• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The new HG SS Battle design

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    i dont see much of a change exept for the bars, hope some new moves will be released in these games, but i guess that a bit hard since these moves wont be compatible with previous games, although they did that in DPPt

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • I agree as well; the color scheme for the boxes is like the D/P colors. The slanted look makes it look more modern. It probably would have looked better with a gold/silver color scheme.

Ayselipera

I liked the Platinum boxes better, but I really don't care either way.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The new HG SS Battle design

I lyk the new box thingees, plus i love the new pichu sprites^-^
    plus seeing this could it mean that you can battle em both or is this just a wifi battle(cuz theres no exp thing)?

The two new Pichus came along great together. The Pikachu Colored Pichu looks like it is the same sprite from DPPt with just minor alternations. The Notch Eared Pichu however came a long better in my opinion and simply looks cute in battle. Though, they probably will keep the difference between male and female as it was done in DPPt. Now, when I say this, I do not mean there was a difference on how they were positioned, but the female Pikachu and Raichu had a little indent on their tail compared to the male Pikachu and Raichu sprites. In this battle though, they gave the Notched Pichu a total redesign from the regular Pichu sprite, which is new and I like the idea of it.

Now, as for the Health Box, they never show the Exp. points in double battles. They do appear through Wi-Fi [only in single matches] but it never changes in anyway. So, that has been kept the same here as was for the games before it. I like the sleek look and it is a lot simpler. Platinum's Health Bar does have a better design, I agree, but these are not half bad. I especially favor the smooth slant at the edge of it. Over all, a decent job and keeps me looking forward to what is next.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver

Thanks, if you mean the pokemon that follow you yes, ive seen:
    krickitot
    steelix
    the three starters
    and the pichus

All 493 Pokemon Can Follow you, But there's alot of pictures of Pokemon following gold, such as

Totodile
    Chickorita
    Cyndaquil
    Hoothoot
    Teddiursa
    Arceus
    Steelix
    Lavitar
    Pichu's
    & Maril Following the Female Trainer.

PKMNgamer

youtube.com/pkmngamer
    Years
  • Yeah... all of the pokemon. imagine groudon xD and I love the battle design... I hated the black HP boxes in Platinum... ugh... I love these. very cool.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Hmm.... I wonder if the battle they are showing is from Soul Silver because the HP box is silver and maybe in Heart Gold the HP box is gold??? I doubt it but that'd be kinda cool i guess

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Those Pichu sprites are adorable 8D

The battle screen looks cleaner and better then Platinum in my opinion.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    These ones look good, but I'd rather keep Platinum ones.

The only reason why I really believe Platinum's Health Bar has been altered was to match the basic theme off of Giratina. The black extended design off of the HP nicely matched his Ghost type appearance along with the darker gray style background set. So, I would see the reason why it was reverted back to the silver and simpler look like how it was in Diamond and Pearl as the game doesn't really have much correlation with Giratina besides the Arceus event. However, the different shape of it simply makes it its own rather than taking the direct look off of Diamond and Pearl.

Hmm.... I wonder if the battle they are showing is from Soul Silver because the HP box is silver and maybe in Heart Gold the HP box is gold??? I doubt it but that'd be kinda cool i guess

You know, this is a cool idea, but I wouldn't like to see the Silver style turn Gold. In my opinion it might not have looked as appealing as it does now. Not to forget, the difference in HP Bars were never changed according to the version of the game, however it could be possible [a lot of new features never seen before have been implemented in these remakes compared to past games]. Though, I'd rather it remain [in both games] how it is portrayed here. It is a lot more simpler and easier to focus on, especially for those who player both versions over one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I feel pretty indifferent o it, as long as the more important things are updated, like making it actually a challenge.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I never actually saw the Platinum HP bars (or at least long enough to have an opinion), but the boxes do look nice; much better than the D/P ones. -nod-

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    G/S (or even Crystal for that matter) had a color scheme?

I think you misunderstood what this person was trying to say. It wasn't meant to say that they Health Bar should match that of the original Gold and Silver games, but the actual color of what it is now should have been a mix of gold and silver instead. It was an easy misunderstanding, but I prefer it how it is now [a lot more simplier with its own originality] rather than having a mix of two colors. Two colors like that together mixed might have been to much. Plus, nothing overly done needs to be implemented for this as it is only to keep track of the remaining life while in battle or out of it, so it isn't an excessive deal to me, but at least it was put to have a nice appearance for the most part.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • I like the sleek look to the boxes, but why don't they have an exp bar in the double battles still? There's obviously room.

I like the Notched ear and pikachu colored pichu sprites, but I wonder what the regular Pichu sprites look like now. And do you think you can catch one of the Pichus? Obviously not both but one or the other. that would be cool, i wonder how the notched ear Pichu would look like as Pikachu or a Raichu...

Back