• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "How did you find PC?" thread

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • You know... I'm not sure I even remember... It happened at some point while I was just getting into ROM hacking... but I don't remember any specifics lol.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • First time, I probably found it through one of the community sites. I'm thinking Unknown Dungeon but I have no clue, to be perfectly honest. I stuck around because I had a habit of joining a billion forums at a time back in 2002 and I really liked the Webmaster Discussion section. After summer ended, I kind of forgot about the place and migrated back to post mostly at my home forum of the time.

A few months later, in November, my friend Cas started talking about this awesome new Pokémon forum she'd joined. I wasn't too interested but when she mentioned she had a legitimate fanclub, I finally asked for a link to see it and noticed in the banner "We are still working on a better slogan!" which was an improvment on the "We are working on a better slogan!" that was the slogan for that one forum I'd joined in the summer. So I signed up again and stuck around!

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I was into Pokemon games that were "different" from others. =P Then I stumbled upon the great "Shiny Gold" on Pokecommunity. I clicked download, and you had to be a member. So I joined PC to play Shiny Gold. xD But then I came back here to see more "different games", and found out there are hacks. Now I'm a hacker myself [;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I joined serebii in 2004, and found this place like 6 months later. Left serebii. :P

This, together with actually finding it again on my own a second time.

I believe I was searching for some Pokemon ROM hacks, to find out what they were.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It was years since I had last joined a forum and stuck around, so I was searching for one for that reason, and so I can talk about Pokemon Special (because I was obsessed at the time. Now I'm just obsessed with Red). I eventually found PC, joined, and hung around for a bit. First in the GBC area, then in the PokeSpe Fanclub, and after a several month hiatus, Other Trivia where I've pretty much posted most of the time since.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I joined a Spanish rom-hacking forum to download Shiny Gold. Zel said updates were uploaded here first so here I came :P

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I googled "pokemon hack tools" and found a thread on here from one of our banned veteran hackers.
    After a year of lurking, I joined :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    I was searching in google about pokemon shinygold and I saw there pokecommunity there so I decided to join here.

kai0kun

Chibi Trainer
    Years
  • I cant remember the how i found pc the first time, when i registered as it was two years ago XD. But i came across it again when i was looking for some Pokémon fans to talk to. Now im here again,...i don't even talk that much haha.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • I was googling "Online Pokemon Games" because I was bored one day, about three years back. I came across a thread on PC. It turned out to be a hack, read through it and lurked about for a while. I joined a couple of months later and barely posted a thing, mainly lurking.

I came back last year but I had forgotten my old account and password, and for some reason that prompted me to make a new account. Which is this one. : D

Évan1

Now you're gone!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    I saw someone mentioning this on serebii forums and I googled "PokéCommunity" and this site came. This happened like 4 months ago.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Shiny Gold, just like the rest of you~

Hey, I joined three years ago. D:<

BEFORE THE REST OF YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS.

I REMEMBER THE TODOROKI IS DISASTER. ALL YOU LITTLE ONES GOT WAS THE SLOWPOKE MILD ANNOYANCE. D:<

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    I used a search box and tried to look for a Pokemon Forum, and there it is!

Back