• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Years
  • I have a shiny ninetales, found the vulpix on Mt Pyre in Sapphire. I was trying to find a female vulpix to add for my team at the time and found a female SHINY vulpix. I didn't care about IVs at the time, just wanted a good fire to beat the rest of the game with. XD

Years
  • I managed to get a Floatzel chain to 40 and started resetting the radar for shinies. The chain randomly broke after a while before I got any shiny patches. Did I do something wrong or was I just unlucky?

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I managed to get a Floatzel chain to 40 and started resetting the radar for shinies. The chain randomly broke after a while before I got any shiny patches. Did I do something wrong or was I just unlucky?

Do you mean it broke as you were running about recharging your Radar? In this case, it would have been an error on your part, sorry to say =P
    When running about, make sure that at least one of the last patches that shook doesn't go out of your sight(off screen, that is.). This causes the chain to break, and the status on the Pokétch app. to vanish abruptly.

Years
  • Do you mean it broke as you were running about recharging your Radar? In this case, it would have been an error on your part, sorry to say =P
    When running about, make sure that at least one of the last patches that shook doesn't go out of your sight(off screen, that is.). This causes the chain to break, and the status on the Pokétch app. to vanish abruptly.
    It broke while I was recharging, but I was careful not to let the patches out of my sight. I also had a Repel up. Still not sure what went wrong.

Ah, well, I guess I just have to keep trying.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • how you get shiny pokemon?

and when time of day or night are thay shiny ?

Shiny Pokemon appear randomly and there is a 1/8192. The time of day days not increase the chances of one appearing. The only thing that does increase the chances is using the Pokeradar to chain, explained here. If you want to see some sprites of Shiny Pokemon compared to their original sprites, check here.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • how you get shiny pokemon?

and when time of day or night are thay shiny ?

In addition to what True Justice posted, you can also find shinies by soft resetting in front of starters, legendaries, or gift pokemon (eevee, fossils, etc). The odds are always 1/8192 but if you keep preserving, you may find a shiny. It's easier than running into random wild battles or hatching. =P The pokeradar is helpful in finding shinies so check out the link posted above. If you have questions about the pokeradar, feel free to ask me. =]

I easily chained new shinies ages ago when I was super bored riding everywhere and such. :<

Buizel
    Ariados/bad quality lulz
    Venomoth

I ended up catching 4 Buizel, 3 Ariados, and 6 Venomoth. Fwee.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    My first real chain in about 4 weeks - A Shiny Spoink appears!

I got to 40 straight away for once. Even though I have Modest, Calm and Timid-natured Synchronizers with me, I opted to not use them for this encounter. There's something about leaving it down to chance that makes it more amusing..

*Boink!*

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    -_- I really liked your attitude a few posts back. *SARCASM*
    Anyways, I found a Shiny Kriketot while I was about to leave from catching one for the people in Solaceon town... but I ran out of pokeballs.... >_< I had to waste my only Pokeball trying to catch my first one before resorting to my only quick ball, didn't I?

Arnheln

A Metapod killed my family...
    Years
  • Just this morning on the bus to college I caught a shiny Haunter AND a shiny Magikarp (I'll evolve it into a Gyarados of course). That now makes a total of 34 shinys caught (Not shiny Pokemon that i caught then evolved, all 34 Pokemon were caught seperately).

2muchfury

Im Back!!
    Years
  • i have all shiny the code is(action replay)12068AC6 000046C0

I have some shinys- theyre:
    all the eevee lutions
    wailord
    floatzel (ev trained)
    rayquaza
    rypherior
    CHARIZARD!!!
    weavile (ev trained)
    i want to battle with you (shiny charizard does rock)

Last edited:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I got my first shiny today :D, Pure luck, Shiny Tentacruel. Yay me.

I think i'm gonna start hunting for a shiny Shinx...:P.

Back