• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Kirby, Kirby, Kirby Challenge!

FloatingMew

Keeping 1 post a day ^^
Years
  • Omg that website you're using for pictures is much easier

Here is my proof

https://postimg.org/my.php?gallery=3gj3lj06

Edit: Iz dun goofd. In Orange Ocean level 4 I thought there was no way to set of the bomb block under my feet without the beam ability that you can get by swallowing a nearby waddle doo... So I used waddle doo and got rid of the power as soon as I destroyed it. When I realized you could slide to destroy it, I redid the level without ever using waddle doo. Will my mess-up count against me even though I beat it withoutt it?

Challenge complete
    https://postimg.org/image/vh86f1pcl/

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mew

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Not to nit-pick or anything, koff~

But you have me listed under as 'CoffeDrink' and have me playing Squeak Squad instead of Kirby Super Star Ultra. Should I go after more challenges? I have a Meta-Knight run under the belt as well as a standard Kirby run for Revenge of Meta-Knight. I'll see about going through Dyna Blade with the Yo-Yo. How's that, koffi~

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • This is such an AWESOME idea!! I have to be a part of this! :D

Username: Zorogami
    Game: Kirby Squeak Squad (DS)
    Kirby Ability: Ice Kirby!!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Okey dokes, going to update as I go but I am starting the Dyana Blade game on Kirby Super Star! (7:43 PM ET)

Update 5 - Kirby Super Star/Fighting Kirby - Dyna Blade [Stage 1]
    So already came across my first issue. After going through a door theres a bomb you need to break that you need an ability to do. Unfortunatley, I had to reset the game at that point and do it again. I only went as far as I had to before hitting myself to the point where I lost the ability. Also fun fact, randomly learned that you can block in this game :P Ended up getting to Chef Kawasaki with a little bit of diffficulty (had maybe a slither of health left) but was able to defeat him no sweat!
    The Kirby, Kirby, Kirby Challenge!

Stage 1 - Completed! (7:53 PM ET)

Update 6 - Kirby Super Star/Fighting Kirby - Dyna Blade [Stage 2]
    Surprisingly, this stage was a lot easier than the first one. Barely had any difficulties getting through it. Also just came to the conclusion of how to slide kick, so I could have avoided sucking up an enemy earlier on. Wups :3 Nonetheless, I'm going to take a break on this now (going to play me some Dark Souls 2 :P), and I'll get back to the rest of this later!
    Stage 2 - Completed!

Kirby Super Star: 1/8 Games Completed

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: msdmario
    Game: Kirby Super Star
    Ability: Suplex Kirby Ninja

Decided to start over and switch to Ninja instead due to how difficult the Meta-Knight fight is with no abilities. Suplex is very rare in most of the levels so I was fighting a lot of bosses as Normal Kirby.

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Update #1
    Managed to beat the first 2 worlds fairly easy. Best things about the Ice Ability: ranged attack, able to freeze lava/fire. Worst thing(s): Just one type of using it, so very little resources to battle enemies. Also, being only allowed to use one ability makes it impossible to reach certain trasure chests. Im really enjoying it though! :)
    Here are some pics:

Spoiler:

FloatingMew

Keeping 1 post a day ^^
    Years
  • Any abilities that are forced on you are allowed, but you must get rid of them asap. During Nightmare in dreamland I was forced to use Sword during the fight with meta knight and Star rod during the fight with Nightmare

Yukari

Game: Kirby'sReturn to Dreamland
    Copy Ability: Sword Kirby

By the by you used "Game" twice in the sign up example.

Last edited:

Yukari

So I've already beaten the first two worlds. (I didn't start until this morning.) The super ability's are a hugh aspect of the game. usually you have a huge area where there are tons of obsticals to destroy, and you're rewarded with two gears at the end when you destroy the sphere doomer in some kind of bonus level where you can't use you're power in. Obviously I can do that, it does save time though. But stages are way too easy. I could count the number of times I was damaged on one hand, sadly I'm not even kidding. I was able to beat wispy woods without even getting hit. The same applies to world 2, but the boss was far more difficult. Well on to world 3! Hopefully I'll have more of a challenge here.

Update 2

World 3 was far more satisfying. I died a handful of times in the posses of beating it. Fortunately I didn't have too much trouble. The boss was too easy though. As for world 4, pretty much the same. The boss was more difficult though.

Update 3

World 5 was a satisfyingly challenge. I had some trouble with the Grand Doomer; namely I came very close to dying. But during phase 2 of the fight it got really easy. World 6 was long as hell, but wasn't as difficult. The boss was easy too. Now it's time for the last world and the Final Boss!

Update 4

World 7 was easy, until stage 3. I went through hell to beat that stage, particularly at the end where you have to fight hoards of sub bosses. And I'm not talking about in standard 1 on 1 fights in an arena, I'm talking about in the level as regular enemies. See the player is supposed to beat them using "Ultra Sword" but I can't or I would forfeit the challenge. So I have to battle sub bosses as regular enemies sometimes more then one at a time. And they have just as much health as a sub boss. I died more than once here and had to run away from a lot of them too. Next I had to face Landia. but I forgot to return to the ship and get Sword and just faced Landia head on as regular Kirby. And almost died in the process. And I had no better luck with the Lor Starcutter. Lastly was the final boss. I almost ran out of lives here but I managed to beat him too. Lastly I had to fight his second form which was actually easier.

Here have a low quality picture of the credits.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Well, its getting harder and harder. Ice doesnt seem to appear that often in the game, so most of the time im running around without any power.
    The last Boss was a paaaain, because the screen scrolls while he is pursuing you, but i made it.
    Here a few pics:

Spoiler:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Well, koff~

I kind of modified my challenge a tad. Originally, I was going to go with the Shinobi ability in Kirby Superstar Ultra, but I decided to forgo the Ninja Ability in favor of the Yo-Yo ability instead, seeing as how it's more readily available in more of the games. I maintain that I have not used any power other than the Yo-Yo to defeat enemies and bosses. Other than that, yeah.

I did start Squeak Squad up and going through the game Using the BEAST ability. Just kidding, but not really. I've been using the Animal ability. I'm going through some of these levels and it seems like they just kind of skimped in some areas. I'm passed stage 4, and the crab-mech gave me the most trouble due to the short range the Animal ability has. Other than that I'm good, koffi~

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I beat level 1: Pop Star. Lightning enemies are scarce ;; It's been only one in the whole game so far! Also, most of the enemies have invisible bodies with small visible parts and there are other invisible things like stairs, lol. :P Bad emulation is bad. I'll edit/add more later.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • Kirby!! This is my kind of game! <3

Username: Eevee
    Game: Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
    Kirby Ability: I was so torn between High Jump and Hammer but I pick High Jump!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Baaah I'm sorry Shawn, I really wanted to do this but I have had so much going on and cramming in another challenge right now would just stress me out rather than be fun for me. :( I really wanted to do this though. This was a fantastic idea though and I can't wait to see what the next event will be! I hope I can actually find the time to participate haha. Best of luck to everyone playing!

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
  • Just checking in again.I beat Squeak Squad with sword kirby~ It was a little difficult on the third boss but this was totally fun. I've been trying to repeat this over and over again. I may try just normal kirby now~

Years
  • So I managed to beat Kirby Super Star and view the credits using only Ninja Kirby. However, I haven't had much luck making it through the entire Arena using only that. Since I don't really have time to cram it into tomorrow, I just going to stop here. :/

Back