• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Internal Battery Has Run Dry...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • "The internal battery has run dry. The game can still be played. However, clock-based events can no longer occur." Everyone who has played Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald knows this dreaded message.

Is your internal battery still alive within your R/S/E games?

Mine no longer is in either my Sapphire or Emerald, but I'm not confident enough to learn how to solder a new one in. I also hear if you replace the internal battery, your save data will be deleted? So, I don't want to risk it.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Its dead in my Ruby but still working in my Emerald, which is basically the only one of the two I ever play these days. Pretty grateful for that as I've taken to growing berries recently.

Years
  • Got it on my super old Emerald cartridge. I never want to delete the save progress though since it's my brother's file. *salutes the file* Lol. The only thing different I did different since inheriting the cartridge was catch more Pokemon on it.

Years
  • If you don't know how to do it, a battery shop will do it for you. That's what I did. Took it in to a place that's only about batteries.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • I replaced mine, that being said even messing around with the timestamp in a save editor doesn't seem to fix the issue fully. I can't get Lilycove sales or the lottery working.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • I replaced mine, that being said even messing around with the timestamp in a save editor doesn't seem to fix the issue fully. I can't get Lilycove sales or the lottery working.

I didn't know you could replace the batteries at ALL. Any idea why those still don't work?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I found out about the battery issue when I loaded up Emerald for the first time in a few years in 2015/16 (I think). Took it to a shop, got it replaced, enjoyed my game immensely. I didn't play it again until I got the urge to go back to Pokémon these past couple of days, and the battery is dead again. The guys who did it for me last time won't be open (if they're even still in business) due to the ol' virus, but I did find a handy visual guide on Reddit, so I'm considering if its worth ordering the raw materials and fixing it myself. It came as a relief when I realised that FireRed / LeafGreen have no internal battery and so will last forever!

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
  • I had it a few times, but I replaced the battery. I have no idea what's happening with it now. I haven't checked it in a while.

Years
  • My internal battery was dry when I first booted up the game lmao.

Then again I realized later in life that my mom and I actually bought a fake copy of Pokemon Emerald, since it didn't have the green outer casing. Thanks bootleg Philippine market!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • My Emerald battery died around 2012, but it didn't really affect much as I'd far moved on from Emerald at that point.
    I came around to replacing it earlier this year, and did it successfully, restarting my save so I could make full use of my new battery.

Back