• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Father-nature

I train only the finest
Years
  • I wish i knew how to create cool and sexy graphical banners... Anyone know if i can find a tutorial or something on creating banners like the one in my sig?

Years
  • I'm currently back on hiatus (took a break from it for a couple of months), which is a shame since I do enjoy firing up GIMP and mess around. I feel like I've hit a huge creative slump and I haven't been able to find any new, unique tutorials for GIMP in a long time. It's my fault, I guess. I had all summer to learn new things and it was all for naught. :x

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I wish I could follow tutorials more correctly. However, I apparently fail at following directions, so pretty much everything I learned is a mix between myself, and what I have managed to learn from a video, or whatever.

I... make decent graphics nonetheless, I guess.

Bay

Years
  • I wish I could follow tutorials more correctly. However, I apparently fail at following directions, so pretty much everything I learned is a mix between myself, and what I have managed to learn from a video, or whatever.

I... make decent graphics nonetheless, I guess.
    Heh, that's me too. I would try the tutorials, but half the time something went wrong, so I pretty much go with what I remembered while playing around with Gimp/Photoshop. XD

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I tend to treat tutorials more like loose suggestions than hard and fast rules. Hell, when all you have is GIMP and all of the tutorials you can get are intended for Photoshop, being able to creatively reinterpret the instructions is a must.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Well, this thread brought a lot of activity here. I would like to do more, but being busy and lazy doesn't give me a lot of time. :/

I wish I could follow tutorials more correctly. However, I apparently fail at following directions.

Yeah, I used to have that problem, but all you have to do is keep using the program and once you know where everything is, tutorials will be easy to follow.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • If you make a decent request, maybe I can pull my head back into graphics like I keep saying I will...
    But only if you like my graphics, you're not obliged or anything... (my gallery is probs hidden forever, or at the bottom of page 2...)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Well, this thread brought a lot of activity here. I would like to do more, but being busy and lazy doesn't give me a lot of time. :/

Yeah, I used to have that problem, but all you have to do is keep using the program and once you know where everything is, tutorials will be easy to follow.

The problem is I do know where pretty much everything is, but I still suck at following directions. xDD;

Buuut. That's okay, because my graphics are... decent enough? :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    People just don't have the time for graphics, nor time for shops these days as well, graphic art is time consuming and most do it as a hobby, including myself, so G&P suffers due to the aforementioned reasoning. I'd be lucky to get into Photoshop once a week for something other than spriting or quick edits these days. School is the cancer for the section! However, I urge people just to enter the competitions in our sub-forum. A great way to get some work done without too much pressure and that way, you can get better and better and eventually rake up some work which you can open a gallery with.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I wish I had the time or conviction to learn to do graphics. In the end, it's all up to yourself if you become good or not. Hard work seems to be needed /lazy

(Gav, your signature is kewl btw)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    /sucks at graphics but can take somewhat good photos

/is going to make a photo gallery soon...if that's allowed?

/needs to read up on rules lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Yes it's allowed Nica, just have 4 examples. I'm going to be entering POTF soon, I took a nice photo. Though I have a concept in mind in which I may execute in place of the one I took at dawn a few days ago on my way to school.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...I'll have like 20 examples :x
    /haaaas many

And oooh awesome. :D Derozio's going to enter too...which will make it five entrants? Wow. XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    People just don't have the time for graphics, nor time for shops these days as well, graphic art is time consuming and most do it as a hobby, including myself, so G&P suffers due to the aforementioned reasoning. I'd be lucky to get into Photoshop once a week for something other than spriting or quick edits these days. School is the cancer for the section! However, I urge people just to enter the competitions in our sub-forum. A great way to get some work done without too much pressure and that way, you can get better and better and eventually rake up some work which you can open a gallery with.

I entered the Icon Competition again. If I knew what to do for the Signature one, I would also enter that one buuuut, I don't know what exactly would be 'surreal'.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back