• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The offical "PC won't load | I can't post | threads won't load" etc. thread.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    not much more we can do to fix the out of mem errors.. the server is maxed.. the apps (back end) is as optimised as its gonna get.

Just be patient and try again in a few mins.. the errors don't usually last long. (depending on how busy we are at that moment.)

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    I get The Database Error & the Fatal Error Message Quite often, and Sometimes i Just get a White Screen.
    Also, Sometimes when i Post a Post, it says that the Person who posted Before me was the last poster, byt when I check the Thread, My Post Is Clearly the Last, which makes me Delete my post and re-make it.

but, I think I know the Reason for the sudden trouble over Here:

PC gets visitors from all over the world, if I Correct, and in Certain Parts of The world It's summer Vacation for the people who are still in School, (Like me) and so, there is more people on this forum, the Server can't Handle the Extra Weight that pops up everyone once in a while, which leads to the Fatal Error & database error Messages!

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Yesterday afternoon spreading into really early this morning, I couldn't log in. Now I know other people were having this issue, so I'm not crazy. ><
    Anyway, is the server overloading that bad? Or was it something else?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah that happened to me last night. I wanted to go to PC and it wouldn't let me log in. I got my username and password, and it log me in...but I wasn't in the forum. I got a white screen instead. It was working fine yesterday during the day, it was the evening that went a little crazy. Oh cool, I am not the only one then. You had the same trouble, Midnight Beat. Well you are not the only one then. ^^ I have the same trouble.

But I know is only because the database is overloaded again. I just had to restart my computer and clean my cookies. And it is back to normal.

balthamos

Eeveephile, nom nom!
    Years
    I'm very much getting this problem too, its also affecting my main pc network. So I dont really know what else I can say about it :/

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Yesterday afternoon spreading into really early this morning, I couldn't log in. Now I know other people were having this issue, so I'm not crazy. ><
    Anyway, is the server overloading that bad? Or was it something else?

Yeah that happened to me last night. I wanted to go to PC and it wouldn't let me log in. I got my username and password, and it log me in...but I wasn't in the forum. I got a white screen instead. It was working fine yesterday during the day, it was the evening that went a little crazy. Oh cool, I am not the only one then. You had the same trouble, Midnight Beat. Well you are not the only one then. ^^ I have the same trouble.

But I know is only because the database is overloaded again. I just had to restart my computer and clean my cookies. And it is back to normal.
    why are you even logging out? there is no reason to log out except to perhaps switch user accounts. (there was issues with some temp [login related] data in the database cause the login problem, I've since fixed it)
    I'm very much getting this problem too, its also affecting my main pc network. So I dont really know what else I can say about it :/

Sorry, the last little issue was me messing with apache a bit.. and it wouldn't restart.. also (mostly) fixed now.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    why are you even logging out? there is no reason to log out except to perhaps switch user accounts. (there was issues with some temp [login related] data in the database cause the login problem, I've since fixed it)
    Well I'm stuck on a shared computer at the moment, so I didn't want anyone messing with my account. Regardless, I talked to other people who couldn't log in as well.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well this account is the only one I use, and it wasn't working. At first I thought I messed up with my password or something. But it was only the busy server, but since you fixed it...it is alright. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    I can't seem to post in other threads becasue it keeps on telling me I can't post URL's to other websites until I have 15 posts when there isn't a URL in my post or signature!!

EDIT:Also, why does it shrink my signature smaller then it should when I upload it from my computer?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I fixed my signature problem, but I still can't post.

EDIT 3: I can post now for some odd reason...so nvm about everything.

Last edited:

El Softo

Porygon 2012
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2009
    I'm sure this is old news, but every couple minutes I get
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 262144) (tried to allocate 854388 bytes) in /home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/init.php on line 156

And the server's kinda slow. Probably because of the amount of people.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    usually when this happens, the server is doing some back-end house keeping.. like logs, bw usages, or updates.. it USUALLY goes away in a few minutes.. just be a bit patient till then.. if it lasts LONGER then oh about 5 or 6 mins, then we do NEED to know about it, so that we can take action to fix it. (usually caused by a stuck/looping process)

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Sometimes the page loaded for a long time then the page was downloaded and opened in my text editor(Notepad++) with nothing on it.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I am new here and already having issues. One is that there are times when I can't post or that when I post it is not listed as being new on the thread. Another issue is that most of the time I can't view any attachments to threads and just see a blank page after clicking on a link.

Years
    When I tried to connect on July 24 around nine EDT I could not. Before people start pointing me to the maintenance thread, it was well after the scheduled maintenance.

Back