• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Hoenn Diaries (M) (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I originally sent this as a VM to gimmepie, then realized this was probably more appropriate.

I think I'll be poking around the entrance to Jagged Pass for a bit, if that's cool.

Three questions:
    1. Rules say GMs determine failure/success of capture attempts. What if I'm wanting to fail (character growth and all that)?
    2. Are the pokémon listed as "available" the only pokémon we can encounter or the only ones we can catch?
    3. Is the "Part" section of the heading referring to the number of our posts in the chapter? (i.e. should my next post be "Chapter One, Part Two"?)

Years
  • To answer your questions

1. If you want your character to fail I'm okay with that, that rule is primarily in place to limit success if we need to.

2. They are the only ones you can catch. You can still encounter their evolutionary line sometimes.

3. That is correct.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Made a post, and attempted a capture. I hope you don't mind me letting Starly know Tackle, as I know that you will be putting in the moves for our Pokemon.

Years
  • Actually the moves are entirely up to you.
    It is the ability Scyke or I will be choosing.

Update: Lyssa's first catch was a success. Her new Starly has the ability Keen Eye. You can choose any moves you want from it's learnset but I'd recommend you stick to weaker moves at this stage.

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • I'm going to slowly start working on my next post to get up the jagged pass... also starting the 18th of this month I'm going on a week+ vacation so I will not be posting in that time.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I shall post, I just have other things to focus on atm. I believe I will have time tonight to sit down and do it :]

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Just made another short post, to progress up the pass a little! Nolan has just observed Lyssa's attempt at catching Starly!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Made a quick update post of Lyssa's team. I hope those attacks are okay, I can change them if you want to.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Scratch my last OOC post, I'm not done with school things today yet :x Sorry. But it's only been some days since my last post and once a week should be a fair minimum for busy players, yes? :3

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    you can interact with Nylea if you want. She's just entering the Jagged Pass and I've been having a bit of writers block lately

Years
  • @Red's - Yeah, one post a week is acceptable. After all, we all have lives.

@Everyone - I'm really loving how everyone's posts are coming on, keep up the good work guys! Mick Fizz and I should have our joint post up soon. Now some slightly more important stuff, starting on the twelfth of this month for a few days I probably won't have access to the internet. But Scyke will be around and he is more than capable of handling any queries you may have.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Don't worry, most people will probably be busy playing X & Y around then anyways ;) so I'll get time to catch up here

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back