• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
    But at she said "G/S" not "HG/SS"... Smehhh, whatever. Specifics, specifics~

So this thread is basically a thread that moderators boot around and we discuss something related to whatever forum it ended up in, right?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah xD I think mods throw it into weird places just for fun sometimes. Or to get people to come there. I'm subscribed to this thread so I post in it now and then.'

Uh... it is the HG/SS forum, but I hope you're allowed to talk about THE THREAD when you'r-

First rule about THE THREAD!
    You DO NOT TALK about the thread!!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I don't know how long it's been since I've touched my SS version. I know I have a rematch with Picnicker Liz pending, and I'll get to it sometime...

(Isn't this pathetic, me procrastinating about a trainer rematch in a Pokemon game?)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    That's impossible, as Double Battles weren't introduced until Generation 3.

Not quite sure what you're trying to think of here... Oh, could it be the battle in Mahogany Town's Rocket Hideout? When there's two Rockets that attack you, and Lance runs over and is like "2 VS 1 is unfair!" and he fights one Rocket while you fight the other?

This must be what you're thinking of, as in HG/SS it is indeed a Double Battle.

You misread my post. I'm saying that the battle in G/S is now a double-battle in HG/SS. :/ Obviously I know that it wasn't a double-battle in G/S. I just didn't state that the second half of the sentence was regarding to HGSS.

Soo...

The battle 'with' Lance in G/S is a double-battle with Lance fighting with you in HG/SS. :>

Better? v_____v

I've procrastinated on battling people sooo many times. xD; I'm sure I have one or two people out there waiting for a battle.

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    When people call you, your supposed to battle them? I missed PokeNav. It has a much easier map to use. It's so much better when people call you to give you stuff.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
    BinaryPeaches said:

You misread my post. I'm saying that the battle in G/S is now a double-battle in HG/SS. :/ Obviously I know that it wasn't a double-battle in G/S. I just didn't state that the second half of the sentence was regarding to HGSS.

Soo...

The battle 'with' Lance in G/S is a double-battle with Lance fighting with you in HG/SS. :>

Better? v_____v

I've procrastinated on battling people sooo many times. xD; I'm sure I have one or two people out there waiting for a battle.

Haha... Sorry. ^^; I just have OCD about specificness.

RYOUKI said:
    When people call you, your supposed to battle them? I missed PokeNav. It has a much easier map to use. It's so much better when people call you to give you stuff.

Yeah, the PokeNav was nice since it told you who you're supposed to battle if you forget. The PokeGear marks your map, which is also nice... Now we just need something that both marks the map and the trainer!

And you're not always supposed to battle them. When you're supposed to battle them, they usually say something along the lines of "Hey, let's battle! I won't lose this time!" after their opening greeting.

I don't know if this is just me, but I didn't get trainer rematch calls until I beat the Blackthorn Gym. Or some time around there, anyway. I had racked up like ~120 hours by then, and was about ready to throw my PokeGear into the Lake of Rage.

Then of course my first rematch was Joey, of all people. : D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I prefer the Vs. Seeker over both, actually. It gives you greater control over who and when you battle.

And sorry, Joey, but after reading complaints about you from frustrated PC members I elected NOT to get your number in SS.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
    I prefer the Vs. Seeker over both, actually. It gives you greater control over who and when you battle.

And sorry, Joey, but after reading complaints about you from frustrated PC members I elected NOT to get your number in SS.

Meh, the VS Seeker bored me. I prefer the luck/timing of the PokeNav and Gear.

And I'm not sure whether I should be happy about having one less person bashing my skull in, or insulted. ):

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I've always been a fan of the PokeNav above everything, but the VS Seeker is second. I don't know why, but I just dislike the PokeGear. :/

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    I don't like how randoms can ring you at any time, that gets annoying, the verse seekeer was good for this, though the pokegear did have a nice interface.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    my biggest HGSS regret is accepting joey's number. i almost want to restart my game just to make the calls stop. the pokegear needs to die.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I personally have not actually been bugged that much by Joey in any of the games I have played bar my Japanese playthrough... and even then it was only a few times.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I find Joey incredibly annoying, too, and every time I start a new game in SoulSilver, I regret not getting his number, but... I can't get enough of that "top percentage of Ratatta" line and how ridiculous it is. XD;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back