• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "How did you find PC?" thread

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    So, how did you get introduced to PokeCommunity? Were you recommended to join by a friend or you saw it on google?

As for me, I bought a game (ROM hack) called Chaos Black, thinking of it as a new version of Pokemon (Damn those pirates), and I stuck somewhere. I google'd "Chaos Black stuck in MT. Moon", and it linked me here. I did not join first but I kept 'browsing' here for over a year, then I decided to join.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Shiny Gold. It was a bit after I was introduced to Rom Hacking by TamashiiHiroka when I was browsing random videos on Youtube.

How much a person can change over a few years.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Back when I first got Crystal (yes, my first time on PC was that long ago), I needed a place to get game help and whatnot, and I ended up on Pokemon Elite 2000, which, at the time, was an affiliate of PC, so when I randomly decided to join their forum one day I was linked here...well, not here, but the previous database that PC used to be hosted on. XD

I came back and made this account last year (after a two year absence and two years of extreme inactivity before that) mainly because of HGSS and wanting to jump into the speculation machine thereof. :P

Last edited:

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
    About 5 years ago while playing Pokemon, I was stuck at a certain point and I wanted to find a forum where I could get some help. I searched "Pokemon forums" and PC was listed. PC seemed like the best site out of all the options. I think I made the right choice.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I was looking up Pokemon in game cheats (No ar) and I stumbled upon here. After a while I joined (On a different account) traded for 2 months, made this account and traveled around here.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    I was thinking in buying a ds so i started to check out hte pokemon games and thats all :P pretty boring, huh? well its not like it can be too interesting neither

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    My mother back in 2004, though I really didn't think about joining until very recently. Back then, she was really overprotective and she was really pissed when she saw me on Serebii with all the cussing on it. She showed me some "alternate" sites to go to and the funny thing is that all of them are dead except for this one. Thankfully, she outgrew this stage now that I'm much older but the memory remains.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I'm pretty sure I just Googled 'Pokémon forums' and looked through the results until I found one with a half-decent 1st/2nd Gen section. Dull@me D:

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    I was doing a Rom Hack, and looked for a piece of script and found this place.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Astinus (of fan fiction mod fame) told me about PC on Serebii, so I checked out and joined. Afterward, I gradually eased my way off Serebii and became active here, first in fan fiction, but then branching out into other sections.

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
    Eh...how I got here was pretty boring too; good old google referred me to here after a quick search of pokemon forums.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I think I found PC through the Oekaki because four years ago I wanted to draw Pokemon things and some google search led me to the Oekaki and then a few clicks away I found PC and a few clicks later I joined :D

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I found a video on ShinyGold while going through YT one day, and there was a link to the thread. I couldn't download the game because I had to be a member, so I joined. However, unlike in other forums where I just join to get something I want, I actually decided to stick around :P

I'd like to know the ratio of how many people joined just for ShinyGold to how many people joined for some other reason

Back