetitive. However, with the release of Zoroa and Zoroak, it looks like the Pokemon artists are really gunning to impress.

SirFluffysworth

Your Mother
    Years
    I doubt that the starters will change type, Nintendo likes to keep things like that fairly constant between generations. I would like to see some interesting new secondary types though. :D

Does anyone else think that Nintengod is lying about his age...?

Yeah some intersting secondary types would be awesome, as long as they dont take away the grass/fire/water look and feel of the Pokemon.

And yeah, he probably is :P

KissTheSkull656

Trainer
    Years
    Hmm...taking both of those ideas, what if they made the starters with Psychic, Ghost, and Fighting as the secondary types of Fire, Water, and Grass? I think that would be cool as long as it's not another Fire/Fighting. I would hate to have three of those starters in a row.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back