• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Legendary Groudon

CMFiend420_the_Dragonite

The Ultimate Dragonite
    Years
    So I just want some personal opinions on this, do you guys think that using Groudon once you get him is a little over powered? Legendary pokemon have always been way to OP in my opinion, I used him and Latias and glided through the Elite Four and the rest of the game, using that and Blaziken as my starter with mega evolution, I didn't need anything else, I love Groudon don't get me wrong, and Legendary Pokemon should be, well, Legendary but I just want some opinions.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Seems like there's opinions across the board about this, but in general legendary Pokemon are a lot more powerful than non-legendaries :/ It's especially true for Groudon in OmegaRuby, since his Desolate Land makes Wallace and his Water-type attacks helpless against you. I normally just box the legendaries and stick with the team I've been training since the beginning. (I did use Groudon in battle a few times before boxing him though, simply because that Primal transformation is so much fun to watch!)

Years
    I found Groudon more overpowered than Kyogre here as far as the Primal forms go, because Groudon's unique ability grants it an immunity to a type it's normally weak to while Kyogre only got immunity to a type that it already resisted.

As Sopheria pointed out, Primal Groudon makes Wallace a complete joke due to its Water immunity plus the Primal mascots (and Mega Rayquaza) have some of the highest stats of any Pokemon, so you can tell they are overpowered just like many expect a legendary to be.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I always thought it was weird that you can catch the main legendaries before you beat the elite four, but that's another topic for another day.

I boxed Groudon after I caught it, simply because I was too attached to my team to switch any members out. Actually, I might of had only four members... Anyway, I don't like using legendaries simply because they are over-powered in game, and legendaries never seem to be any of my favorites. Not sure why, they just don't appeal to me all that much.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Opponent didn't know Desolate Land still active since I have Primal Groudonon the field and attempting to damage it with water-type moves, realize how stupid AI is thinking that "Oh I can just 2turn KO you with my hydro pump...... WTF Why isn't it working.... it should KO you by now". Now, I can just solar beam it at will and give water-type a good beating.

Yeah, Rayquaza have higher base stats than Groudon topple that with Mega Rayquaza superb and devastating with Ascent

Soon after that, I temporarly boxed Groudon and sometimes take him out and may water-type attacks even non-STAB it was complete joke

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It's completely up to the player's decision. :) If they wanna use it then use it, if not then store the Pokémon in PC. :) There are no perfect or great ways of playing; as long as you don't cheat and found your playing style enjoyable, then so be it! :)

As for me, I prefer using my partners who I met during my journey. :D

Years
    As Sun said, you are not forced to use the legendary mascots here. I pretty much boxed my Kyogre after catching it and just continued with the Pokemon who had been with me on the journey so far.

It's all your choice whether you want to use legendaries or not. There's nothing that is forcing you to use it, so you don't have to if you want.

Reactions: Sun

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
    I used the Legendary's I caught through the story mode to finish the story mode. Then I boxed them. But for me, using them in the game is good but over wifi battle isn't.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
    ^ Same.
    I'm fine with people who use legendaries to complete the main game, because it's honestly never going to be that hard at all (since you can get through it with, say, a team of NU Pokemon), but if you use ubers in WiFi battles, that'll be a problem with me and I'll start complaining about you on my Twitter.

But yeah, I agree with the OP in that using Groudon directly after catching it is overpowered, but if the player wants to use legendaries on their in-game, I personally don't think it's a big deal. You can make the game as hard as you want or as easy as you want, to breeze through it; it depends on how people want to play. Legendaries do make the main game even easier than it originally is, but imo the storyline is there to enjoy, not possibly get a challenge out of.

Back